Morrissey autobiography bookcover revealed

I guess the way I'm looking at this is if you are out with a group of friends, and one of them makes a gay joke, would you be one who laughs along, doesn't laugh but doesn't say anything, or one who says it's inappropriate? I guess I'm one who would say something. Sorry.

Re: Morrissey Autobiography Bookcover Revealed!

You agree to not use the Service to:

1. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
Furthermore, Wikipedia defines libel as anything that may give an individual a negative image. Morrissey could sue Solo for allowing this post to stand.

Morrissey, as a public figure is always going to be subjected to satirical use of his image. This is clearly a joke and while you might think that it violates the TOS it doesn't because the intent behind it and the person in the photo are generally fair game. As I posted earlier, if this was something posted by a Cure fan who hated Morrissey and it was designed to disrupt the overall flow of the site there would be an action take, most likely moving it to the pigsty.

If people cannot see that this is a joke they need to pull the rod out of their ass. If you don't think it is funny feel free to say so. You also have the ability to just look away and use the ignore functions that have been provided so you don't even have to see this thread.

Some people are enjoying this thread. Some people are even adding to it. Is this a borderline thread? Absolutely. The mods and the admin have discussed it and most of us agree to leave it where it is.

And yes, Morrissey COULD sue but based on the satirical nature of the image and his public figure status he would not win.

Morrissey, as a public figure is always going to be subjected to satirical use of his image. This is clearly a joke and while you might think that it violates the TOS it doesn't because the intent behind it and the person in the photo are generally fair game. As I posted earlier, if this was something posted by a Cure fan who hated Morrissey and it was designed to disrupt the overall flow of the site there would be an action take, most likely moving it to the pigsty.

If people cannot see that this is a joke they need to pull the rod out of their ass. If you don't think it is funny feel free to say so. You also have the ability to just look away and use the ignore functions that have been provided so you don't even have to see this thread.

Some people are enjoying this thread. Some people are even adding to it. Is this a borderline thread? Absolutely. The mods and the admin have discussed it and most of us agree to leave it where it is.

And yes, Morrissey COULD sue but based on the satirical nature of the image and his public figure status he would not win.

For once, I completely agree with a moderator.

4663563668_04a79359b1_b.jpg

Venus buds?

Yeah. It's fun narrarate Morrissey's life and body until someone uses a pixelated cock, then it's offensive. How do you say "double standard" in German? :p

for a split second,I thought the fanny was the Virgin Mary

I did, too. Just wishful thinking, I guess.

Yeah. It's fun narrarate Morrissey's life and body until someone uses a pixelated cock, then it's offensive. How do you say "double standard" in German? :p

Or in eight paragraphs of English?

Another thing that's disturbing is the way homosexuality is treated here on Solo. It's mocked and ridiculed. Doesn't anyone here understand that much of Morrissey's music is about normalizing different kinds of sexuality and breaking free from gender stereotypes? Suggesting that Morrissey is gay isn't the issue. It's suggesting that he's gay and that he's to be dismissed as a stereotype (mincing, pink-wearing, ridiculous, hyper-sexual). How anyone can, in good conscience, add to that kind of backwards view of the world is beyond me.

If you think homosexuality should only be discussed in hushed tones then it is you who is homophobic. You want to separate it from what is suitable to satirise and poke (pun intended) fun at.

What's wrong with a sense of humour regarding people who like cock? Most of the world likes cock. Homosexuals shouldn't be put to one side where we must kneel (again, pun intended) and give reverence to a sexuality not our own. Or do you think they are so fragile that a joke will render this whole group of people impotent (p/i)?

And Quiffaa? I give you full permission to contort my image into whatever 2 girls and a cup/tubgirl combination your fetid mind takes you to. Donkey in a business suit perhaps? I'm sure I have a photo around here somewhere...

The mods and the admin have discussed it and most of us agree to leave it where it is.

You guys actually have "meetings" about this stuff ? ! :lbf:

Tags
abusive blindadoration boring funny holierthanthou homophobia hypocrites jawohl moral police obscene pseudo_moz_fans stem the rose
Back
Top Bottom