Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY NEW ALBUM" (May 30, 2021)

Morrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU
10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest)
bidder.

unnamed_xrljaa.jpg

artwork by Liam Lynch
photograph by Jean Messenger

Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place.

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
Media items:

"The best album of my life"

Hmmm. How many times have we heard that? With the same personnel as the previous 2, you're in for a cavalcade of cack, and without a label, it's in search of a toilet to flush it
What odds do you give that the album gets picked up by a label to release it to the masses ?

What odds do you give that the album gets picked up by a label to release it to the masses ?
The question is who will take a chance on such a tarnished brand?

See - what he could do is cut out the middle-man and take all the revenue by offering a pay-for-download - if he has such faith in the product, why not do this? I'll tell you why...he knows the risks at this stage of his career, and he wants that risk shifted onto someone else's shoulders so he can blame them for when it inevitably doesn't sell. Not only that, we know he doesn't like spending his own money, and much prefers someone else to do it. So, as previously, it's all about risk and spending money, neither of which he likes, because it's always, always someone else's fault.

I know there will be plenty who don't see it that way, and to them, I ask the following:

Why do you think it is that the money-making record company organisations aren't clamouring to make money from a new Morrissey release and be associated with his brand, when that is their whole raison d'etre? Can you think of a reason why that might be?

One more thing - do people think that this is the opening gambit to get a label-funded release? Do you think discussions haven't already been held with a view to doing just that?

Last edited:

Hmmm. How many times have we heard that? With the same personnel as the previous 2, you're in for a cavalcade of cack, and without a label, it's in search of a toilet to flush it
It's quite obvious you have a crush with an ex member of the band. But you should understand that Morrissey isn't obliged to work with him or with anyone he doestn't want to.

charmingmozmctprkvHzf1qap55ao1_500_465_300_int.jpg

I love some of the titles but I get the sense we're in for a very intense, angry album. "I Live in Oblivion"... "I Ex-Love You"... I get the sense he's going to aim bitterness and venom in all directions.
I Ex Love You, the nicest way to say I loved you. It means it was a thing but that it is over.

The album could be amazing but the cover is utter utter utter dog shit . This from a guy who had such an eye for detail on the smiths releases

It's his album and every new album he makes surpasses the previous one that's why he says it's his best album. Ianadoac is a very good job of Moz and èste will be better even if you do not want it or can not accept it and your opinion matters 2 farts to us fans of Moz and Moz.The sewers are your home and there you will never find Morrissey!!!! Morrissey is really big

I am, of course, beyond excited that Mozzer has a new album finished and ready to go, but... I can't remember when I last was so put off by some of his song titles. I dread listening to a potentially bitter, "poor me"-song like "Rebels Without Applause". "Kerouac's Crack" reminds me of "Neil Cassady Drops Dead", and I detest that song. "Haha Harlem" sounds just silly, and a title like "I Live In Oblivion" would have had me jump with joy 15-20 years ago, but today I dread it's just more bitterness.

However! All of side 2 sounds more than exciting. That could be the home run. Or it's the other way around, stranger things have happened (although not many). Let's hope it gets released before Christmas.

He's to be congratulated on managing to come up with an even worse title than 'Low in High School'. And that cover should include a warning for epileptics.

No hygiene restrictions at the upcoming concerts. Yes, that's how they are, the rebels without applause.

"I am Veronica" should feature Iggy (as Veronica's boyfriend).

Last edited:
Skinny hasn't heard any BOT songs yet, and you're already downloading your hate on Moz genius!!! It's obvious that someone pays you to criticize Moz... and if not you're pathologically obsessed with Mozzy and you're ready to start psychiatric treatment ,seek professional help right now!!!

"The people sing when the warlords all burn
Do not feel sad, it's simply their turn
They tried to wipe us clean off the map
And I just want my face in Kerouac's crack"

Im looking forward to hearing it but his challenge with getting it released is that he doesn't sell in volume anymore, the last album was his best for a while but was only in the UK charts for 1 week and didn't chart at all in the US.

Could "Rebels Without Applause" be a reference to something specific?
I really hope not, but going by various Central posts over the past year, I have a nasty feeling this might be the song in praise of those 'heroic' COVID-denier rebels, who refuse to wear masks or get vaccinated.

Note how even in this statement, there is a note of defiance:
"Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and
there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place."

When was the last time Morrissey had albums released in three consecutive years? 1990-1991-1992 I think. Although that first one was a compilation. So maybe we have to go back to 1984-1988! Great news!

Im looking forward to hearing it but his challenge with getting it released is that he doesn't sell in volume anymore, the last album was his best for a while but was only in the UK charts for 1 week and didn't chart at all in the US.
It didn't sell because for the first time in his career, virtually the whole of the bbc and wider UK radio, refused to play any of its songs. If that was a one-off punishment for his far right campaigning and they start playing him again, it will sell 50,000 +. If they don't it will sell tiny quantities again ie under 8,000. It's that simple.

Come on, who hasn't had a bad year!
We have all gone through hell my love.
You are not alone in this!

Note how even in this statement, there is a note of defiance:
"Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and
there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place."

Looking at the ticket sales so far, it doesn't look like social distancing will be much of a problem.

The question is who will take a chance on such a tarnished brand?

See - what he could do is cut out the middle-man and take all the revenue by offering a pay-for-download - if he has such faith in the product, why not do this? I'll tell you why...he knows the risks at this stage of his career, and he wants that risk shifted onto someone else's shoulders so he can blame them for when it inevitably doesn't sell. Not only that, we know he doesn't like spending his own money, and much prefers someone else to do it. So, as previously, it's all about risk and spending money, neither of which he likes, because it's always, always someone else's fault.

I know there will be plenty who don't see it that way, and to them, I ask the following:

Why do you think it is that the money-making record company organisations aren't clamouring to make money from a new Morrissey release and be associated with his brand, when that is their whole raison d'etre? Can you think of a reason why that might be?

One more thing - do people think that this is the opening gambit to get a label-funded release? Do you think discussions haven't already been held with a view to doing just that?
Quite right dude. Isn't this Morrissey character a really terrible man. Thanks for the reminders. You're doing a great job!

Looking at the ticket sales so far, it doesn't look like social distancing will be much of a problem.
Since he started campaigning for the far right, most of Morrissey's fans have been socially distancing themselves from him!

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom