Morrissey can't bloody act!

I got the impression that they were asking him to do some sort of skit comedy. Maybe like pushing a broom or dressing him up like a policeman.

"Keep it moving. Nothing to see here."

I'm not sure if that's funny, but it's very surreal.

Well, bloody hell.

I suspect it may be a kind of a false modesty on his part. By saying that he can't act, he's saying that he doesn't know how to be anything but himself.

This is reassuring. :o

Considering the number of times he's flatly turned things like this down and insisted he can't act, I'm surprised he was open to the idea at all let alone "in negotiations." I like the thought of Morrissey showing some interest in trying new things during this down time. :)

Considering the number of times he's flatly turned things like this down and insisted he can't act, I'm surprised he was open to the idea at all let alone "in negotiations." I like the thought of Morrissey showing some interest in trying new things during this down time. :)

I don't know about Matt Lucas but David Waliams is apparently a big Smiths/Moz fan and once said he'd been for lunch at Wossy's house and couldn't believe he was sitting on the sofa with Morrissey. He also got 'missiles' thrown at his head that time at The Roundhouse...

I think Morrissey is very bad at saying "no" to people in person. He probably said yes to Walliams and then had to find a way to back out of it.

If he didn't take part of this comedy he knew that whatever he made to try to be good it wouldn't work and of course the media would treat him badly as well.

I can never spell diarrhea either. We have to be soulmates, I mean the proof is everywhere. :p

Last edited:
dia- ("through," c.f. diagram, dialogue) + -rhea ("flow," c.f. rheostat, hemorrhoid), with a euphonic -r- in between.

Yeah, it's always that bloody euphonic arse in between that just kills me :o;)

He could play that WI woman who projectile vomits when she realises she's been eating food prepared by a non-white person.

:lbf:

As the program is set in an airport he may have been pencilled in for the role of an immigration officer

I think a few years ago he said in an interview with Janice Long where he said "how can I act when I can't even be normal?"

I must say I am puzzled by Little Britain; haven't seen much of it but can't find anything amusing. :confused: except maybe the one with Robbie Williams dressed as a little girl, vaguely...
Can you see another celeb answering these questions...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBkgCATMvRE

When something isn't terribly funny to start with, bad acting doesn't make much of a difference, so there's nothing to be shy about...(James Dean would have been great in the Benny Hill show...)
:( Anything you find hilarious by these two, feel free to link.

Last edited:
I think Morrissey is very bad at saying "no" to people in person. He probably said yes to Walliams and then had to find a way to back out of it.

I agree, I think he is bad at most things in person, which is why it's lucky for him that he can sing and write.
I think a lot of it has to do with his ever changing moods. It happens to me a lot. People will say "lets do ..", then I say "I don't know...", they say " oh go on.." I say "Ok". Then I go home and think of ways to extract myself from the situation, saying I am unwell tends to work.

I must say I don't like David W, Matt is good but not David. I don't think they are mates though (thank god).

Last edited:
I must say I am puzzled by Little Britain; haven't seen much of it but can't find anything amusing. :confused: except maybe the one with Robbie Williams dressed as a little girl, vaguely...
Can you see another celeb answering these questions...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBkgCATMvRE

When something isn't terribly funny to start with, bad acting doesn't make much of a difference, so there's nothing to be shy about...(James Dean would have been great in the Benny Hill show...)
:( Anything you find hilarious by these two, feel free to link.

Oh dear

Yeah, the Robbie link.
I was only messing though

K. :)
Sigh. (I've now heard all of Vicky Pollard's incomprehensible monologues and remain convinced that she's not a patch on L. "aks me in English!" Cooper. )

edit/ the bald one almost bordering on funny sometimes, the non bald one: about as much comic genius as a root canal. The evenings in front of the telly would of been very, VERY long... :cool:

Last edited:
He's not the worst actor, come on. Tom Cruise has been nominated for Oscars for God's sake :sick:
He'd be awkwad, but that we can handle, Moz.

Back
Top Bottom