Morrissey on Guardian

... It's the token Morrissey quote and the press will have a field day with this...

Chiming nicely with the timing of Bona Drag too.

Some links to scans on the main page. Including the silver trainers
24lnggm.jpg

Dave

I almost bought some bullet-grey sneakers not too long ago, but Armitage says theses are gold, not silver. A slick look, at any rate. :thumb:

a bit of a useless interview, overall....

I think I should just stop reading Morrissey interviews. Every time I read one lately, I like him less and less.

To be honest, I was less uncomfortable with the 'Chinese thing' than I was when Morrissey was asking about Simon Armitage's fiscal status. It seemed quite crass and kind of came out of nowhere.

Obviously, my priorities are f***ed... :o

"And I am to be replaced in the images by a cat." :D

I doubt his trainers were made in a Chinese sweatshop either!

True. We exploit the Chinese for all our richy rich goods. They exploit the domesticated animal to trustfully walk towards their execution. It's a viscious circle. God forbid you buy someone other than yourself a birthday present though. :mad: Selfish twat.

As a footnote...

I apologize in advance if anyone finds this distasteful, and will happily delete this post if anyone objects.

GUARDIAN INTERVIEW said:
The tone of voice reminds me of a recent email he posted to a Mozzer website, a tender and poignant citation for a girl who wasn't much more than a regular face in the crowd at his concerts, but whose devotion and death had clearly touched him.

Morrissey said:
Most people are standardized and unoriginal, which is useful, because it makes the Mels of the world stand out even more. Rich in ideas, her self-made calendars and t-shirts were always very funny. You will catch up with her in the afterlife, where I'm sure she will be as creative and busy and as Mel Torment as ever.

He's referring to his American fan Melinda Hsu, as we all know.

That's "H-s-u", which you can Google if you need to.

To be honest, I was less uncomfortable with the 'Chinese thing' than I was when Morrissey was asking about Simon Armitage's fiscal status. It seemed quite crass and kind of came out of nowhere.

Obviously, my priorities are f***ed... :o

The 'Chinese thing' didn't bother me, I've never taken any of Morrissey's would-be racist remarks seriously because he's so prone to hyperbole and theatrics. It was his tone towards Armitage, in the whole interview, that just disquieted me entirely. Someone on the Guardian page called him a "vain, self-obsessed, paranoid bore" and right now I agree with that summary 100%, and would throw "bitter and twisted" into the mix for good measure.

It's sad. Before when Morrissey was arrogant, he was charming with it; when he made disparaging remarks they were fuelled by real passion. Now he sounds like an overgrown playground bully, spitting at anyone at everyone that gets in his way, even those who - like Armitage - genuinely felt warmth towards him.

Fame, fame, fatal fame. It can play hideous tricks on the brain.

More of the curmudgeon mystique on display. I don't like it, and I don't hate it.

He's right about the Chinese. The Chinese nation is inhumane. (So are many others, including my own.)

He didn't say inhumane though. He referred to a race of people as a sub-species

True. We exploit the Chinese for all our richy rich goods. They exploit the domesticated animal to trustfully walk towards their execution. It's a viscious circle. God forbid you buy someone other than yourself a birthday present though. :mad: Selfish twat.

And what exactly is your point? I'm not the one calling the Chinese a f***ing sub-species!

And what exactly is your point? I'm not the one calling the Chinese a f***ing sub-species!

My point is that Morrissey is a twat. Kindness and compassion is a UNIVERSAL CONCEPT that should be expressed on all levels whenever possible. So he makes the claim that the Chinese are a sub species which is a good point despite being a sweeping generalization. They eat animals that have forged a bond of trust with humans. It;s despicable that a person would murder for food an animal they could easily say "C'mere boy. Good boy. CHOP!" At least poultry, swine and bovine still have the flight response, dogs and cats trust us. Then he turns around in his fancy gold shoes most likely made in a sweatshop by a beaten-down Chinese woman somewhere who gets about as much respect as a slaughtered dog and calls her a sub species, while HE HIMSELF can't be arsed to take time out of his precious schedule to do something kind for some other person, this mythical neice or whoever. He's a thoroughly self-involved person with a LOT OF f***ING POWER who needs a dose of reality check. You go to neice's birthday parties. You put in your time spreading kindness. THen you weild your big stick and make change. Be selfish on your own time, not at all times.

My point is that Morrissey is a twat. Kindness and compassion is a UNIVERSAL CONCEPT that should be expressed on all levels whenever possible. So he makes the claim that the Chinese are a sub species which is a good point despite being a sweeping generalization. They eat animals that have forged a bond of trust with humans. It;s despicable that a person would murder for food an animal they could easily say "C'mere boy. Good boy. CHOP!" At least poultry, swine and bovine still have the flight response, dogs and cats trust us. Then he turns around in his fancy gold shoes most likely made in a sweatshop by a beaten-down Chinese woman somewhere who gets about as much respect as a slaughtered dog and calls her a sub species, while HE HIMSELF can't be arsed to take time out of his precious schedule to do something kind for some other person, this mythical neice or whoever. He's a thoroughly self-involved person with a LOT OF f***ING POWER who needs a dose of reality check. You go to neice's birthday parties. You put in your time spreading kindness. THen you weild your big stick and make change. Be selfish on your own time, not at all times.

Thanks for clearing that up I was getting a self-persecution complex! Too much reading outlandish racist Morrissey quotes...

I'm sorry for those of you who think Morrissey's descriptive choice of word to generalise a whole race of people is acceptable. Sub-species?!? For f***'s sake.

The more I see it, the more distasteful it becomes. Isthat the power of the media or the fact that language like that has led to some of the greatest atrocities in history???

We can all have great concern for animals (I do) and humans too. I hope he apologises but I doubt he will. Maybe he could f*** off to China for a bit

Last edited:
Sad but true.

It's most likely a result of some asshole cosmically grinding the gears of his transmission while shifting. The entire interview makes him seem like an ass, like it was a set-up.

Not so fast. He's a straight-talker, an agent provocatuer, playing off a hostile media. Sleep on it. :)

You're 1,000th post rings of hope, goinghome. :D

Tags
scans
Back
Top Bottom