Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY NEW ALBUM" (May 30, 2021)

Morrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU
10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest)
bidder.

unnamed_xrljaa.jpg

artwork by Liam Lynch
photograph by Jean Messenger

Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place.

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
Media items:

I don't understand business in general... does this mean that Moz is offering his album for some record label to launch

Verónica is a Spanish film about ouija board. It's a horror movie.

Last edited:
@GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn

I've read the line Sure enough, the telephone rings recently. In the autobiography????

It's such a Morrissey title that it does indeed feel like it should ring a bell (hehe), but I can't say that I know where to place it or if I've read it before. I'll keep an eye out.

The telephone or doorbell seems to ring constantly in that book though 😉

From I Am Veronica:

"Just as I have had the opportunity to find my voice and search for a way to fight for my right as a “Mexicana,” I hope to make other women aware of their worth. Unfortunately, in the culture of our country, women are taught to be submissive and not stand up for themselves. Men only enforce and take advantage of this situation which produces extreme inequality. Because women are brought up this way, they have no knowledge or curiosity to make themselves their own person, without feeling any less than a man."

Andres Calamaro a pretty good singer Of rock pop from my country has a song called "Media Veronica"1/2Veronica !!!!!

I know there's a novelist called that but I dont get the "crack up" reference.

See also post #39 by Erik.

12145391633.jpg

I'm kind of imagining this as a companion song to Neal Cassady Drops Dead. A thought that's both terrifying and exhilarating at the same time.

I wasn't sure why he was writing a song about Diana Dors, was he a fan? I did read that she was in a tv adaptation of "A Taste of Honey".....that's the only Morrissey connection I've made so far.

I wasn't sure why he was writing a song about Diana Dors, was he a fan? I did read that she was in a tv adaptation of "A Taste of Honey".....that's the only Morrissey connection I've made so far.

backdropm.jpg

The most common backdrop seems to have been the one showing gangster Charles Richardson. In a few cities such as Manchester and Dusseldorf, the show started with the smiling Elvis backdrop, and ended with the Diana Dors one from the film "New Year's Eve" (view in situ; original image needed). In Sheffield the smiling Elvis image was up for one song, then Charles Richardson for the remainder of the main set and Diana Dors for the encore. In Paris, the backdrops were the Elvis and Charlie Richardson ones. The skinhead girls backdrop was probably not used in the UK because of the racism accusations.

LpDlzKjGlKLgtTmkSX3CjP4VDL6hu97oo9lQhtnEzjOijwSrSfaWa9AuErEuIuQn_SmHmg3_NlMT2fgeruTYj9zbXroYycLeOnKIIjOlGE4

Importance Of Being Morrissey ring a bell?

FWD.

Exciting! I want to hear Rebels Without Applause I Live jn Oblivion Bonfire of Teenagers Diana Dors I Ex-Love You and Saint in a Stained Glasd Window first. But also all the others!

Mozzy this is gonna be SO GREAT! And everyone hearts you in your heart sweater. Your omen is hearts.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom