Morrissey included in list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article (update: now removed)

Morrissey is included in a list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article about a different singer than I've never heard of.

Has Morrissey said anything specifically about vaccines?

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...08-10/joseph-arthur-vaccine-anti-vaxxer-covid
or here:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/celebrated-singer-songwriter-famous-fans-120045435.html

The article reads, "By going public with his anti-vaccination position, Arthur has aligned himself with a small group of like-minded musicians, including Eric Clapton, Morrissey, M.I.A. and Van Morrison."

Where are Morrissey's comments about the vaccine?

Update:
The article has subsequently been edited to read:

" For the record:

3:46 p.m. Aug. 11, 2021
An earlier version of this article included Morrissey in a list of musicians who have gone public on anti-vaccination views. Although Morrissey has made negative statements about the pandemic, he hasn’t actually come out against the vaccine."

Last edited:
But who’s doing the funding? Most have a political agenda, especially those with the big money.
Vaccine funding was global. Conservative and liberal governments alike all put their money in. If this was some liberal conspiracy why did Israel who started getting vaccinated under the very conservative Netanyahu lead the way in vaccine per capital globally?

Not everything is a conspiracy.

People all over the US in conservative states have hospitals over-flowing with unvaccinated patients with the Delta variant.

At no point in my life has there ever been hospital overflows or when covid first hit and hospital morgues were so full that they were storing bodies in refrigerated tucks in the street.

You don't need statistics or money or politics to see that this is a very problematic virus. When it first came out it was very problematic to the elderly. It is now very problematic to the unvaccinated. Healthy people are dying because prayer doesn't work. Standing behind all of Trumps lies doesn't work. Believing conservative radio hosts doesn't work. The vaccine, which has risks, works best.

Screenshot_20210811-213355~2.png

You'd think if Morrissey had the views attributed to him in this article he'd have a problem with this perhaps!?
FWD.

Vaccine funding was global. Conservative and liberal governments alike all put their money in. If this was some liberal conspiracy why did Israel who started getting vaccinated under the very conservative Netanyahu lead the way in vaccine per capital globally?

Not everything is a conspiracy.
Yeah, I never thought or brought up the notion of conspiracy.
People all over the US in conservative states have hospitals over-flowing with unvaccinated patients with the Delta variant.

Yes, I don’t know why the vaccinated are being told that they don’t need to wear masks, they are the ones spreading the virus.

At no point in my life has there ever been hospital overflows or when covid first hit and hospital morgues were so full that they were storing bodies in refrigerated tucks in the street.

You don't need statistics or money or politics to see that this is a very problematic virus. When it first came out it was very problematic to the elderly. It is now very problematic to the unvaccinated. Healthy people are dying because prayer doesn't work. Standing behind all of Trumps lies doesn't work. Believing conservative radio hosts doesn't work. The vaccine, which has risks, works best.

Agree,but I was saying that in general, science, for studies,etc are funded by government or organizations that have their own political bend, so science does have to play the game to whatever extent in getting money.

Absolutely not, as a human of a certain age I’d anticipate he wouldn’t give two hoots.

An anti-vaxxer would give many hoots, that's what makes them an anti-vaxxer.

Even if he hates the vaccines, if he keeps his opinion private & isn't campaigning about it, then he's not in that group.

An anti-vaxxer would give many hoots, that's what makes them an anti-vaxxer.

Even if he hates the vaccines, if he keeps his opinion private & isn't campaigning about it, then he's not in that group.
I agree, this should be a thread about poor journalism, shouldn’t it?

Hi ... I'm the writer of the LA Times story on Joseph Arthur who wrongly added Moz to the list of anti-vaxxers. As many Morrissey fans have pointed out, he has never spoken out against the vaccine and the LA Times has corrected the story. The error isn't in the print version. Here's the correction:

"An earlier version of this article included Morrissey in a list of musicians who have gone public on anti-vaccination views. Although Morrissey has made negative statements about the pandemic, he hasn't actually come out against the vaccine."

It was a lazy mistake, and heaven knows that I'm miserable now.

Hi ... I'm the writer of the LA Times story on Joseph Arthur who wrongly added Moz to the list of anti-vaxxers. As many Morrissey fans have pointed out, he has never spoken out against the vaccine and the LA Times has corrected the story. The error isn't in the print version. Here's the correction:

"An earlier version of this article included Morrissey in a list of musicians who have gone public on anti-vaccination views. Although Morrissey has made negative statements about the pandemic, he hasn't actually come out against the vaccine."

It was a lazy mistake, and heaven knows that I'm miserable now.
Well, supposing this is true, you deserve a congratulation. And lots of love for your honesty.

i am sure that Morrissey's mother vaccinated M with all available vaccines in her childhood. M is right about some things about covid 19, but vaccination is the only thing there is to prevent infection or reduce mortality from this virus, If his position is anti-vaccines he is very wrong, he is not ignorant, only the ignorant can be against vaccines, medical evidence indicates the efficacy of vaccination to prevent or lessen diseases. I would feel very sad if I listened to Moz declare itself anti-vaccines ... it is true that the interests of the laboratories take advantage of all this, but the disease exists and the millions of deaths are real. Moz did not openly declare himself anti-vaccines, but there were several publications in Central that sowed doubts, and those things in Central hurt his career.

:sudor frío::sudor frío::sudor frío::(:inseguro::inseguro::inseguro::(:(:Rodar los ojos::Rodar los ojos:
First of all it's a vaccine in name only. What it really should be referred to as is a "Therapeutic". One can still get infected with Covid while vaccinated albeit endure less severe symptoms but they are still contagious regardless.

I just wonder how many people would've gotten vaccinated if they were told that. I have to assume most if not all thought they were immune to Covid once jabbed, or twice jabbed to be more accurate. As far as doubt goes one should doubt everything until evidence that refutes said doubt changes your mind. Doubt is good. We need more of it, not less.

Morrrissey's Convid comment in my estimation was that we are being conned about the efficacy of how we are dealing with Covid re lockdowns. Who is actually being counted as dying from Covid or dying with Covid? Comorbidites never get spoken about on the news. No one is talking about any negative effects of shutting down civilisation re mental health, suicides, etc...

If the main symptom of Covid was that it rendered you motionless trapping you in your home while leaving you penniless we'd be trying to find a way to render those symptoms obsolete.

Why ‘negative’ ?

I don't know how it is in the other EU countries, but in Germany there are currently a large number of vaccine refusers, which means that herd immunity cannot be achieved. Nevertheless, these people would like to have all basic rights and refer to the constitution. They can currently achieve the same rights if they get tested "free of charge" on a daily basis. As of 11 October, these tests are no longer free and cost real money. This is the consequence of such people refusing the vaccination offer and thus burdening the solidarity contribution.
I have no sympathy for artists like Van Morrisson who speak of a dictatorship and paternalism by the government and see themselves (take Clapton f.e.) as "rebels". What the hell! All that came from Morrissey in this regard was latent dissatisfaction with the measures and the circumstances. Correct me if I'm remembering wrongly, that he was symbolically snorting into his audience in Leeds or London 2020. Also the Vegas announcement, spoke proudly of no hygienic precautions needing to be taken. To me, it speaks of a mature artist when he says "people go vaccinate" on stage.
You make some valid points but this "herd immunity" is a pipe dream until they come up with an actual sterilising vaccine of which these are not. They do not stop you from being infected with Covid and add to that if you get Covid and recover you can get it again so where does that leave the herd? Yes once you have Covid if you get it again it will be less severe but Covid is here to stay until the perfect vaccine is created.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom