morrissey frink thread!

What is that delight he is consuming? Not so much a 99, more a 69? Designed & sold for two happy fatty lovers to enjoy together, but M. takes it all alone..? Or is Gelato just out of frame there...

Here's a teeny one that is a tiny variant, scrubbed clean of graffiti {a tour R0TT poster that í think í found the other day, in the FA} ~

View attachment 70463

Enjoy, whatever flavour takes your fancy. But not too much...

View attachment 70464

That variant was also utilised on tour shirts, with added "yummy!" scrawl, which had been used in a similar way on shirts in 2002.

Yummy1.jpg

Yummy2.jpg

Cute. Seems like he has a real sweet tooth - you are what you eat?

Graffiti features quite prominently in many of those Lovino Ringleader promo shots, as it is an integral part of Rome's streetscape. The Modern Life Is War one reminds of these Cummins promo photos of Blur (yeah, again. Sorry).

Blur1.png
Blur2.jpg

And then there are these photos of Patti Smith by Lynn Goldsmith, fittingly created around Patti's Easter period. Pasolini et vie - sound familiar?

PattiSmithLynnGoldsmith1977 (1).jpg

f*** faschists.

PattiSmithLynnGoldsmith1977.jpg

Is it too far-fetched to suggest a possible connection between the lyric, the image and the medal she's wearing?
I've always been slightly perplexed about the medals in the Ringleader booklet.

hi_2006_ringleadercd_usdigipack_2.jpg

hi_2006_ringleadercd_us_2.jpg

I'm not sure if or where these photos were used at the time though, as they've only recently (2019) been published collectively in the mighty Before Easter After collection.

One final Tench Street beauty that í, shamefully, overlooked. From the Geoff Slee Archive jumble sale last year.

This was my heart's desire from that sale, but at the time í didn't have a tinker's thruppn'y bit to bid with, and the Lot of half a dozen proof shots from a universally shunned Moz LP, plus this Teller promo, sold for £400+...

View attachment 70073

Unseen in any form, by me, until that auction. Perhaps never used {no EMI / HMV logo or credit on the print?} But quite wonderful, í think.

"Aw, how come, it's always just around the bend...?"

I once found -by accident- what appeared to be Peter Hogg's Pinterest account (via a Google search gone wrong (or right?)) and this was the profile picture:

MorrisseyPeterHoggTowerTheaterPhiladelphia1991.jpeg

Morrissey played the Tower Theater in Philadelphia, PA on 7 July 1991.

TowerTheater.jpg

Last edited:
I once found -by accident- what appeared to be Peter Hogg's Pinterest account (via a Google search gone wrong (or right?)) and this was the profile picture:

View attachment 70604

Morrissey played the Tower Theater in Philadelphia, PA on 7 July 1991.

View attachment 70605

í once found ~ entirely deliberately ~ Peter Pig's Facebook account and he is a big Bowie boy, so quite sure the Tower snap would have kissed two birds with one stone {being the site of the "David Live" LP recording ~ or The Official Death of Ziggy, as Bowie later put it}

He would also occasionally post old '80s snaps, that were somewhat more-ish...

Pete Hogg 80s Bowie.jpg

Pete Hogg 80s.jpg

Wearing some Dead or Alive apparel from '85.

Wearing some Dead or Alive apparel from '85.

Coincidentally, that's how I found the Pinterest profile - looking for any info on Peter&Pete. He had one board with a couple of pictures of Pete that came up in the results. No Morrissey content besides the profile pic though.

Obvious, í know; but Pope Frank couldn't resist this Frink ~

Morrissey mirror Glasgow September 1985 (i).jpg

Morrissey mirror Glasgow September 1985 (ii).jpg

Morrissey mirror Glasgow September 1985 (iii).jpg

This could have been the opening frames of a really cracking "Jackie" photo love story. Or a teen horror flick...

A delightful double denim delinquent that randomly found me recently...

DenimDelight.jpg

Peek-a-belly
🙈🙊😻

He suits double denim.

Always has.

He also looks like he's sneezing and might tip over any moment but I didn't notice that at first because I was distracted.

For The Smiths' sake, let's pretend Morrissey isn't the only ridiculously cute babe in this picture...

20210411_044654.jpg

Back
Top Bottom