Morrissey autobiography discussion in the media

Following the news from the "Front Row" Radio 4 interview, some additional coverage:

Link posted by Nats1977 in the forums (original post):

Smiths bidding war hinges on 'classic' status - The Independent
Publishers battle to bag Morrissey memoir

Link from Andrew:

Morrissey confirms he's finished his autobiography - NME.com
The book will be out within a year, former Smiths man says

Link posted by WhalleyRange in the forums (original post):

Former Smiths frontman Morrissey 'uneasy' over David Cameron's 'extreme lifestyle' - Manchester Evening News

Related item:

Last edited:
They lie in wait like wolves, the smell of blood in their nostrils. Waiting, interminably waiting, and then...

How cool is that? Of all the Morrissey news of late, this is by far the most intriguing. A Penguin Classic? He'd be right up there with the greatest scribblers in the English literary cannon.

Of course, Faber is no slouch.

I only hope that Morrissey can find it within himself to work with a good editor. No one, not even Oscar Wilde himself could get by without a bit of grammatical tidying-up.

How cool is that? Of all the Morrissey news of late, this is by far the most intriguing. A Penguin Classic? He'd be right up there with the greatest scribblers in the English literary cannon.

Of course, Faber is no slouch.

I only hope that Morrissey can find it within himself to work with a good editor. No one, not even Oscar Wilde himself could get by without a bit of grammatical tidying-up.

I dunno that about Wilde, what I do know is that writing/novels released,
which no-one is till today certain if it's Wilde or one of his friends, the work is
bit more erotic.

homo-erotic

I'm very curious if Morrissey gives something to read in his talking
[well he;'s a teaser isn't he:rolleyes:] about having written allready 600 pages,
and hopefully not triming his ' explosive kegs' and his private life concerning
relationship, having a man/woman in his life which he was involved with more than
just ...well you know what I mean

I'm extremely ititated if he spend 200 pages about Smiths royalties and the Joyce/courtcase, 75 is enough, well make it hundred

anyway now his touir, an album, within 2 year I hope to have the book, I
guess I'm not the only one

Last edited:
Moz, 600 plus pages? Dont be a c***, us fans are all parents and can only read 10 pages a night. This is gonna take me feckin ages. Saying that though I have a guilty secret. I loved the Bernard Manning biograghy and I'm gonna put your book side by side in my book case.......only joking.....

Moz, 600 plus pages? Dont be a c***, us fans are all parents and can only read 10 pages a night. This is gonna take me feckin ages. Saying that though I have a guilty secret. I loved the Bernard Manning biograghy and I'm gonna put your book side by side in my book case.......only joking.....

Read it aloud to your hydrocephalic love child. Vocabulary counts.:D

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom