morrissey frink thread!

so you're quoting yourself? you're are Violet Payne, aren't you? or am I going mad? It was the picture of your lovely girl that gave me the idea of you being VP...

Yes, I am. That's the joke, my pretty. :D

OK, I am soothed. *licks wounds* That first photo? It might be my favorite photo of him. It's certainly in the top five.

This one has ruined many an evening for me as well:
hand22.jpg

omg me too! I have a very large soft spot for frilly shirts.. (and men who are brave enough to wear them)
*sighs*

I just wanted to vent some impotent rage. Someone I've known for a long time online (an older American woman) is married to a guy who enjoys hunting and takes the kids to go and randomly shoot things in the wild. He's just killed a black bear - from a platform in a tree - and has posted a load of photos online of the dead bear. It's a beautiful animal. He's not even going to eat the meat - they're going to stuff it and stand it up in the house like a massive, furry penis-substitute.

And all his friends are leaving comments like "oh, you the man, God bless America, blah blah blah". I want to leave some withering comment to rain on his parade, but I've known his wife for so long and I don't want to wreck our friendship. It's frustrating.

So...in short...I need some comfort frink.

I just wanted to vent some impotent rage. Someone I've known for a long time online (an older American woman) is married to a guy who enjoys hunting and takes the kids to go and randomly shoot things in the wild. He's just killed a black bear - from a platform in a tree - and has posted a load of photos online of the dead bear. It's a beautiful animal. He's not even going to eat the meat - they're going to stuff it and stand it up in the house like a massive, furry penis-substitute.

And all his friends are leaving comments like "oh, you the man, God bless America, blah blah blah". I want to leave some withering comment to rain on his parade, but I've known his wife for so long and I don't want to wreck our friendship. It's frustrating.

stick the link up and I'LL do it! (although i think you should do it yourself)
you must be more selective in your friends my dear, :(

Some of my fave 'comfort' frink...
index1.jpg

earstroker.jpg

mozhydepark.jpg

morrisseyEW.jpg

reading04lookup.jpg

I'm really sorry to read about your 'friends' situation Spyder... you need more than comfort frink and a rage vent - you need new friends.

Are you going to let the wife know how sickened and upset you are at the murderous acts of her husband. Are you going to explain to her how much of a loss you feel at the utterly needless death of a beautiful sentient being... this is just really sad. Even if it jeopardises your friendship, i'm sure you'd feel more true to yourself if you let them know how you feel.
I'm really sorry for you and for the bear and its family.
Sorry. x

I'm really sorry to read about your 'friends' situation Spyder... you need more than comfort frink and a rage vent - you need new friends.

Are you going to let the wife know how sickened and upset you are at the murderous acts of her husband. Are you going to explain to her how much of a loss you feel at the utterly needless death of a beautiful sentient being... this is just really sad. Even if it jeopardises your friendship, i'm sure you'd feel more true to yourself if you let them know how you feel.
I'm really sorry for you and for the bear and its family.
Sorry. x

I totally agree with nightie on this issue. I'm sure if you explain to her calmly (or as calmly as possible, as I'd find this utterly infuriating as well) how upsetting and barbaric you find her husband's bragging about the kill, she wouldn't mind if she really is a good friend of yours.

Some animal kindness from Mozzy, and comfort frink-

morrissey.jpg

bigmouth1.jpg

Morrissey-002.jpg

Thanks, everybody. It's weird - I've known her for years, and now suddenly I'm finding out what her husband gets up to. There's a picture of their son - who is twelve - proudly posing with a dead stag that he shot himself on a hunting trip with his dad. The son is a really nice boy - I've spoken to him before, and he's very young for his age and very eager to please - so it's really sad to see him getting into all this macho rubbish.

I think I'll have a word with her about it. It won't stop the husband shooting things, but at least I'll have said my bit.

(I don't have many friends. I'm classically bad at judging character, too. Ugh.)

Mozzy hugs all round.

mad2.gif

Spyderfyngers, I don't know if this brings you comfort but in Los Angeles yesterday, a young teenage bear wandered into a neighborhood and the parks service and fire department were called out to shoot it with a tranquilizer and provided tarps and cushion so it would fall safely...so not everyone is like your friends husband and somewhere a bear was rescued and reintroduced into the wild. :o I hate to hear about hunting trophys. :mad:

Thanks, everybody. It's weird - I've known her for years, and now suddenly I'm finding out what her husband gets up to. There's a picture of their son - who is twelve - proudly posing with a dead stag that he shot himself on a hunting trip with his dad. The son is a really nice boy - I've spoken to him before, and he's very young for his age and very eager to please - so it's really sad to see him getting into all this macho rubbish.

I think I'll have a word with her about it. It won't stop the husband shooting things, but at least I'll have said my bit.

(I don't have many friends. I'm classically bad at judging character, too. Ugh.)

Mozzy hugs all round.
Yeh, big, big Mozzy hugs to you Spyder. Kisses too!
My ex-Professor hunts and fishes - in Scotland!!! I didn't even know we had such barbaric folk here... i didn't know we could own guns here!! He's mentioned this to other PhD students but never to me - we just don't talk about it. He knows that i know, and i know he knows i know. He laughs at my veganness and cowardly, i go along with the laughter (making me sad inside). I wish i'd argued it out with him earlier.... seize you chance to reason with your friend Spyder, I'm sure you'll feel better! Good luck.

Spyderfyngers, I don't know if this brings you comfort but in Los Angeles yesterday, a young teenage bear wandered into a neighborhood and the parks service and fire department were called out to shoot it with a tranquilizer and provided tarps and cushion so it would fall safely...so not everyone is like your friends husband and somewhere a bear was rescued and reintroduced into the wild. :o I hate to hear about hunting trophys. :mad:

Sweet story CG.

Okay, I did it. She was proud of the kill, so... there we go.

I liked that news story, Crystal. Not everyone is horrid. :)

I'm so proud of you Spyder. You've got tenacity and have courage in your convictions. Even if you didn't get the outcome you were after, i'm sure you've made her consider the consequences of her/his actions a little more carefully.
Well done Spyder, bravo, i applaud you.:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom