Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY NEW ALBUM" (May 30, 2021)

Morrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU
10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest)
bidder.

unnamed_xrljaa.jpg

artwork by Liam Lynch
photograph by Jean Messenger

Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place.

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
Media items:

I wasn't sure why he was writing a song about Diana Dors, was he a fan? I did read that she was in a tv adaptation of "A Taste of Honey".....that's the only Morrissey connection I've made so far.

Yes, she's everywhere. He's mentioned her several times, she was on backdrops, pre-show tapes, on Under The Influence etc.

46e27898a924f90a86a15259355961de (1).jpg

Dt9vHI2X4AAqgsy.jpg_large.jpg

received_1038610266500329.jpeg

Screenshot_20210531-022546~2.png

Hopefully some snippets of the tracks will be released some time soon. Especially, I Ex-Love You and Diana Dors

He also wore a white t-shirt off stage sometimes in 92, with the image of the Swingin’ Dors album cover on it. Sure there’s some photos around.

Strange that he held onto this song ‘Diana Dors’ for a while now, maybe waiting for the right album to put it on.

Yes, she's everywhere. He's mentioned her several times, she was on backdrops, pre-show tapes, on Under The Influence etc.

View attachment 72814

View attachment 72815

View attachment 72816

Last edited:
This is brilliant news. I love how prolific Morrissey has been these past several years.

There are some great song titles; I’m also a fan of the cover design - a great photo of young Moz - in repetitive Warhol strips... though the album title isn’t particularly strong.

Now let’s just hope some label signs him up & releases the record soon.

Great news! Great titles! Not so great cover art, but I like it's a picture of himself young. It makes the album somehow more personal. I'm excited!

That's a cover. The song doesn't mention someones crack. Unless the arse on the cover is the glove?? We need to dig deeper!
“The sun shines out of our behinds.” Seriously, where the f—- have you been?

The descent into self-parody continues. How did someone with such a flawless aesthetic sensibility end up here?

Last edited:
I think the cover is fine. I don’t care for all the song titles yet, I hate I ex love you (though it made me smile to type that) but that may change when I know more about the songs themes lyrics etc. given how much I adored dog on a chain I expect to love the music and am ready to hear it and the previous album live

I love some of the titles but I get the sense we're in for a very intense, angry album. "I Live in Oblivion"... "I Ex-Love You"... I get the sense he's going to aim bitterness and venom in all directions.

I have been waiting to hear news like this for so longhair can't wait to hear the album and hopefully se the songs sung live.

"The best album of my life"

Hmmm. How many times have we heard that? With the same personnel as the previous 2, you're in for a cavalcade of cack, and without a label, it's in search of a toilet to flush it

"The best album of my life"

Hmmm. How many times have we heard that? With the same personnel as the previous 2, you're in for a cavalcade of cack, and without a label, it's in search of a toilet to flush it
I can't believe you. Hahaha

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom