Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY NEW ALBUM" (May 30, 2021)

Morrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU
10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest)
bidder.

unnamed_xrljaa.jpg

artwork by Liam Lynch
photograph by Jean Messenger

Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place.

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
Media items:

I wish he'd hire Alf - his retro aesthetic is perfect.

While I love his artwork too, I don't understand why all the mockups I've seen follow the Smiths' aesthetic by using classic photographs, when every Morrissey album (with the exception of the awful original LIHS and that Southpaw Grammar accident that he immediately regretted) had his portrait on the cover. (Besides practical reasons like the lack of new pictures, but that didn't stop Camp Moz from using old pictures of him for the last three records + compilation.)

While I love his artwork too, I don't understand why all the mockups I've seen follow the Smiths' aesthetic by using classic photographs, when every Morrissey album (with the exception of the awful original LIHS) had his portrait on the cover.
Yes, I just don't get why they can't use this lovely photo full bleed and then put some vaguely tasteful typeface over the top of it - job done. As it stands, it looks like something a technologically challenged teenager would put on Instagram after 5 minutes of work.

Things could be worse I guess :)

Screenshot_20210601-073105~4.png

(Although it is an odd coincidence that Lynch knocked up something that looks not dissimilar to Sam's previous efforts & skill level)

FWD.

Yes, I just don't get why they can't use this lovely photo full bleed and then put some vaguely tasteful typeface over the top of it - job done. As it stands, it looks like something a technologically challenged teenager would put on Instagram after 5 minutes of work.
Bookie - its because you actually care about how it looks...

If Moz would only leave it in our hands on Solo; he couldn't do much worse!

I suppose there's a reason for it that only he or Liam Lynch know. Probably something to do with not taking the most obvious route etc.

I really didn't like the sleeves for California Son and IANADOAC and still don't, to the point where I don't enjoy putting them up on the shelf when I play the records, because personally I can't see any point or artistic value in them, but although the layout of the new sleeve (which may or may not be final) isn't great, I love the choice of picture and colouring and even the repetition. Maybe it's supposed to be Warhol-esk? Would have been interesting to see different colours...

Anyway, I like to imagine that this choice of picture tells me more about the album and the person who made it than the last couple of efforts, so I'm quite happy with it. 💛

Last edited:
The truth is the business model of record making is one that never benefits the artist. It's a ripoff, a grift and a miserable scam. Steve needs to pivot and either do it himself, or create a label in an exclusive partnership with a distributor / streaming service.
But we have established here, that this would never become realistic. He needs someone to blame at the end. He probably also thought he was the most important artist at BMG. A hard realisation that he is not, in changing recording sales markets. The public whining about the lack of interest from major record companies has been going on for a good 10 years now and all subsequent deals have been unilaterally terminated by the companies. Because he fell short of expectations and promotion became more and more difficult. His self-righteous interviews certainly played their part.
I still don't understand why, in over 30 years in the solo business, he hasn't managed to have the contacts to choose alternative forms of publication or distribution to promote a new product. He wants to be seen on page 1 but it's not his place any longer.

Last edited:
Bookie - its because you actually care about how it looks...

If Moz would only leave it in our hands on Solo; he couldn't do much worse!

Fortunately, we haven't quite reached the 'Solo knows best' state yet :lbf:

Why do the hues gradually fade... the ebbing of life

Why do the hues gradually fade... the ebbing of life

I've noticed that too, but honestly, it's too weak to be really effective. I thought it was my screen at first...

But we have established here, that this would never become realistic. He needs someone to blame at the end. He probably also thought he was the most important artist at BMG. A hard realisation that he is not, in changing recording sales markets. The public whining about the lack of interest from major record companies has been going on for a good 10 years now and all subsequent deals have been unilaterally terminated by the companies. Because he fell short of expectations and promotion became more and more difficult. His self-righteous interviews certainly played their part.
I still don't understand why, in over 30 years in the solo business, he hasn't managed to have the contacts to choose alternative forms of publication or distribution to promote a new product. He wants to be seen on page 1 but it's not his place any longer.
With an album title like that you just know he's going to state that coronavirus is just a myth created by the world's governments to control teenagers and brainwash people.
The title should be enough to deter anyone .
Also that he states he's had the worst year of his life, well what a prick.
He side steps the estimated 3.54 million people who have died, what utter tragedy in those figures.
He's a clown.
A 100% moron.
A person who should not be given a platform to spout his racist, ridiculous garbage by any t.v. , radio, or record label.

With an album title like that you just know he's going to state that coronavirus is just a myth created by the world's governments to control teenagers and brainwash people.
He side steps the estimated 3.54 million people who have died, what utter tragedy in those figures.
He's a clown.
A 100% moron.
A person who should not be given a platform to spout his racist, ridiculous garbage by any t.v. , radio, or record label.

His mother died. He may have lost friends Covid19.

He's a clown. A 100% moron.
He lost his Mom so this is his worst year. He doesn't compare his life to anyone else's here.
Your interpretation of the album title is just speculation. Without context it can mean anything.

I wonder what the guy cropped out of the image makes of it all 🤔
FWD.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom