Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY NEW ALBUM" (May 30, 2021)

Morrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU
10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest)
bidder.

unnamed_xrljaa.jpg

artwork by Liam Lynch
photograph by Jean Messenger

Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place.

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
Media items:

"The best album of my life"

Hmmm. How many times have we heard that? With the same personnel as the previous 2, you're in for a cavalcade of cack, and without a label, it's in search of a toilet to flush it
And how many times have we heard the same BS from you over and over rather than just moving on with your life?

The 70s nostalgia that he conjures up so beautifully in song (Maudlin Street, Back to Old House) seems to be more and more important to Moz as he gets older. He will always be '10 parts Old Trafford' and I'm glad for that but sometimes he seems to be endlessly escaping from 'now'. He just sounds so unhappy. Too much nostalgia stops you from fully living.

The question is who will take a chance on such a tarnished brand?

See - what he could do is cut out the middle-man and take all the revenue by offering a pay-for-download - if he has such faith in the product, why not do this? I'll tell you why...he knows the risks at this stage of his career, and he wants that risk shifted onto someone else's shoulders so he can blame them for when it inevitably doesn't sell. Not only that, we know he doesn't like spending his own money, and much prefers someone else to do it. So, as previously, it's all about risk and spending money, neither of which he likes, because it's always, always someone else's fault.

I know there will be plenty who don't see it that way, and to them, I ask the following:

Why do you think it is that the money-making record company organisations aren't clamouring to make money from a new Morrissey release and be associated with his brand, when that is their whole raison d'etre? Can you think of a reason why that might be?

One more thing - do people think that this is the opening gambit to get a label-funded release? Do you think discussions haven't already been held with a view to doing just that?

did FH Mike write this pap for you? :crazy:
2 seyless steins:hammer:

"The best album of my life"

Hmmm. How many times have we heard that? With the same personnel as the previous 2, you're in for a cavalcade of cack, and without a label, it's in search of a toilet to flush it

& how many times per day do we hear your repeated drivel?

Unfortunately, there isn’t a toilet big enough to flush your inflated ego down.

I’m going to ignore negative comments regarding not liking art work or song titles and just say Wow, this is super exciting.

So much for ignoring certain comments....not tres chic IMHO. Go ahead and downvote this response as you have wholesale. I am all for a new album - who isn't? My POV is as valid as yours.

Rebel Without a Cause is a 1955 American drama film about emotionally confused suburban, middle-class teenagers.
I suppose that's more in keeping with Moz's tastes, but the wordplay works better with the PE song. in retrospect, I guess that's pretty far-fetched, though.

How can you guys hate the cover, I think it looks great. Young Moz- will surely reflect onto the album.
With his mother's death, he must've reflected on his young years with her by his side. The cover makes sense through that lense.

This may be the theme of the song. Maybe. Kerouac is a tragic figure.

To Granville Jones, Kerouac explained:

“The vision of America is being destroyed now by the beatnik movement which is not the “beat generation” I proposed any more but a big move-in from intellectual dissident wrecks of all kinds and now even anti-American, America-haters of all kinds with placards who call themselves “beatniks.”

I get a moment of excitement every time a new Moz LP is announced, and then get the crushing realisation that everything since "Ringleaders" has been a disappointment....

NME:

Morrissey announces new album ‘Bonfire Of Teenagers’, “the best album of my life”
The record, his first since leaving BMG, will be sold to the highest record label bidder

Can't help thinking the media uptake would be better if the 'launch' of this information wasn't via socials with less than 4.9k people and a working link shared on said.
FWD.
Wishful thinking.

Shall we all club together, buy the album, and then just share it amongst ourselves?

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom