8. Suedehead
9. He Knows I'd Love To See Him
10. You're The One For Me Fatty
11. Seasick, Yet Still Docked
12. Alsatian Cousin
13. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
14. Everyday Is Like Sunday
15. The National Front Disco

prolly one of my favorite bootlegs cause the quality is so good, enjoy!

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3P1PZTNSHSDCR1WG188DBMT0GU

This is so cool that you mention this bootleg. The title is actually "I'm a Poet." I found it in a record store in LA and later realized I had been at the show when I was going to school in Boulder. Also, it includes a version of Suedehead from his SNL performance that year which is the best live recording I've ever heard of the song.

> since sharing bootlegs seems to be all the rage right now:

> October 1, 1992
> Colorado University Fieldhouse, Boulder, CO
> Excellent Soundboard

> 1. Girl Least Likely To
> 2. November Spawned A Monster
> 3. Certain People I Know
> 4. Sister I'm A Poet
> 5. Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference / My Insatiable One
> 6. Tomorrow
> 7. We'll Let You Know
> 8. Suedehead
> 9. He Knows I'd Love To See Him
> 10. You're The One For Me Fatty
> 11. Seasick, Yet Still Docked
> 12. Alsatian Cousin
> 13. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
> 14. Everyday Is Like Sunday
> 15. The National Front Disco

> prolly one of my favorite bootlegs cause the quality is so good, enjoy!

That SNL performance of Suedehead was actually the first time I heard Morrissey, I guess around 2001 on a Comedy Central re-run. I'm usually really uptight when it comes to liking new bands, but something about it just caught my attention. I went on napster (haha!) to download the song and of course I couldn't figure out why "I'm So Sorry" wouldn't give me any matches, lol. (how was I to know it was titled Suedehead!) So I ended up downloading the song I thought had the most interesting title, which was "Last Of The Famous International Playboys". I liked that song too and it was a feature on a cd of random songs I liked for about the next 3 years. Sadly the other Morrissey songs I downloaded that day (the first few that came up on the search) were "Sorrow Will Come In The End" and "I'd Love To", which probably weren't the best choices for someone new to Moz. Thus it wasn't for 3 years that one day I was just browsing around the internet and started reading about The Smiths. I had no idea who they were if you can believe that, and I was surprised to learn Morrissey, the guy whose one song I really liked, was their singer. So I gave downloading some Smiths songs a go and was hooked immediately. I then went out and proceeded to buy every The Smiths, Meat Is Murder, The Queen Is Dead, Louder Than Bombs, and Strangeways on the same day. A month later I bought every Morrissey album in a similar manner, haha. I grew up listening to prog rock and mainly 70's music from my dad so it took me awhile to discover Moz, but better late than never. Hopefully when some U.S. dates are announced I'll get to see the man for the first time this year! :)

Tom

> This is so cool that you mention this bootleg. The title is actually
> "I'm a Poet." I found it in a record store in LA and later
> realized I had been at the show when I was going to school in Boulder.
> Also, it includes a version of Suedehead from his SNL performance that
> year which is the best live recording I've ever heard of the song.

i have always thought that version of suedehead was f***ing fantastic. Almost like you could feel the band's energy of being on TV and Morrissey just nailing the shit out of every note. Listen again? The gee-tar work is insane

I can't listen to the songs "such a little thing..." and "we hate it when...". Does anyone have the same problem, or do you know why I can't listen do them? When I try a window pops up and says something about an invalid filename or something like that.

> since sharing bootlegs seems to be all the rage right now:

> October 1, 1992
> Colorado University Fieldhouse, Boulder, CO
> Excellent Soundboard

> 1. Girl Least Likely To
> 2. November Spawned A Monster
> 3. Certain People I Know
> 4. Sister I'm A Poet
> 5. Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference / My Insatiable One
> 6. Tomorrow
> 7. We'll Let You Know
> 8. Suedehead
> 9. He Knows I'd Love To See Him
> 10. You're The One For Me Fatty
> 11. Seasick, Yet Still Docked
> 12. Alsatian Cousin
> 13. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
> 14. Everyday Is Like Sunday
> 15. The National Front Disco

> prolly one of my favorite bootlegs cause the quality is so good, enjoy!

did you try renaming them? They happen to be the two longest song titles on it so perhaps if you change it to something shorter it will work? Only idea I have... it works for me obviously :-/

I thought that was the case as well, but I'm not able to renaming them. It's something strange with these two tracks, because I can rename the other songs. But on these two songs the option for renamnig just isn't there. Very strange. Maybe I should try and download the songs again.

> did you try renaming them? They happen to be the two longest song titles
> on it so perhaps if you change it to something shorter it will work? Only
> idea I have... it works for me obviously :-/

Now it works! I downloaded it again and then it worked.

> did you try renaming them? They happen to be the two longest song titles
> on it so perhaps if you change it to something shorter it will work? Only
> idea I have... it works for me obviously :-/

This was the first Morrissey show I went to. I bought a p.o.s. car and drove from Albuquerque with a couple friends and changed my life forever...

Back
Top Bottom