Morrissey interview, 2 songs on 3 News - New Zealand TV

Re: Morrissey interview and song on NZ TV

What is the logic behind the royal family threatening the nurse? :straightface: Seriously. The damage was done, what would the royal family gain by contacting her and threatening her? Have her commit suicide and make Kate feel even more shame that a travesty surrounded her hospital visit that would cause MORE stress and possibly miscarry the heir to the throne? Don't you think she committed suicide because she was shamed by the press that she fell for a shit queen accent and fake barking corgis? Aren't they the true instigators? It's the press we should be tar and feathering, not the dumdum royals. WE HATE THE NIGHT NEWS AT EIGHT.

Exactly this. The British media are so biased towards the royal family that any perceived slight or offence against them gets shouted from the rooftops, so the knowledge alone of how much shit she'd get for believing the prank could have contributed towards her suicide. After that there'd have been no reason for threats from the royal family; the damage had already been done.

What he said about Kate was right was it? What part? In hospital for absolutely no reason as far as he can see. How far can he see? Is he magic?

Morning sickness is a condition that does not exist. It is known as nausea and vomiting in pregnancy. In its mild form it is unpleasant and uncomfortable to have. In its extreme form it is known as hyperemesis gravidarum. Unless treatment for it is received it can kill women and babies and sometimes even with treatment it does result in the loss of the unborn child. It is utter hell to live through. It can affect sufferers so strongly that even speaking can cause uncontrollable vomiting. I don't call that nothing. And in this case I know more about it than Morrissey. Oh and the reason he is saying it........ because it gets attention. Pure and simple.

Regardless of your politics, Morrissey is talking utter crap about Kate Middleton's condition. I also doubt whether he is in any position to know for certain what Kate feels about the nurse's suicide. If he is, then he must have closer contacts with the royals than he professes. I doubt this. You may love Morrissey, you may love his music, you may agree with his politics but in this he has missed the mark.

I agree with this too. I love Morrissey and agree wholeheartedly with most of his opinions on issues to do with the monarchy (a bit of royal-bashing is a hobby of mine too :p), but in this case he is, for the most part, talking out of his arse.

Last edited:
I finally watched the interview, in full. I thought it was great. The way it had been described by people I assumed it was gonna be more of his hyperbolic stuttering headline-grabbing PR bullshit. BUT...no.

I think that for once he got an interview with someone intelligent and who does not interrupt him and who actually asks real questions; not the typical braindead journalist reading questions off a script. And, in my opinion anyway, that context really lit a fire where Morrissey's responses were concerned; not his typical non-answers and innuendo and obvious boredom.

Morrissey was topnotch in this interview, the best he's given in years...lucid, hard hitting, direct, anarchic...brilliant. He definitely earned some points back with me.

How could you be so cruel?

You're the only person on this thread that has made any sense whatsoever. The rest of you can keep babbling.

- marred.

How could you be so cruel? #

LOL! tHIS one IS 4 'dead girl'. i PRESSED BUTTON! merry xmans everybody! sharon mccormick - suckretary to BrummieBoy

IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME, DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I'M PAINFULLY SHY, DO NOT DRAW ATTENTION TO ME. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:(:mad::tears:

Last edited:
I watched the entire interview, and thought it was very good. Morrissey seemed on top of his game and forthcoming in replies. His views on the Royals remain unfettered. And anything less would not be Morrissey. The Royals are outdated and do need to retire. But they will never willingly do so. Born into an easy life on the taxpayers backs. Who would give that up, willingly? But just because it has always been this way does not make it right. To put up with it generation after generation, though, does say something of the nonroyals. Fill in your own answers. The (not so) grand history of the monarchy remains, forever, in written form, and in the great buildings that dot the landscape. These won't be forgotten, but the Royals need not be actually present. I highly doubt even a majority vote by the people will get them out. And that is if a vote ever came to fruition, which it never would, as the proposition team would all be rushed away in the middle of the night and never heard from again. So, I find Morrissey bang on. Oh, and the topic of how litigation should be handled concerning such a proposition and an eventual vote is entirely another 10Tb of memory on someone's lap(top). It would take a rise-up by the people to get the Royals to retire, and that would not be met with much diplomacy.

My only complaint is that the interview was not long enough. How great would it be to do multiple-day short interviews? Morrissey would either get even more relaxed, or slowly get more terse and moody. The last few minutes of this interview looked akin to an animal preparing to bolt. Oh restless one, how becoming you are when you begin to fidget.

Is anyone here aware of Bobby Fischer's behavior late(r) in life?

It seems remarkable similar to me...

Once he had nothing left (or, at least, a lot less) to fixate on (in an area where he was a genius), his obsessive energy became relentlessly directed towards slandering and hating Jewish people.

It was, supposedly, nearly impossible to get him to stop talking about it.

Now that Morrissey's songwriting /muse appears to be (or is almost completely) drying up, he is engaging in very similar behavior...

Anyone else see the similarity?

Bobby Fischer also died (relatively) young at some point in his later years...and wondering if Moz will suffer the same fate.

Or can he ever get "it" back again?

Anyone have any thoughts in this area?

It only hurts because it's true...

Once he had nothing left (or, at least, a lot less) to fixate on (in an area where he was a genius), his obsessive energy became relentlessly directed towards slandering and hating Jewish people.

Now that Morrissey's songwriting /muse appears to be (or is almost completely) drying up, he is engaging in very similar behavior...

Bobby Fischer also died (relatively) young at some point in his later years...and wondering if Moz will suffer the same fate.

I'm with you on one point. Bobby Fischer definitetly did die in his later years.

'Kate Middleton was in the hospital, as far as I could see, for absolutely no reason'. Since when has Steven been a Doctor or a midwife?

'She feels no shame about the death of this woman' Since when has Steven been on speaking terms with Kate?

'he was ‘sure’ that Clarence House had ‘put maximum pressure on this poor receptionist and nurse’. Why would they do that Steven? What sources do you have? Could you contact the family as i am sure they would like to have access to this information.

‘It wasn’t because of two DJs in Australia that this woman took her own life.’ no, but....they did the call.

She used one note to 'criticise hospital over her treatment', sources say & Mother-of-two also described her struggle to come to terms with the hoax....so the hoax, press and the hospital are too 'blame'.

Its a shame that Steven is given the platform to express such idiotic statements. Obviously he just used it for attention and to have a bash at the royals, he quite the bore now a days, no wonder he can't get a record deal. The royal family are quite easy to ignore but he uses them to gain controversy from his statements and get his name once again in the press. He feels no shame for useing this woman's suicide for his own agenda.

tumblr_ln5l6hPH2i1qcxtqo.gif

Last edited:

Morrissey is going to get so much crap if the British papers pick this one up.
They did, and he has. This is an example from a BBC message board:

'What's staggering is that anybody listens to this overrated idiot. Apart from fools like him, there is no suggestion at all from anybody that the Royals are to blame.

He also says, talking about Kate: "[She] was in the hospital, as far as I could see, for absolutely no reason,". What an arrogant arse. Since when does a washed up, has been, and never any good male singer like him, know anything about extreme morning sickness?'

I doubt Morrissey has forwarded the cause of republicanism in the UK by one jot. In fact, I reckon he has put it back.

They did, and he has. This is an example from a BBC message board:

'What's staggering is that anybody listens to this overrated idiot. Apart from fools like him, there is no suggestion at all from anybody that the Royals are to blame.

He also says, talking about Kate: "[She] was in the hospital, as far as I could see, for absolutely no reason,". What an arrogant arse. Since when does a washed up, has been, and never any good male singer like him, know anything about extreme morning sickness?'

I doubt Morrissey has forwarded the cause of republicanism in the UK by one jot. In fact, I reckon he has put it back.

How can he be a has-been and washed up if he was never good to begin with?

You need to pick an insult and place your bets. Just saying random different shitty things only makes you look like (even more of) an ass.

'Kate Middleton was in the hospital, as far as I could see, for absolutely no reason'. Since when has Steven been a Doctor or a midwife?

'She feels no shame about the death of this woman' Since when has Steven been on speaking terms with Kate?

'he was ‘sure’ that Clarence House had ‘put maximum pressure on this poor receptionist and nurse’. Why would they do that Steven? What sources do you have? Could you contact the family as i am sure they would like to have access to this information.

‘It wasn’t because of two DJs in Australia that this woman took her own life.’ no, but....they did the call.

She used one note to 'criticise hospital over her treatment', sources say & Mother-of-two also described her struggle to come to terms with the hoax....so the hoax, press and the hospital are too 'blame'.

Its a shame that Steven is given the platform to express such idiotic statements. Obviously he just used it for attention and to have a bash at the royals, he quite the bore now a days no wonder he can't get a record deal. The royal family are quite easy to ignore but he uses them to gain controversy from his statements and his name once again in the press. He feels no shame for uses this woman's suicide for his own agenda.

tumblr_ln5l6hPH2i1qcxtqo.gif

gif of the year goes to: Cornelius Blaze.

Last edited:

Last edited:
i agre with morrisy what he has said about the so called royals is absolutely correcct

Enjoyed this. Morrissey is real in a PR'd-to-death world.
You Have Killed Me sounded very good, Paris just OK.
Weird moment at the end of the YHKM clip. What does he say, "Night night"??

the name of the program he is featuring on is "NightLine"......and THAT is the word(s) he is saying at the end of the song.

Midnite: I have been reading Morrissey-Solo for many years now; sometimes comment here & there but there is something I found odd w you. I really do not understand why you write posts & delete the whole them (in 99% of your posts). You've said you enjoy a drink or 3; do you drunk post?? Do you do this for attention?? Are you scared of the drama you may cause?? Would you rather not deal with said drama?? I AM NOT by any means having a go at you. I tend to find your posts/comments interesting (to say the least)! I am just confused when lately I see you comment something along the lines of: 'just wrote a whole essay, but have deleted it' or get the "..... Edited by Midnite"

As I stated; I am NOT having a go at you/nor am I a troll/nor am I looking for drama (although everyone has their own view).
-Am curious, tis all. :)

IMHO, you should just leave your posts on here, or think before you speak (comment in this case) because as I've stated, there are people (not speaking on behalf of soloers, just ppl whom I live with) who enjoy reading what you've to say (whether they agree or not is another story! :p) . What good is having your say and then deleting it (for whatever reason you may have)? It just makes you look like an whiny attention seeker (for lack of better wordage! &once again this is MY honest opinion)!

I am sorry if I offended you in any way shape or form Midnite; I have to *reiterate* that it is *not* my intention. I've waffled on enough so I'd best end it here!

Cheers!
-Liam James

(Come back on, yes im back! and deleted and replaced the whole post, its irrelevant who I was on a previous forum and the complete nite mare I became for the trolls who bully people therein! that was then this is now! :)

Will start afresh with a new reply in a few mins )

Last edited:
Midnite: I have been reading Morrissey-Solo for many years now; sometimes comment here & there but there is something I found odd w you. I really do not understand why you write posts & delete the whole them (in 99% of your posts). You've said you enjoy a drink or 3; do you drunk post?? Do you do this for attention?? Are you scared of the drama you may cause?? Would you rather not deal with said drama?? I AM NOT by any means having a go at you. I tend to find your posts/comments interesting (to say the least)! I am just confused when lately I see you comment something along the lines of: 'just wrote a whole essay, but have deleted it' or get the "..... Edited by Midnite"

As I stated; I am NOT having a go at you/nor am I a troll/nor am I looking for drama (although everyone has their own view).
-Am curious, tis all. :)

IMHO, you should just leave your posts on here, or think before you speak (comment in this case) because as I've stated, there are people (not speaking on behalf of soloers, just ppl whom I live with) who enjoy reading what you've to say (whether they agree or not is another story! :p) . What good is having your say and then deleting it (for whatever reason you may have)? It just makes you look like an whiny attention seeker (for lack of better wordage! &once again this is MY honest opinion)!

I am sorry if I offended you in any way shape or form Midnite; I have to *reiterate* that it is *not* my intention. I've waffled on enough so I'd best end it here!

Cheers!
-Liam James

Hello Liam!

Sorry 4 not responding earlier, I only just now noticed your post eariler on this morning! dunno how I missed it!

Thanks 4 your kind words about my posts, Im really glad u and some others back there find them interesting 2 read! thanks ! :)

I was actually about 2 delete everything id ever wrote on this forum - the lot! as felt a bit of an outsider! but I dont see any real reason 2 delete it all now !

In fact id "unofficially" left the forum, but im back again now! :)

I actually came here 4 a reason, but so far Ive failed, but theres still time!

I wouldnt be 2 concerned about me being "scared" of causing any drama in what I post, im not adverse nor shy of controversy! (and if you knew me on the last forum I was on u would know what I mean by that! )

No I dont normally post on internet forums half sloshed on drink ! Not any more anyways LOL, :) I dont tend 2 get "drunk" anymore these days , I refuse 2 !
The nitemare of having 2 kneck 2 littlers of cider every nite which i done for years has all but dissapeared now thank goodness!!! :)

I just have 1 or 2 little glasses of wine each nite as way of a little nite cap 2 help me sleep ! :)

Think any of my edited or deleted posts were done so for a reason, perhaps I revealed 2 much of myself and my inner chaotic feelings and emotions ect in such posts! dunno but felt they had 2 go!!!!
Was probably the write thing 2 do, as its not really possible 2 do anything "wrong" in ones life, everything you do is part of your destiny and you were meant 2 do it ! :)

(Edited / deleted the last part of this post, went completly off topic!)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom