Morrissey isn't running for Mayor of London after all - Mirror Online

Current poll votes on Mirror article:

"Would you have voted for Morrissey?"

No: 40%
What difference does it make?: 40%
Yes: 20%

So, if 10 people in a 10 million city voted on this poll (likely) that means 4 for No, 4 for 'whatevs' and 2 for Yay! In case anyone struggles with Maths. Or Math.

Whilst I agree their debut album is the strongest, I would not go as far as calling the other 3 shite, there are plenty good songs within them.
A strong debut album followed by ever diminishing returns is unfortunately something I have noticed in 'new' bands over the last 10/15 years.
Here are a few examples:

The Strokes
Arctic Monkeys
Courteeners
Anna Calvi
Chapel Club
Twisted Wheel
Two Door Cinema Club
Franz Ferdinand
The Maccabees
The Bravery

Don't think Arctic Monkeys should be included in that list.

Don't think Arctic Monkeys should be included in that list.

It's a list of bands I happen to believe have never quite managed to record a second or subsequent album that lived up to the expectations set by their debut.
This is highly subjective of course, one person's opinion, many will disagree and that's ok.
Arctic Monkeys have released good albums since their debut, but none quite as good as that glorious debut.
So have the Courteeners, Maccabees and some of the others in my opinion, whereas some follow up albums were just downright stinkers, Chapel Club anyone?
Again, just opinions...

f*** off , you are just an ignorant bully. Do you also torture animals? Psst , guess what? He doesn't care what you think. If you said something of intellect...

Have you calmed down now ? After taking advice from a PC HR consultant I was advised to take a step back and go easy on you as I could be liable for pushing you over the edge.
Let's hug and continue when your in a better place.

Love you hun ! Mwa Mwa XXX

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Morrissey thought he was, idiot. He was 'seriously considering it' until his advisers told him his ex-pat Tax Status would be up for grabs in the debate. Plus he didn't get the signatures and thought someone else would pay the fee to join the race. Who knew? LOL! BtheBB is right, he was just using the plight of animals to try and drum up some publicity but nobody cares anymore. He could set fire to himself on Oxford Street and all people would do is foam him down and roll their eyes. Once you're Beclowned, the only way is down. Or Stand-Up Comic. He should try that. Like Madonna tried. And failed.

- - - Updated - - -

Celine doesn't think so. 'Hello' is the song of the epoch. People will be singing it in a 1000 years. Nobody will ever forget Adele but they've already forgotten Morrissey, if they ever even heard of him in the first place. He trading his life for a chance at Fame. And failed. Bowie made sure nobody can follow him. Morrissey is totally toast because of Adele's life and Bowie's death. And that is perfect karma.

Seriously??????

Adelle? Celine? Hello?????? The stupidiest song....

How can you downgrade from The Smiths and Morrissey to this kind of music? Is it the food or the water of your place?

Last edited by a moderator:
Celine is wonderful. It would be good to hear Morrissey's version of this. I guess he'll get to it like the rest of us did, but not for a decade more. He's finally got Rap. So now he'll maybe realise that Epic Film Ballads were/are Serious Art. And there's the whole Irish in cattle class sub-text to this song/film. Both film and song are an amazing artistic achievement. Why am I not surprised that Trollissey's ugly troll 'fans' are silly snobs? *rollseyes* I bet Moz's mom watches this every Xmas day.. And I bet he does too. Pretty Boy DiCaprio. He has a 9 inch dick.....allegedly....Anyone want to place a bet on either Morrissey's Xmas movie viewing or the size of L's cock?....or the size of M's todger?....those in the know know....LOL!

If he had a 9 inch dick she would have let him share the door.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously??????

Adelle? Celine? Hello?????? The stupidiest song....

How can you downgrade from The Smiths and Morrissey to this kind of music? Is it the food or the water of your place?

You are a silly snob. Just like Morrissey is an inveterate snob. His desperate attempt to foist 'hidden' artists onto the world as evidence of music business conspiracies which excuse his career failure is just pathetic. The People are not stupid. They hear Celine and Adele and feel their sincerity. When they hear Morrissey they hear artifice and 'kerching!'. That's why he's now largely ignored other than as a fascinating troll.

- - - Updated - - -

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

- - - Updated - - -

:thumb:

- - - Updated - - -

:sick:

"BrummieBoy! Please, please, please notice me!"
You're noticed. Now f*** off.

- - - Updated - - -

agree wit dat. laughable indeed. her husky voice is obnoxious, and her music can only hope to appeal to people with the most bland emotions and pedestrian of lives.

If that was the case then the anodyne prisoner of 5* prison hotels called Morrissey would be her biggest fan. He probably is. In secret. When he's not got The Mask Of Morrissey on to keep his fans feeding him £$ for his 'superior taste than mere mortals' schtick.

Well it's probably for the best that Stupid Steven isn't going for London mayor the more we hear how stupid and stubborn he's been running his financial affairs or should that be NOT running them L O L ! " I never received any of the paperwork, honest ! " How many times do you think the High Court Enforcement Officers have heard that old chestnut ?
Its all very crystal now why Steve has been tour whoring the planet with the same old same old songs and plastic lawnmower spare parts. Basically he has run out of options, Mike Joyce is in total control of Steven 24/7 so in reality Mike Joyce would have been in the running for London mayor !
How funny is all this ? (Falls over laughing)
Brummie Boy is spot on Steven is a clown now, and a bloody good one as well he's got me laughing tears. My laughter level at the moment is best described in the Laurel and Hardy scene when Stan is in hysterics being chased around the bedroom by the landlady.
Keep it Stevo Crankyo ! R O F L !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom