Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY LOVES ‘SHOPLIFTERS OF THE WORLD’ FILM" (March 29, 2021)

The Man from Morrissey...he say Yes! (y)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/morrissey-loves

"I laughed, I cried, I ate my own head.

The Smiths' past still sounds like today's frustrations and tomorrow's liberations."

~ Morrissey, March 2021.

image_xu7tzm.png

Related item:

Morrissey is a very vulnerable person much more vulnerable than people think. Morrissey has never worked in politics but I believe he is entitled to his political views.

Morrissey comes from a working-class background in the North of England and is from a broken home. Those things alone mean he comes from a deprived background. The first Victorian home his family lived in, in Manchester was demolished by the local Manchester council. They actually demolished the whole street all those beautiful Victorian properties just gone like that. All that history just gone. I think it was some sort of social housing so it was owned by the council.

People don't understand depression, anxiety and mental illness because they can't see it. It is a "hidden disability" like autism is. The mental health services are very stretched due to years of underfunding. The mental health services were actually better in the 1990s than they are today. Autism spectrum disorders are another "hidden disability".

Another thing they attack Morrissey for is his sexuality. Morrissey grew up in an era when there wasn't the LGBTQ+ movement it didn't exist. The 1950s, 1960s and 1970s were a very different world to what we now live in.

We don't know Morrissey's reasons for supporting this film or if he was pressured into supporting it? We don't know the full extent of the abuse Morrissey has suffered in his life.

Morrissey didn't go to university or do A-levels. Maybe Mark Kermode looks down on Morrissey because Mark knows he is well educated to university level and is from a privileged background.

I don't like Piers Morgan because he seems to hate Morrissey. At the same time I don't understand why Sharon Osbourne lost her job for supporting her friend Piers Morgan? Look what happened to Alex Belfield he used to work for the BBC.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

If I booked Moz for anything I'd always have an understudy or Plan B.

If we're talking connections I think Moz may be something of a scapegoat for their own guilts. Ian Stuart got about.

And I know this infuriates some people - but 1992 Morrissey was not heterosexual & was an Irish Republican. He wouldn't have got in The National Front.

They were too lightweight for Ulster but it was the Loyalists they were courting.
Who is Ian Stuart? To be honest that name sounds Scottish.

Morrissey is from Manchester, England. He wasn't born in Ireland he was born in Manchester. I get what you are saying though that Morrissey has Irish heritage and he looks sort of Irish the blue eyes, dark hair and fair skin. Morrissey doesn't have a strong Mancunian accent but he is from Manchester.

Morrissey's family are from the Republic of Ireland from the Dublin area and are Roman Catholic. They aren't Northern Irish and were not part of the troubles.

Why would Morrissey want anything to do with the National Front or the BNP far right fascist types? You are right fascists don't like gay or bisexual people. I grew up in the 1980s I remember 'skinhead' type thugs the gay bashers. There were football hooligans as well.

Morrissey isn't right-wing or left-wing why do people have to be one thing or the other? I don't like either extreme.

Morrissey has made his feelings about the British Royal family clear. I guess some in the British Labour Party don't support the British Royal family. Roman Catholics in Northern Ireland don't support the British Royal family.

If you go back further there used to be signs in England saying no coloured, no Irish, no dogs and sometimes even no children. People have changed this now saying no blacks but actually they used the word coloured back then. Those signs did actually exist.

I remember there was some prejudice about Irish people because of the IRA but the IRA are not active anymore. The prejudice was more focused on Northern Ireland not on the Republic of Ireland. If you remember the British army used to be in Northern Ireland.

Fascists don't like disabled people and that would include "hidden disabilities" mental illness and autism. They don't like Jewish people. Morrissey is a big supporter of Israel and I am as well. Fascists only like people to be straight sexually. They like blonde people who they call the Aryan race or something like that.

I don't think the National Front or the BNP exist anymore. I could be wrong though.

Morrissey was very outspoken about Margaret Thatcher in the 1980s. Margaret Thatcher didn't seem to care about the North of England.

I'm English but I have Irish and Scottish heritage. It is quite common for English people to have some Irish heritage ancestry.

Morrissey is from Manchester, England. He wasn't born in Ireland he was born in Manchester. I get what you are saying though that Morrissey has Irish heritage and he looks sort of Irish the blue eyes, dark hair and fair skin. Morrissey doesn't have a strong Mancunian accent but he is from Manchester.

Morrissey's family are from the Republic of Ireland from the Dublin area and are Roman Catholic. They aren't Northern Irish and were not part of the troubles.

Why would Morrissey want anything to do with the National Front or the BNP far right fascist types? You are right fascists don't like gay or bisexual people. I grew up in the 1980s I remember 'skinhead' type thugs the gay bashers. There were football hooligans as well.

Morrissey isn't right-wing or left-wing why do people have to be one thing or the other? I don't like either extreme.

Morrissey has made his feelings about the British Royal family clear. I guess some in the British Labour Party don't support the British Royal family. Roman Catholics in Northern Ireland don't support the British Royal family.

If you go back further there used to be signs in England saying no coloured, no Irish, no dogs and sometimes even no children. People have changed this now saying no blacks but actually they used the word coloured back then. Those signs did actually exist.

I remember there was some prejudice about Irish people because of the IRA but the IRA are not active anymore. The prejudice was more focused on Northern Ireland not on the Republic of Ireland. If you remember the British army used to be in Northern Ireland.

Fascists don't like disabled people and that would include "hidden disabilities" mental illness and autism. They don't like Jewish people. Morrissey is a big supporter of Israel and I am as well. Fascists only like people to be straight sexually. They like blonde people who they call the Aryan race or something like that.

I don't think the National Front or the BNP exist anymore. I could be wrong though.

Morrissey was very outspoken about Margaret Thatcher in the 1980s. Margaret Thatcher didn't seem to care about the North of England.

I'm English but I have Irish and Scottish heritage. It is quite common for English people to have some Irish heritage ancestry.

Ian Stuart was the lead singer of Skrewdriver, an Oi band that became neo-Nazi. It's well before my time, so I've been researching it. He did have Scottish heritage.

The Troubles didn't just impact Northern Ireland - it mattered in Dublin.

I don't think Morrissey thinks of himself as left or right - but most of his concerns & beliefs belong on the left & it needs to be said because if the industry believes he's far right his career would be over & because I think it misrepresents him & his work in way that stops his audience finding him.

Why don't you think we care about racism? You think we are all white? We are not. Racism directly affects us. That's very white-centric of you, Karen.

I think you don't care because Morrissey haters have made racist posts, liked racist posts, show no interest in the dynamics of racism or the politics of anti-racism & like racists.

Ian Stuart was the lead singer of Skrewdriver, an Oi band that became neo-Nazi. It's well before my time, so I've been researching it. He did have Scottish heritage.

The Troubles didn't just impact Northern Ireland - it mattered in Dublin.

I don't think Morrissey thinks of himself as left or right - but most of his concerns & beliefs belong on the left & it needs to be said because if the industry believes he's far right his career would be over & because I think it misrepresents him & his work in way that stops his audience finding him.
I think you misunderstood what I said. What I meant was I don't think Morrissey's family were directly involved with the The Troubles or with the IRA? I might be wrong though.

Morrissey grew up in Manchester, England. Yes, of course The Troubles had an impact on the Republic of Ireland and in Dublin not just Northern Ireland. In a sense they had an impact on the whole of Britain and beyond. The British army used to be in Northern Ireland.

Morrissey's parents where from the Dublin area in the Republic of Ireland and they were Roman Catholic. The Republic of Ireland used to be quite poor but they got funding from the European Union.

I grew up in London in the 1980s. I remember the IRA bomb attacks and bomb threats in London. I don't think the IRA are active in London anymore at least I never hear about them in the media anymore. I lived in Manchester for 3 years. There was a big IRA bomb in Manchester city centre.

I don't like Neo-Nazis, the far-right and fascists. I don't like Communism either.

I think you misunderstood what I said. What I meant was I don't think Morrissey's family were directly involved with the The Troubles or with the IRA? I might be wrong though.

Morrissey grew up in Manchester, England. Yes, of course The Troubles had an impact on the Republic of Ireland and in Dublin not just Northern Ireland. In a sense they had an impact on the whole of Britain and beyond. The British army used to be in Northern Ireland.

Morrissey's parents where from the Dublin area in the Republic of Ireland and they were Roman Catholic. The Republic of Ireland used to be quite poor but they got funding from the European Union.

I grew up in London in the 1980s. I remember the IRA bomb attacks and bomb threats in London. I don't think the IRA are active in London anymore at least I never hear about them in the media anymore. I lived in Manchester for 3 years. There was a big IRA bomb in Manchester city centre.

I don't like Neo-Nazis, the far-right and fascists. I don't like Communism either.

Ah, I get you.

I was raised by Communists, so I have an affection for it. It can be grim.

I reckon notice how California Son likes an American B film and how he hated the Brittish B film "england is mine" and how his California Sister threatened to sue the makers of "england is mine"? When will you jealous delusional sociopaths finally get it? You are being duped with all the Ana Maria Farger Walters bullshit that California Son knows nothing about and warm winter days outdoors in LA, but I love watching California Son shit on you m8 fark arse chipper curry inn nn n n nn n nn n n n n nn it.
Your posts are like soliloquies of truth and honesty. I wish as an Anon I could block all posters except for you. I have only been on this site since all the bullshit and disrespect from the foreign people here after the California Mom's death. I still can't believe that California Son had to set up an Airbnb flower house in England somewhere so all the wacko stalkers would not converge on Moz Angeles and try to find her house in Malibu or the old house in the San Fernando Valley.

It is amazing how California Son can still dupe people with all that lonely, cold rainy day, hates everything and everyone crap he feeds these people when he is chomping on veggie pizza in West Hollywood or potato taquitos at Los Panchos then going to shoot hoops or lay out in the sun and work on his tan on Malibu or at the Sunset Marquis. Don't these insane delusional fantasy people know that California Son was born in Moz Angeles...they can't figure it out after all these years?

I reckon California Son was born in the San Fernando Valley. I reckon there is a reason why he calls himself the f***ING CALIFORNIA SON!, not the Manchester Son or England Son...get it?

I reckon you foreigners need to stop calling the Brit occupation of the Republic of Ireland "the troubles". Real Irish people who were smart like California Son's parents left the Republic and immigrated to places like Moz Angeles and other cities in California and became rich and successful not like all the dumbshits who settled in places like New Youraaaawk, Cheecaaawgo, and Camden, New Jersey. The only thing Irish about the California Son is his strict Roman Catholic belief. Wake up c*** tit twat fark arse centre colour chipper curry inn n nn nnn n n n n nnn n nn it.

I reckon California Son was born in the San Fernando Valley. I reckon there is a reason why he calls himself the f***ING CALIFORNIA SON!, not the Manchester Son or England Son...get it?

I reckon you foreigners need to stop calling the Brit occupation of the Republic of Ireland "the troubles". Real Irish people who were smart like California Son's parents left the Republic and immigrated to places like Moz Angeles and other cities in California and became rich and successful not like all the dumbshits who settled in places like New Youraaaawk, Cheecaaawgo, and Camden, New Jersey. The only thing Irish about the California Son is his strict Roman Catholic belief. Wake up c*** tit twat fark arse centre colour chipper curry inn n nn nnn n n n n nnn n nn it.
The Troubles are also called the Northern Ireland conflict. The Troubles were in Northern Ireland not in the Republic of Ireland. Northern Ireland is still part of Great Britain. Ireland is quite a small country but there is a "partition" in Ireland which divides the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. I personally would like to see the partition gone and Ireland united again. The conflict is both political and religious with Roman Catholics wanting Northern Ireland to be a Republic and part of the rest of Ireland and getting rid of the partition. The Protestants want Northern Ireland to remain part of Great Britain they want to keep the "Union" with Great Britain and they support the British Royal family. The reason why the British wanted to keep Northern Ireland was because at the time Northern Ireland was the wealthy part of Ireland. Do you know about the Good Friday agreement?

I have been to the Republic of Ireland and to Dublin but I have never been to Northern Ireland. Ireland is a great country! I can't speak Irish Gaelic though.

Maybe it doesn't matter where Morrissey is from. A lot of people feel their identity is important to them though and ancestry research is becoming more popular these days.

Irish and Scottish people emigrated to the USA and also to Canada. Some went to Australia and New Zealand. They would of gone on ships over the sea in those days. The new world might of seemed appealing to make a new life and there were potato famines in Ireland.

Irish people have also come to England and Scotland for work. I don't know the reason why Morrissey's parents moved to the industrial Northern city of Manchester, England maybe it was to find work and the hope of a better life? Manchester is a pretty rough and tough city. I lived in Manchester for 3 years and traumatic things happened. There is an Irish community in the great city of Liverpool which is quite near to Manchester.

Morrissey went to the USA and I believe to California as a child because he has family there. He went there for holidays and breaks he didn't live there at that point. Morrissey has since had homes in LA and Malibu in California. California is a great place I have been there. I have also been to New York and the Deep South. I love America's Deep South.

There is a place in London called Camden. Morrissey sang a song about it. London is my hometown. Many Irish and Scottish people have come to London over the years. Morrissey lived in London for a while.

I can understand why you love California the weather is amazing there and people are very warm and friendly. Morrissey has lived in Paris, Rome, London and Switzerland. I heard he has homes in Switzerland, Dublin, Ireland and Cheshire which is near to Manchester. Cheshire is a pretty posh county close to Manchester. Cheshire reminds me a bit of Surrey which is quite a posh county close to London.

When I think of California and LA I think of Michael Jackson and the Jackson family and all the stars. There is so much music come from America and also the movie and entertainment industry. Do you know much about the gold rush in America? I love the USA.

Roman Catholics are all over the world not just in Ireland. In fact Catholicism is the largest of all the Christian denominations! I'm not a Catholic I was brought up Church of England (Anglican) what Americans call "Episcopalian" or the Episcopal Church. It was like a break off of the Roman Catholic Church. I'm now a born-again, Bible-believing Christian. Morrissey is a Roman Catholic but he also has an interest in Hinduism and the New Age. I'm not sure how strict he is about his faith.

Possibly more apt here, but link added to main media thread too:

‘Shoplifters of the World’ Pays a Homage to The Smiths, But Can’t Erase the Morrissey of It All

Like many, The Smiths helped me form my identity as a kid, and it’s probably why I was so annoying for most of my adolescence. I had the posters; I have the tattoo to commemorate my love of the band, and a friendship forged because of a mutual love for The Smiths; I’ve written about The Smiths and Morrissey, and their place of worship within the Mexican American community, of which I am part of; and I’ve discussed the betrayal of a hero letting you down, and their fans doing so too. Shoplifters shows the strength and devotion of the fandom, in all its embarrassing intensity. In fact, I’d say it’s unabashedly corny— the cheese is so high you’d need a lifetime supply of Lactaid to get through it. I cringed each time a character inserted Smiths lyrics into their flamboyantly melancholic conversations or rolled their eyes at the dreariness of their hometown.

FWD.

Possibly more apt here, but link added to main media thread too:

‘Shoplifters of the World’ Pays a Homage to The Smiths, But Can’t Erase the Morrissey of It All

Like many, The Smiths helped me form my identity as a kid, and it’s probably why I was so annoying for most of my adolescence. I had the posters; I have the tattoo to commemorate my love of the band, and a friendship forged because of a mutual love for The Smiths; I’ve written about The Smiths and Morrissey, and their place of worship within the Mexican American community, of which I am part of; and I’ve discussed the betrayal of a hero letting you down, and their fans doing so too. Shoplifters shows the strength and devotion of the fandom, in all its embarrassing intensity. In fact, I’d say it’s unabashedly corny— the cheese is so high you’d need a lifetime supply of Lactaid to get through it. I cringed each time a character inserted Smiths lyrics into their flamboyantly melancholic conversations or rolled their eyes at the dreariness of their hometown.

FWD.

God, Vice is terrible.

In fact, I’d say it’s unabashedly corny— the cheese is so high

Oops: Seems Morrissey the strict vegan is high on cheese.

I didn't know Danny (Baker) had said anything about Morrissey - makes it more poignant 🙄 that he got sacked for racism.
Hi Nerak,

This is something that Ratty (Simon Wratten) wrote on his Blog called "Following the Mozziah":

"In other, other news, the comedian, Freddie Starr is dead, and the outspoken and VERY self-obsessed, Danny Baker; who has never been particularly kind about Morrissey, has been sacked by the BBC for a supposed racist tweet - he posted a picture of a posh looking chimp in a suit, and tweeted, "Royal baby leaves hospital." If that is racism, then I'm a dutchman, but I shall lose no sleep for Baker." See link:

http://followingthemozziah.blogspot.com/2019/05/friday-may-10th-2019-day-2794-lister.html

Hi Nerak,

This is something that Ratty (Simon Wratten) wrote on his Blog called "Following the Mozziah":

"In other, other news, the comedian, Freddie Starr is dead, and the outspoken and VERY self-obsessed, Danny Baker; who has never been particularly kind about Morrissey, has been sacked by the BBC for a supposed racist tweet - he posted a picture of a posh looking chimp in a suit, and tweeted, "Royal baby leaves hospital." If that is racism, then I'm a dutchman, but I shall lose no sleep for Baker." See link:

http://followingthemozziah.blogspot.com/2019/05/friday-may-10th-2019-day-2794-lister.html

Storms in teacups, I suppose.

Tags
shoplifters movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom