morrissey frink thread!

There are people on this forum who think Ferrero rochers are not gross? Fair enough. No need to get your snickers in a twist, as the old flamboyant (sexist) Ferrero guy would say.

Is it my fault if he has shirts made of wrapping paper? Be prepared to dislike my post about his Vegas outfit...Made from the shiny green material they wrap Christmas trees in when they're no longer green...
That's, if he makes it to Vegas...

He'll be disappointed if we don't point and laugh you know...Wait, fashion designer R.Wiggum is busy cutting t.shirts for him- RALPH!! MIND THE SEQUINS!!

Monsieur, you are really spoiling us...

í'd peel it back and bite :yum:

Don't expect me to ask if you'd go straight for his nuts or anything like that.

I don't think Ferrero Rock has spoiled anybody recently. Although he could be getting his rocks off in Tel Aviv as we speak...Actually I bet he's there looking for chocolate with Jesse Tobias...Good for him!

Seeing this

on Twitter earlier reminded me of one of my favourite sets of pictures of The Smiths (minus Rick and Bruce).
Taken by Clare Muller, in London, 1983. Some were used on 8x10 promos.
I've always liked the playfulness of these photos and Morrissey looks absolutely pristine.

JohnnyMozClareMullerTree.jpg

Besides several variations of the boys in the bush and tree ( nature is a language etc... )

JohnnyMozClareMuller1.jpg

JohnnyMozClareMuller_2.jpg

JohnnyMozClareMuller_3.jpg

JohnnyMozClareMuller_4.jpg

JohnnyMozClareMuller_5.jpg

... we also have them hiding in the Rough Trade storage room.
This shot served as my desktop wallpaper for a long time ( until I replaced it with Morrissey off on the rails )

JohnnyMozClareMuller_6.jpg

Whispering, just very softly...
Amazing hair, amazing eyes and I really have a thing for Smiths Moz in a cosy jumper.

JohnnyMozClareMuller_7.jpg

Or maybe I'm just more fixated on soft and fluffy fabric than usual because I miss browsing through vintage clothing...

(Semi-)interesting sidenote: There's another early set that pictures the band hiding in a willow tree, but that's another story for another night... 🌙🌃

Last edited:
Seeing this

on Twitter earlier reminded me of one of my favourite sets of pictures of The Smiths (minus Rick and Bruce).
Taken by Clare Muller, in London, 1983. Some were used on 8x10 promos.
I've always liked the playfulness of these photos and Morrissey looks absolutely pristine.

View attachment 70269

Besides several variations of the boys in the bush and tree ( nature is a language etc... )

View attachment 70255

View attachment 70256

View attachment 70257

View attachment 70258

View attachment 70259

... we also have them hiding in the Rough Trade storage room.
This shot served as my desktop wallpaper for a long time ( until I replaced it with Morrissey off on the rails )

View attachment 70260

Whispering, just very softly...
Amazing hair, amazing eyes and I really have a thing for Smiths Moz in a cosy jumper.

View attachment 70261

Or maybe I'm just more fixated on soft and fluffy fabric than usual because I miss browsing through vintage clothing...

(Semi-)interesting sidenote: There's another early set that pictures the band hiding in a willow tree, but that's another story for another night... 🌙🌃

Supreme 'consultancy' work boss :thumb:

Supreme 'consultancy' work boss :thumb:

The question that kept me awake was:

Is the ring on Morrissey's hand in the tree monkey picture the same Johnny is wearing in the careless whisper shot?

JohnnyMozClareMuller_8.jpeg

Thanks, I'd never those tree pics, Johnny looks like a cross between a sloth and Roy Orbison.
It's a compliment.
Morrissey looks like a kitten tiptoeing around cardboard boxes, as :sleeping: usual.
Sure, he's decorative...But you'd die of boredom with that in a storage room...whereas with Johnny "Look I can do that with my head!" Marr, you just KNOW you're going to have a good time.

Thanks, I'd never those tree pics, Johnny looks like a cross between a sloth and Roy Orbison.
It's a compliment.
Morrissey looks like a kitten tiptoeing around cardboard boxes, as :sleeping: usual.
Sure, he's decorative...But you'd die of boredom with that in a storage room...whereas with Johnny "Look I can do that with my head!" Marr, you just KNOW you're going to have a good time.

LaughingGnome.jpg

Morrissey, with an explosive hot Triumph between his legs...

Morrissey Andrew Catlin Triumph contact 1986.jpg

~ contact by Andrew Catlin. 1986?

View attachment 70384

For some mysterious, slippery reason, í thought of John Fraser's delicious 2004 memoir "Close Up: An Actor Telling Tales", and his tale about Dirk Bogarde and his secret partner/manager Tony Forwood ~

"Bogarde, says Fraser, indicated to him that the physical side of his homosexual affair with his long-term companion, Tony Forwood, had ceased but that he dared not take casual lovers for fear of publicity.

Then the top British romantic screen star of the post-war era gave the younger actor a demonstration of the substitute he had found to turn him on: high-revving a static Harley-Davidson motorcycle in his loft while gazing at a poster of himself clad in crotch-hugging leather trousers as a Spanish bandit in the 1961 film The Singer Not the Song."

Dirk Bogarde leather trousers.jpg

"...Then, taking Fraser up to the loft, he said: "Let me show you something ... Isn't it magnificent?" There, on a plinth, was the Harley-Davidson.

Fraser writes that the star said: "This is my playroom," his voice thick with feeling. He climbed on, kick-started and rode for 10 minutes, "his expression like the rapture on the face of a medieval saint". Afterwards, he slumped over the handlebars. Dismounting, wiping sweat from his forehead, he said: "Now you know".

Tittle-tattle from a Tuscan tell-all, or The Truth?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2004/oct/02/books.film

"When Fraser and Bogarde were alone, he asked: "Do you and Tony still make love?" Bogarde, smiling, answered: "We've been together a long time. Now, we're like brothers."... :unsure:

View attachment 70384

1986 seems right for these shots, think it was the only time he wore his hair like this:

MorrisseyMotorcyclePoster.jpg

I'm wondering if these were taken at the same session (+added cardigan) or...?

SmashHitsYearBook1988.jpg

BlackShirt.jpg

BlackShirt2.jpg

The first one was used in the 1988 Smash Hits Yearbook, but there seems to be no photo credit...

126f6f3c51e52eec4c7822e356fc66f7.jpg

I believe all of these to be Catlin's work - he's quite active on IG, I might drop him a message...
Regards,
FWD.

I'm also not sure if these were taken at the same time/session? His hair looks more immaculate, and I feel like they might be from a later date? I'm not sure though.
This one features (or at least used to)
on Catlin's own homepage:

CatlinMorrisseyBlackShirt.jpg

Long sleeves here:

CatlinMorrisseyBlackShirt3.jpg

CatlinMorrisseyBlackShirt2.jpg

Last edited:

What is that delight he is consuming? Not so much a 99, more a 69? Designed & sold for two happy fatty lovers to enjoy together, but M. takes it all alone..? Or is Gelato just out of frame there...

Here's a teeny one that is a tiny variant, scrubbed clean of graffiti {a tour R0TT poster that í think í found the other day, in the FA} ~

Morrissey ice cream tour poster.jpg

Enjoy, whatever flavour takes your fancy. But not too much...

Morrissey Spencer lick.gif

Back
Top Bottom