Morrissey currently has 1,845,965 monthly listeners on Spotify

And you are still an abusive troll who cannot admit to facts. Sad really.

What facts, have I denied the Morrissey/Smiths Spotify listens? No, however you point to senseless things like how many listens does Peter Hook have, which is probably not many seeing he has never released a solo record. Tim Booth played at being a solo artist for a while and Electronic were never as popular as The Smiths. If you want to point to combined outputs, New Order/Joy Division have 9.5 million.

What facts, have I denied the Morrissey/Smiths Spotify listens? No, however you point to senseless things like how many listens does Peter Hook have, which is probably not many seeing he has never released a solo record. Tim Booth played at being a solo artist for a while and Electronic were never as popular as The Smiths.
Well no need to get abusive when you simply don’t understand someone’s argument. You are comparing bands like New Order and James to Moz-solo when you really should be comparing them to The Smiths. Or at least accept that that’s an integral part of his discography.

Someone like Bryan Ferry also has 2 million, but combined with Roxy it is 5.

Well no need to get abusive when you simply don’t understand someone’s argument. You are comparing bands like New Order and James to Moz-solo when you really should be comparing them to The Smiths. Or at least accept that that’s an integral part of his discography.

I have no idea what your point is about comparing bands or solo artists, music is music. Do you think New Order get more listens because there are 5 of them in the band?

I have no idea what your point os about comparing bands or solo artists, music is music. Do you think New Order get more listens because there are 5 of them in the band?
No but comparing bands to solo-artists who left successful bands is unreasonable. How difficult can that be?

And very few artists have as successfully gone solo leaving a classic band as Moz has. Look at The Jam-Paul Weller, Talking Heads-David Byrne or indeed Roxy-Ferry.
The only exception I can think of is maybe Lou Reed.

No but comparing bands to solo-artists who left successful bands is unreasonable. How difficult can that be?

And very few artists have as successfully gone solo leaving a classic band as Moz has. Look at The Jam-Paul Weller, Talking Heads-David Byrne or indeed Roxy-Ferry.

Liam Gallagher

@Surface and @Thewlis: you really need to ask yourself what question you are trying to answer when looking at the numbers.

If you want to assess the legacy of an artist, it makes sense to look at his (her) entire career and add up the numbers. In that case Morrissey wins from New Order, albeit that his legacy hugely benefits from his contribution to the Smiths (and the same holds for Johnny Marr by the way).

If you want to look at the current appeal of these artists, you'd probably want to compare Morrissey to New Order, as both of them are still ongoing acts. In that case, New Order wins. That would make sense because looking at the size of the venues that these acts are playing, at least in the UK and Europe, also suggests that New Order has a broader appeal nowadays. Whether or not this corresponds to our individual preferences, is a different matter.

Anyway, that's just my professional malformation reacting. Like you both.

dont feed the troll.o_O

Yeah, it is getting him new fans.

I just worry about his mental health & his status in the industry.

his 'status' in the industry??? WTF? mental health??? :crazy:
more expertise???? what now Clive Davis the alienist?:blushing:

And you are still an abusive troll who cannot admit to facts. Sad really.

:)
correct, of the species 'skinny' abusive troll.
NO is not even music its made by computer
chips like mini vanilli, chips are programmed
into spotify🤬

Oasis 15 million
Liam 1,2 million.

So no, not by a long stretch. Even James have more listeners than Liam ;)

You said - And very few artists have as successfully gone solo leaving a classic band as Moz has. Look at The Jam-Paul Weller, Talking Heads-David Byrne or indeed Roxy-Ferry.

Liam Galagher has successfully gone solo and has had 3 number 1 albums, which he probably appreciates far more than the Spotify numbers.

I'm pretty sure Morrissey would die for a headline like this -As You Were is the debut solo studio album by English singer and songwriter Liam Gallagher. It was released on 6 October 2017 by Warner Bros. Records.[3] A critical and commercial success, the album debuted at number one in the UK, outselling the rest of the top 10 of the UK Albums Chart combined and achieving gold certification in its first week. It has since been certified platinum in the UK. It also achieved the highest single-week vinyl sales in 20 years, with 16,000.[

:)

spotify listens for the non existing Le:frogface: 'new cd'=0:lbf:

You said - And very few artists have as successfully gone solo leaving a classic band as Moz has. Look at The Jam-Paul Weller, Talking Heads-David Byrne or indeed Roxy-Ferry.

Liam Galagher has successfully gone solo and has had 3 number 1 albums, which he probably appreciates far more than the Spotify numbers.

I'm pretty sure Morrissey would die for a headline like this -As You Were is the debut solo studio album by English singer and songwriter Liam Gallagher. It was released on 6 October 2017 by Warner Bros. Records.[3] A critical and commercial success, the album debuted at number one in the UK, outselling the rest of the top 10 of the UK Albums Chart combined and achieving gold certification in its first week. It has since been certified platinum in the UK. It also achieved the highest single-week vinyl sales in 20 years, with 16,000.[
Again a very insular view which we have seen from you forever on this forum. The world is bigger than the UK, and we were speaking about Spotify-numbers, and these are based on worldwide exposure and don't lie.

The aim is to go upward even if it's only by a few people. The opposite direction being a problem.

Again a very insular view which we have seen from you forever on this forum. The world is bigger than the UK, and we were speaking about Spotify-numbers, and these are based on worldwide exposure and don't lie.
His albums sell world wide and he tours worldwide. What do think Morrissey would prefer right now, Spotify listens or number 1 albums?

His albums sell world wide and he tours worldwide. What do think Morrissey would prefer right now, Spotify listens or number 1 albums?
He tours during this pandemic? That's news for me.
But please stick to the topic we are discussing. It can't be that hard.

He tours during this pandemic? That's news for me.
But please stick to the topic we are discussing. It can't be that hard.
Don't be silly Thewlis

I am keeping to the topic you raised - you said -

I said Liam Gallagher

Well, if you seriously think Liam's worldwide success is anywhere near that of Oasis you really need to get your head checked.
And I've shown you the numbers. 15 million monthly worldwide listeners for Oasis and 1,2 for Liam.

Well, if you seriously think Liam's worldwide success is anywhere near that of Oasis you really need to get your head checked.
And I've shown you the numbers. 15 million monthly worldwide listeners for Oasis and 1,2 for Liam.

I’ve never said that anywhere in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom