Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY NEW ALBUM" (May 30, 2021)

Morrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU
10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest)
bidder.

unnamed_xrljaa.jpg

artwork by Liam Lynch
photograph by Jean Messenger

Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place.

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
Media items:

No, it’s do the right drugs, kids.

Anyway, it’s a knock up Moz world.

and why does anyone feel that it’s in their right to judge and expect Moz to do what he’s done in the past? It’s obvious to me that he doesn’t care in the same way he once did, he must have his reasons, and that’s fine with me. Big deal.

I was wondering if one of the reasons why they didn't use the full picture was because they were afraid of consequences due to infringement of privacy rights or something like that. In case they were not relatives. (Unlikely, I know.)

Maybe because they didn’t sing on the album ? ;)
View attachment 72876

Edit:

Or maybe he cut up the original some time ago like he did with these for the Playboys single...

View attachment 72880

Maybe because they didn’t sing on the album ? ;)

Paula the dog didn't sing on the album either 😜

I just thought it would be neat because of the title - 'teenagers' etc., you know? And I really like the picture.

Why does he even need a record label nowadays? Why not just release it for download on his website? Or put it on Amazon or Apple Music?

I basically want a soft drink that gets me drunk. 🙃

Consequence article about Morrissey's album was negative but seems resigned to his continued existence.

Such endlessly shitty journalism & all stemming back to Frank Owen wanting to force him to say he was gay.
The public seems to agree w them

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 8.57.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 8.57.14 AM.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 0
I am from Swindon Wiltshire Uk, and have found out Diana Dors’ family married into my family. Now Morrissey has written a song about her.Fantastic. Really looking forward to this album. Saw him at Wembley last year, brilliant concert and I’m Not A Dog On A Chain is a brilliant album too.

Paula the dog didn't sing on the album either 😜

I just thought it would be neat because of the title - 'teenagers' etc., you know? And I really like the picture.
I also like the picture. I am definitely not the person to talk about the esthetics of the sleeve - I have no eye for that TBH - but on my way home I realized hat it probably isn't chosen randomly. It's a reflection on his youthful years, and I begin to think that the title track might also be about the memories of his youth. If it is as good as "Once I saw the river clean", I'll be a happy person.

and why does anyone feel that it’s in their right to judge and expect Moz to do what he’s done in the past? It’s obvious to me that he doesn’t care in the same way he once did, he must have his reasons, and that’s fine with me. Big deal.
Wouldn't that fall under that freedom of speech that Morrissey is so fond of?

Yes, but there’s another saying...

‘If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing’

but unfortunately most people are merely children that can’t contain themselves (including Morrissey, lol)

Though in regards to freedom of speech, I think we can agree that Morrissey’s comment is a little more complicated than that (talking about album artwork) especially in regards to the way the media have always written about/treated him, not to mention that we live in a different world now, but things come in cycles, and hopefully their will always be those in the arts that will go against the grain.

Seems more like its about caring how he’s judged rather than saying people have no right to voice judgement

Regarding the cover, whilst it looks cheap as hell, and presumably took all of 5 minutes to put together in photoshop - I don't HATE it. It is at least an improvement on 'Low in High School', in that the urchin on the sleeve is actually Morrissey.

Also if Morrissey manages to get a record deal, I'd also be amazed if the final release comes out looking exactly like this. The label may use this as a reference, but I expect they'll want their own design team to tart it up a bit, so I'd think of this as a rough draft for now.

Regarding the cover, whilst it looks cheap as hell, and presumably took all of 5 minutes to put together in photoshop - I don't HATE it. It is at least an improvement on 'Low in High School', in that the urchin on the sleeve is actually Morrissey.

Also if Morrissey manages to get a record deal, I'd also be amazed if the final release comes out looking exactly like this. The label may use this as a reference, but I expect they'll want their own design team to tart it up a bit, so I'd think of this as a rough draft for now.

The cover of Low In High School Deluxe is epic. Pick up a copy!

I really hope this new Lp is different. I’m an old school fan. I was a teen in the 90’s. Not really loving the chicarelli produced era. Yes I get it he’s trying new things musically, maybe it’s that the songwriting just seems not as good? I mean I thought the unreleased demo of blue dreamers eyes just had that classic something you can feel emotionally. (More so than anything on the last three lp’s). That’s what morrissey has always been so good at with his best melodies. However I just feel the chicarelli produced lp’s are just lacking tgat something, a bit. . Not sure if it’s the songwriting themselves or the arrangement/production? I just hope this album has at least a few classics on it. Honestly the last 2 to 3 albums he released world peace,low in school, and dog on a chain were not exactly up to par with what this artist is capable of. IMO.

Don’t know if this is an alternative design or created by a fan but it’s better than the one posted above.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU

bidder.

View attachment 72803

artwork by Liam Lynch

Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place.

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
Media items:
I AM VERONICA is about Veronica Lake

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU

bidder.

View attachment 72803

artwork by Liam Lynch

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
Media items:

I AM VERONICA is about Veronica Lake
HA HA HARLEM is about the race riots of 64
DIANA DORS is about Diana Dors
SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW is about Saint Sebastian

Why does he even need a record label nowadays? Why not just release it for download on his website? Or put it on Amazon or Apple Music?

These days I would honestly put it down to being old-fashioned and vanity. He knows he could easily take the digital route, but this is a person who is still updating us on his vinyl/single chart positions. What other conclusion are we to come to?

Are you kidding me? He can't even run his own website. Where's that interview that was promised? It's just filled with pictures of people wearing his face on a t-shirt or singing his songs. Unprofessional and incompetent.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom