Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY LOVES ‘SHOPLIFTERS OF THE WORLD’ FILM" (March 29, 2021)

The Man from Morrissey...he say Yes! (y)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/morrissey-loves

"I laughed, I cried, I ate my own head.

The Smiths' past still sounds like today's frustrations and tomorrow's liberations."

~ Morrissey, March 2021.

image_xu7tzm.png

Related item:

Mark Kermode used to be a Morrissey fan. Mark Kermode works for the BBC. I guess it would be hard to work for the BBC and be a Morrissey fan in this currant climate. Mark Kermode wants to keep his job he doesn't want to be cancelled. Mark Kermode comes from quite a privileged background. There is a mainstream narrative that people have to stick to. If you go away from that line of thinking it becomes "wrong think" so you need to be kept in line or are cancelled. Look at what happened to Sharon Osbourne for supporting her friend Piers Morgan. Piers Morgan sounds posh the way he talks and he is a wealthy guy but he actually comes from quite an ordinary background. Mark Kermode actually comes from a more privileged background.
Shut up you fool.

Summarised - "Man says something that's counter to Morrissey's position, therefore I don't like that man and his opinions"

Do you even have a mind of your own?

The film's bad, Morrissey's bad? Is that how shallow Kermode is? Oh, well...
And you appear to be taking the position "Kermode disagrees with Morrissey's assessment, therefore Kermode's bad"

How about you think for yourself once in a while?

Last edited:
Mark Kermode used to be a Morrissey fan. Mark Kermode works for the BBC. I guess it would be hard to work for the BBC and be a Morrissey fan in this currant climate. Mark Kermode wants to keep his job he doesn't want to be cancelled. Mark Kermode comes from quite a privileged background. There is a mainstream narrative that people have to stick to. If you go away from that line of thinking it becomes "wrong think" so you need to be kept in line or are cancelled. Look at what happened to Sharon Osbourne for supporting her friend Piers Morgan. Piers Morgan sounds posh the way he talks and he is a wealthy guy but he actually comes from quite an ordinary background. Mark Kermode actually comes from a more privileged background.

I was thinking something similar.

They're picking on someone vulnerable to look virtuous & in the end - once Moz's life story gets properly explored - they'll look like posh boy sh*ts - the very thing they're trying to avoid.

Since Marr also approved of the script, does that mean it's also the film Marr deserves?

Well, exactly - Kermode is mad at Morrissey & so everyone involved or adjacent to that film has to suffer too.

Pretty nasty & yet he thinks he's nice.

Did you see David Quantick has been quietly praising & defending Julie Burchill?!? I knew she wasn't an outcast but I didn't think they'd put it in public since she's said FAR worse things than Morrissey & they act like he's Hitler. 🧐

Did you see David Quantick has been quietly praising & defending Julie Burchill?!? I knew she wasn't an outcast but I didn't think they'd put it in public since she's said FAR worse things than Morrissey & they act like he's Hitler. 🧐

I haven't, but what else is new? 🙄

I was thinking something similar.

They're picking on someone vulnerable to look virtuous & in the end - once Moz's life story gets properly explored - they'll look like posh boy sh*ts - the very thing they're trying to avoid.
Morrissey is a very vulnerable person much more vulnerable than people think. Morrissey has never worked in politics but I believe he is entitled to his political views.

Morrissey comes from a working-class background in the North of England and is from a broken home. Those things alone mean he comes from a deprived background. The first Victorian home his family lived in, in Manchester was demolished by the local Manchester council. They actually demolished the whole street all those beautiful Victorian properties just gone like that. All that history just gone. I think it was some sort of social housing so it was owned by the council.

People don't understand depression, anxiety and mental illness because they can't see it. It is a "hidden disability" like autism is. The mental health services are very stretched due to years of underfunding. The mental health services were actually better in the 1990s than they are today. Autism spectrum disorders are another "hidden disability".

Another thing they attack Morrissey for is his sexuality. Morrissey grew up in an era when there wasn't the LGBTQ+ movement it didn't exist. The 1950s, 1960s and 1970s were a very different world to what we now live in.

We don't know Morrissey's reasons for supporting this film or if he was pressured into supporting it? We don't know the full extent of the abuse Morrissey has suffered in his life.

Morrissey didn't go to university or do A-levels. Maybe Mark Kermode looks down on Morrissey because Mark knows he is well educated to university level and is from a privileged background.

I don't like Piers Morgan because he seems to hate Morrissey. At the same time I don't understand why Sharon Osbourne lost her job for supporting her friend Piers Morgan? Look what happened to Alex Belfield he used to work for the BBC.

I took my dog to the park yesterday but had to leave as the ducks kept on biting him. Understandable really, he is pure bred.

I'm here all week.
I have the same problem. I get chased by swans a lot.

Morrissey is a very vulnerable person much more vulnerable than people think. Morrissey has never worked in politics but I believe he is entitled to his political views.

Morrissey comes from a working-class background in the North of England and is from a broken home. Those things alone mean he comes from a deprived background. The first Victorian home his family lived in, in Manchester was demolished by the local Manchester council. They actually demolished the whole street all those beautiful Victorian properties just gone like that. All that history just gone. I think it was some sort of social housing so it was owned by the council.

People don't understand depression, anxiety and mental illness because they can't see it. It is a "hidden disability" like autism is. The mental health services are very stretched due to years of underfunding. The mental health services were actually better in the 1990s than they are today. Autism spectrum disorders are another "hidden disability".

Another thing they attack Morrissey for is his sexuality. Morrissey grew up in an era when there wasn't the LGBTQ+ movement it didn't exist. The 1950s, 1960s and 1970s were a very different world to what we now live in.

We don't know Morrissey's reasons for supporting this film or if he was pressured into supporting it? We don't know the full extent of the abuse Morrissey has suffered in his life.

Morrissey didn't go to university or do A-levels. Maybe Mark Kermode looks down on Morrissey because Mark knows he is well educated to university level and is from a privileged background.

I don't like Piers Morgan because he seems to hate Morrissey. At the same time I don't understand why Sharon Osbourne lost her job for supporting her friend Piers Morgan? Look what happened to Alex Belfield he used to work for the BBC.

I strongly agree with the hidden disability stuff - he does quite clearly have some struggles, he's talked enough about it to give the media a clue & yet they hammer him for not saying things in a way they think is acceptable.

I strongly agree with the hidden disability stuff - he does quite clearly have some struggles, he's talked enough about it to give the media a clue & yet they hammer him for not saying things in a way they think is acceptable.
I hope you realise this poster is a wind up merchant 🤭🤭🤭

I don't know what other Smiths fans expected. I didn't expect much, so I'm not frustrated. Apart from the music, ever so great, the film is in keeping with most of the regular independent flicks. Not so good, not so bad.

I like to think I can guess why Morrissey laughed, cried, and ate his own head. It must have stirred so many memories of his youth, his time in the band and the influence they've had in so many people's lives. All this viewed from the perpective of a mature man/artist who has "seen many shores...".

The moment How Soon Is Now started, I cried.

"Loves"?

:unsure:
"I laughed, I cried, I ate my own head" is what my patients say when they find passing stool difficult.

Ha ha! Now who wants a digestive.

In "Morrissey Code for Ninnies" it says that

" The Smiths' past still sounds like today's frustrations and tomorrow's liberations."

means

"S.O.S I'm held hostage by my decerebrated employees (my own fault, I know): they drug me and make me watch films about me so I can't think. Send help ASAP. Shit, the morose Mexican is coming back with the syringe."

And you appear to be taking the position "Kermode disagrees with Morrissey's assessment, therefore Kermode's bad"

You mean like you do, you awful embarrassment of a man? You don’t have a single original thought in your head. Whenever someone criticize Moz, you immediately agree. And whenever someone praises or defends Moz, you call them an idiot. Pot, meet kettle. Oh, and by the way: stop devoting your life to a pop star you don’t like. Don’t you have a family?

No, Skinny - I was taking the position that if Kermode thinks Morrissey is guilty of the things he's been accused of then a fluffy bad film is hardly what he deserves.

It had zero to do with Morrissey liking or not liking the film.

No, Skinny - I was taking the position that if Kermode thinks Morrissey is guilty of the things he's been accused of then a fluffy bad film is hardly what he deserves.

It had zero to do with Morrissey liking or not liking the film.

Wot Unkle Chuckles means is 'How about you think exactly the same as me, once and for all time...?'

Ah, Mark Kermode, ex-Revolutionary Communist Group disciple turned Church of England pew-warmer. Marky Marx must feel like the Good Old Days Are Here Again, what with all the non-personing back in vogue. And always beware of the zealot spurned {sound familiar..?}.

And No, Unk, í've loathed the unctious cretin all the way since he stated that "My Own Private Idaho" {1991} was "a dog of a film" {í believe he meant that in the pejorative sense?}. No coming back from that one. His worshipping of Moz then was a chronic embarrassment to me. The fact that he then went on to murder "Suedehead" with his skiffle posse live on the Danny Baker telly show { peak '90s horror scene} was icing on my cake. And finding out later that he went to the same Herts private boy's school as various top actors and comedians, well....the story is old, but it goes on.

Wot Unkle Chuckles means is 'How about you think exactly the same as me, once and for all time...?'

Ah, Mark Kermode, ex-Revolutionary Communist Group disciple turned Church of England pew-warmer. Marky Marx must feel like the Good Old Days Are Here Again, what with all the non-personing back in vogue. And always beware of the zealot spurned {sound familiar..?}.

And No, Unk, í've loathed the unctious cretin all the way since he stated that "My Own Private Idaho" {1991} was "a dog of a film" {í believe he meant that in the pejorative sense?}. No coming back from that one. His worshipping of Moz then was a chronic embarrassment to me. The fact that he then went on to murder "Suedehead" with his skiffle posse live on the Danny Baker telly show { peak '90s horror scene} was icing on my cake. And finding out later that he went to the same Herts private boy's school as various top actors and comedians, well....the story is old, but it goes on.

You've just made up a whole narrative to suit your need.

I'm showing up the rank hypocrisy of those who simply rail against someone who has the temerity to hold an opposing view as the singer they like, while at the same time exhibiting the exact same behaviour themselves.

And you've gone off on one again, attacking the man not the ball. Get a new shtick.

Tags
shoplifters movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom