Morrissey not being gay ruins it for me

B

bryozoa

I've always assumed Morrissey was gay but upon hearing of his romantic involvement with a woman, I can longer identify with him.

Oh well, at least I've still got Kitchens of Distinction (much better than the Smiths), Derek Jarman and Lindsay Anderson. Real gay men and not imposters.

By the way I'm probably not gay, I just despise women because they are attracted to thugs and not quiet men such as myself.

I really do loathe gay men who have sexual relationships with women. If you're going to be gay at least have the decency not to have a wife and family.

get back in yer closet and geez peace.

He has always said that he was attracted to men and women. Johnny Marr said it as early as '84 ('He's had lots of girlfriends and a few men friends as well.') Strange that anybody would be surprised by it.

The Smiths are overrated and Morrissey is a heterosexual bigot who venerates thugs.

Oscar Wilde wasn't really gay either. He was a savage Irish animal thug. No wonder thuggish Morrissey admires him.

I've always assumed Morrissey was gay but upon hearing of his romantic involvement with a woman, I can longer identify with him.

Oh well, at least I've still got Kitchens of Distinction (much better than the Smiths), Derek Jarman and Lindsay Anderson. Real gay men and not imposters.

By the way I'm probably not gay, I just despise women because they are attracted to thugs and not quiet men such as myself.
This is obviously some numbskull taking the peepee.

I told you Moz wasn't gay.

But nobody listened.
Hate to break it to ya, but he himself has never claimed to be either. It’s not like your sitting on the Big Truth that no one else knows about. He’s stated that he’s ‘humasexual’. He’s attracted to humans, “although not many”.

Why should Morrissey’s sexuality matter? If you’re gay and decide you no longer like Morrissey if he turns out to like women, doesn’t that make you a “heterophobe” and a hypocrite?
I don’t see masses of “straight” people hating morrissey, or really giving a feck, when rumours circulate of him being gay...

Incel alert.

Morrissey isn't gay, he's just extremely well-versed in referencing and employing homosexual iconography in his work and also happens to greatly enjoy having sex with men.

Oh well, at least I've still got Kitchens of Distinction (much better than the Smiths)

I dunno about “better then the Smiths” but Kitchens of Distinction are extremely under-appreciated. They were pioneering shoegaze before Slowdive or Ride came around and get virtually no credit for it.

He asked everybody to give a little something to his love life. He's humasexual and he has co-written lots of memorable songs. The KOD leader is openly gay. Kitchens of distinction had one really big tune with "The 3rd time, we opened the capsule" and some nice album tracks. I don't see the point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom