Morrissey interview in FasterLouder - "Cakes, Brexit and country music"

Cakes, Brexit, and country music: We chat with Morrissey - FasterLouder
by Lachlan Kanoniuk
21 October 2016

...As he touches down in Australia, we sent Morrissey a range of questions. He dutifully responded. Enjoy.

Excerpt:

Not to frivolously conflate mortality and artistry – but do you see yourself as a survivor, both in health and as a musician with a long career?
I think it’s already happened if anyone took the trouble to chart my personal journey since The Smiths ended. But few do. Factually, I would trade the entire Smiths catalogue for World Peace Is None Of Your Business, but it’s also true that you are continually seen as however you were when you first appeared. That’s life. That’s death!

I am continually dismayed by his UKIP tendencies. "As for Brexit, the result was magnificent". Well it's a f***ing good job you don't have to live with the falling exchange rates, companies leaving in their droves, a huge rise in racial attacks and years more of uncertainty. Tit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moz's interviews since 2010 have been redundant, lacking of wit and just plain boring. What happened? I used to hang on every word he said but now I read them and am bored witless. What happened to this charming and witty man?

Is it really a shock he prefer's songs he wrote 2 years ago over songs written 30 years ago, i mean WPINOYB probably has more meaning to him now than a lot of The Smiths songs.

Have to agree. The smiths music is phenomenal but his solo music is still very good and he's got to have more in common with his songs today than when he was that young. I mean musically the smiths craft is almost untouchable but lyrics wise, and I mean the meaning of the words and not there poetic style though he still retains a lot of poetic style, some of his solo music means more to me than some smiths songs do these days. I remember being young but I'm not young anymore pining for those I can't have and you grow out of feeling like half a person. Funny songs are still amusing as hell but time moves on and we grow older with new issues and new politics to deal with. At the end of the day I'll take the positive perspective and thank god that I can have both

Moz's interviews since 2010 have been redundant, lacking of wit and just plain boring. What happened? I used to hang on every word he said but now I read them and am bored witless. What happened to this charming and witty man?

I think he proved himself beyond the point of caring anymore and doesn't feel much desire to communicate with people outside of his music anymore or perhaps in person. He seems like a man who doesn't care about appearing witty and isn't making much effort to be charming. It happens when you get old. Sometimes I think of him as the grumpy old man who doesn't bother to comb his hair before he goes outside

How did this website get an interview (albeit an email questionnaire interview) after their scathing review of "World Peace."

I mean, I actually think the review of the album isn't scathing enough, but I also wouldn't have the balls to ask Morrissey for an interview afterwards, either.

Last edited:
We never heard a 4kin peep out of him in the run up to Brexit so he can go an 4ck spiders on that issue as far as I'm concerned !
Vegan my arse ! I don't think he actually knows the difference between vegans and vegetarians :crazy:.
Cakes ! L O L, we know what kind, he looks like a cheesecake these days.
Smiths back catalogue v Tour Cheese is None of Your Business ! :rolleyes::laughing:
Thought he may have touched on the subject of Humadieseluality but I guess that's still a touchy one for him.

Never mind ! Hey people ! All aboard the Marr train:guitar: woo woo !
On the Marr train ! Have a nice day :guitar: woo woo !
Set the Boy Free by Johnny Marr available in all good bookstores and online November, make sure you're on board (unless you're a bot bot :cool: )

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife::jackolantern:

Very informative (as usual)
Troll bastard redundo bitch

Sorry, this deserved a second post in the same thread..

"Factually, I would trade the entire Smiths catalogue for World Peace Is None Of Your Business."

As a diehard fan who has put up with a lot of shit for being a fan of the Smiths/Morrissey since the mid-'80s (both from assholes and Morrissey), I have never been so disappointed in my life.

When the artist stops caring, so do their biggest fans. Bye Moz -- we had a good run. Thanks for all the times you were the greatest.

When the artist stops caring, so do their biggest fans. Bye Moz -- we had a good run. Thanks for all the times you were the greatest.

see ya ! :thumb:

How did this website get an interview (albeit an email questionnaire interview) after thier scathing review of "World Peace."

I mean, I actually think the review of the album isn't scathing enough, but I also wouldn't have the balls to ask Morrissey for an interview afterwards, either.

"Buy tickets for the show"

"Factually, I would trade the entire Smiths catalogue for World Peace Is None Of Your Business."

As a diehard fan who has put up with a lot of shit for being a fan of the Smiths/Morrissey since the mid-'80s (both from assholes and Morrissey), I have never been so disappointed in my life.

"Please don't put your life in the hands of a rock'n'roll star, who'll throw it all away."

Where were you in 1984?

Depends on when exactly you mean...
Mondays to Fridays at school usually, weekends out with friends, listening to music from really great bands such as The Smiths, New Order, The Cure, P.I.L., The Banshees and several others, and generally messing about without a care in the world. In other words, living the life of a typical teenager back then, I was 14.

I believe him though. Artists live with there work in different ways than fans do. Same way Neil young thinks his new album is his best

I completely agree; I think that all artists, musicians, writers, singers, actors think that their most recent work is their best because it speaks to what's currently important to them. The problem is that the audience may not always agree because they have an emotional attachment to the work that first attracted them to that particular person.

I love WPINOYB because it seems to have an outwardly reflective view of the world rather than Morrissey's usual more introspective content. I admire him for striving for growth and diversity as a lyricist, but I could never give up my Smiths collection. Luckily, I can have both, I can have both.

Personally, I have affection for every record from the first to the last, which is why I still hold him in the highest regard. There have been a lot of other song writers who have captured my attention, but none have been as consistently relevant to me as Morrissey.

lynnda

I completely agree; I think that all artists, musicians, writers, singers, actors think that their most recent work is their best because it speaks to what's currently important to them. The problem is that the audience may not always agree because they have an emotional attachment to the work that first attracted them to that particular person.

I love WPINOYB because it seems to have an outwardly reflective view of the world rather than Morrissey's usual more introspective content. I admire him for striving for growth and diversity as a lyricist, but I could never give up my Smiths collection. Luckily, I can have both, I can have both.

Personally, I have affection for every record from the first to the last, which is why I still hold him in the highest regard. There have been a lot of other song writers who have captured my attention, but none have been as consistently relevant to me as Morrissey.

lynnda

I have an attachment, as you put it, to every single record Morrissey has put out, not just the early ones.
However, even though I am generally objective when it comes to this sort of thing, to say that WPINOYB is better than anything The Smiths recorded, let alone ALL of it, is quite simply ridiculous.
And a lie.

Sounds like someone wants to be mayor of Malibu. Maybe Steve can say he is a third cousin of a Kennedy like his third cousin who plays for the LA Kickball team.

"I would trade the entire Smiths catalogue for World Peace Is None Of Your Business"

So glad he can't actually do that... don't think Johnny would approve of that trade.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom