Morrissey Live at Madison Square Garden, July 15, 2015 (full concert, 59:56) posted by Sam Esty Rayn

Last edited:
Amateur footage of Steven performing at the Meat Square Garden.
Laugh out very loud as he performs meat is murder, whilst serving up sushi and burgers.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

A concert that runs for less than an hour isn't a concert. It's a mild distraction.

A concert that runs for less than an hour isn't a concert. It's a mild distraction.

The actual start to finish time was 1 hr 38 min.

This video is not complete. Five songs - Kick The Bride Down The Aisle through Meat Is Murder - are missing.

Last edited:
This is no better, and in fact- WORSE at many points than some of the amateur crowd-shot footage that pops up on youtube after most shows.

You can really feel the chemistry between the band members during the "behind the scenes" footage. LOL

This video is not complete. Five songs - Kick The Bride Down The Aisle through Meat Is Murder - are missing.

...which more or less cuts out the the period of the show in which Morrissey completely lost the audience, with one of the worst-flowing setlists he could have possibly assembled for an arena show with 15,000 people in attendance.

Here is my previous analysis, as posted on the MSG recap thread:

Here is the place in the set where Morrissey lost 70% of the audience:

Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores /

Of songs played in 2014/2015, these four could have been:

First of the Gang to Die / You Have Killed Me / Stop Me if You Think That You've Heard This One Before / Disappointed or Certain People I Know

The result? A better and more appropriate set for the setting he was in. And he could still play his precious MIM with the horror video accompaniment, if he must.

Last edited:
David... I think it's time to start kicking people off this site. There's such a thing as fair judgment and critique... But there is just too much nonsense on this site, now...and it's been going on for too long. The shear idiocy of people who come to this site, rail against Morrissey, and then when Morrissey is defended, the idiots attempt to mock the defenders with such genius as "Of course YOU would defend your royal saint Mozzer-meat," or other. This is what makes up the majority of the posts these days. There really isn't a fine line between valid critique and stupidity...the difference between the two is fairly obvious. So, as a longtime visitor to this site, you have my vote to use your qualified discretion to begin kicking people off this site and block them forever. Thank you for your time... -dewdrop

This video looks excellent, the quality is way better than "some of the amateur crowd-shot footage that pops up on youtube after most shows." Dewdrop - agree with you 100%. Something needs to be done on here, every thread is now hijacked by the usual morons who infest the place.

David... I think it's time to start kicking people off this site. There's such a thing as fair judgment and critique... But there is just too much nonsense on this site, now...and it's been going on for too long. The shear idiocy of people who come to this site, rail against Morrissey, and then when Morrissey is defended, the idiots attempt to mock the defenders with such genius as "Of course YOU would defend your royal saint Mozzer-meat," or other. This is what makes up the majority of the posts these days. There really isn't a fine line between valid critique and stupidity...the difference between the two is fairly obvious. So, as a longtime visitor to this site, you have my vote to use your qualified discretion to begin kicking people off this site and block them forever. Thank you for your time... -dewdrop

You can kiss my arse !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Sheer, dear. Sheer.

How is DavidT to know who you wish banished?
There's nothing on this thread to justify any censorship, other than to upbraid you for going off-topic.

best
GOBB

Sheer, dear. Sheer.

How is DavidT to know who you wish banished?
There's nothing on this thread to justify any censorship, other than to upbraid you for going off-topic.

best
GOBB

you need to be banned immediately for being f***ing boring.

Thanks, dewdrop. Finally, someone with common sense.

Thanks, too, to doc, for informing the others who weren't at that show that it ran 90+ minutes long (like they've been running for this entire tour) in actuality and not...what was it?...a "mild distraction."

I enjoyed the video. I'm happy to lay eyes on events that I would never be able to witness otherwise and I appreciate Sam giving us access to those bits.

This video looks excellent, the quality is way better than "some of the amateur crowd-shot footage that pops up on youtube after most shows." Dewdrop - agree with you 100%. Something needs to be done on here, every thread is now hijacked by the usual morons who infest the place.

Agreed, I just finished watching it and the way it was filmed transmits the feeling of being there very well indeed.
This is how we tend to see Moz when we are near the front.
Yes, there is plenty of footage shot by people in the audience available on youtube, but nothing is ever as clear or steady as this.
I see it as a halfway house between a pro-shot film and an amateur fan video.
Sam, if you happen to be reading, thank you for sharing.

Seriously. IP banhammer of the gods. Or if some notion of free speech or hands off management is the party line, at least disable anonymous posting so they can still say whatever they like and the rest of us can filter them out and otherwise enjoy the site. It's easy enough for anyone who has anything to say to start an account. Let these braying donkeys sign up and then shout into a void, or at least into an asylum full of their willing fellow nutcases.

These people have dug a busy latrine in your front yard, DavidT, unless they're all you and this is revenge for being targeted. Why do you let them continue? Every single post is guaranteed to be chock full of the same flavor of endless frothing crazy that has transcended trollism at this point to become obsession of the genuine mental illness variety. It's nuts on its own but on a fansite? How is it even a fansite when these people are its primary flavor? I think there's plenty of room for critical discussion of any given thing in Morrissey world, the man or the music, but you know this other stuff is just deranged. Sane users become reluctant to click into any comment thread because we know how much of the same nasty, broken-record, loopy crazy vitriol we will have to sift through to get to the actual content and discussion with fellow fans.

This is really the only place on the internet to stay current with Morrissey and interact with other fans, this site dedicated to a guy the permanent trolls flay daily in this bizarre vendetta. There isn't a better recipe to drive people away from this site than to leave these kooks running loose to spray piss everywhere. Anyone who comes here starts on a countdown clock to leaving in weary disgust because of these people, or this person with a quiver of sockpuppets. Please please please let us get rid of anonymous posting. Could morrissey-solo be sane again?

Thought the footage was good, lucky nephew to be able to have such unlimited access to Morrissey shows..if it was me, I would invest in a better quality camera and brush up a tad on my filming techniques and put together an amazing doc of this tour. All in all tho I enjoyed this footage, thank you Sam

Ugh. It grosses me out to watch Jesse play guitar. He makes these ridiculous sex faces while playing. Gawd, I'd kill to have Alain back. When Vauxhall and I was released, Jessie had long, greasy hippy hair and played guitar for Alanis Morissette (not even in the same realm as Moz) . The Red Hot Chilli Peppers (also cringe worthy) fired him after a month too. I dunno if he blows Moz from time to time, or if Moz and Boz would rather stick with the talentless hack they know rather than the talentless hack they don't know.

I always thought of Morrissey & Smiths as being quintessentially English. It broke my heart when Americans and now even Mexicans are in the band.

Not saying there's anything wrong with the way Morrissey looks but I'd love to see him sport a big beard and crop his hair short. Start pairing his baggy jeans with fitted tee shirts instead of too-small blazers. I think he should go with a more grizzled look to match his I-Don't-Give-A-Shit-What-You-Think attitude. More Bear than Humasexual.

Oh- totally forgot why I started commenting in the first place- this video is way better than I expected. The sound's good and the crowd seem really into it. The stage backdrops are iffy at best- especially the Royal stuff- and the banter wasn't great but, musically, thumbs up!

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom