Morrissey on Guardian

I love Morrissey.

I love cats.

Morrissey and cats. Perfect together.

Had only the proud pussy swung his tail just under Morrissey's nose, it would have made a great mustache.

Mmmmmmm, probably an outtake.

Hey Uncleskinny, what time do you think you'll have this scanned by tomorrow morning? Should I stay up tonight (California) and read it? Or wait until the morning? :p (I am of course making the sweeping assumption that you'll be the fastest Brit to a scanner. Thank God for that.)

Hmm. I'm off to see the Buzzcocks tonight. Could be a bit of a late do. About 9am UK time, perhaps?

P.

VERY blurry preview of ther front page, thanks to one of our roving reporters...

2cffgxz.jpg

P.

EDIT - hang on, I can do better than that...

Or maybe not...

do70at.jpg

Oh, my goodness. Oh, my heart.

Hmm. I'm off to see the Buzzcocks tonight. Could be a bit of a late do. About 9am UK time, perhaps?

P.

Wow. Buzzcocks and a Morrissey interview in one day? Someone upstairs loves Peter. :p (Don't tell Flax.)

The Guardian's Kath Viner has been tweeting about the interview. She says "He has some sparkling lines - with one appalling exception."

She won't elaborate what that "appalling" comment is. The fact the headline is "Bigmouth Strikes Again" is now making me a bit worried. Wasn't that the NME headline a few years ago when THAT interview came out?

squeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

What a nice start to a holiday weekend.... Thanks!!!

quote:
And see Moz holding my ex's cat, Fanny! RT @meropemills Weekend mag interview with Morrissey tomorrow is amazing. Buy it. You wont regret it
about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck

And...

I know that last RT is fraught with double entendre and euphemism, but she really is the cat called 'Fanny', who belongs to my ex. Ahem.
about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck

The Guardian's Kath Viner has been tweeting about the interview. She says "He has some sparkling lines - with one appalling exception."

She won't elaborate what that "appalling" comment is. The fact the headline is "Bigmouth Strikes Again" is now making me a bit worried. Wasn't that the NME headline a few years ago when THAT interview came out?

Me, too.

Although, given that most artists rarely ever utter anything appalling for fear of upsetting their demographic, it's always quite exciting when Morrissey chews on his foot a little. :D

Regarding the NME debacle. If only Morrissey had been interviewed by an intelligent journalist an interesting exploration of the subjects raised by our man might have ensued. Alas, he was interviewed by a rather silly little boy in the employ of an editor who was also a silly little boy. Never mind, eh?

from quiffaas site
from noviinacoma

from Guardian's twitter account
weekend_front.jpg

Last edited:
Great! Hope I can find this at the local shop that specializes in international press tomorrow ...

Great! Hope I can find this at the local shop that specializes in international press tomorrow ...
depends if you live in a small or big city. im sure you will find it in antwerp.
often an main train or tubestations and airports..
or order it online
otherwise im sure the interview will find its way on that thread

ahhh but who is Kath Viner?
is she a moz fan? prob not,
is she used to his humour? prob not,
is she a crashing bore who doesnt get it, very probably.
i'd take this with a HUGE pinch of salt, hes prob just said something slightly un PC ( yet completely true) and they have to be seen to not agree with it at all. so hey ho, i'll wait till i hear it from the horses mouth as it were.

edit; in fact he prob just mentioned that meat is murder or somesuch and shes is a carnivore so thinks thats outrageous.. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and it's just as well.

weekendfake.jpg

BTW, the offending quote from an anonymous poster is on the Main Page. I won't repeat it here because it's not substantiated yet. Could just be the usual trolling.

Can confirm that quote is accurate - it's in an animal cruelty context.

Yeah, and it's just as well.

weekendfake.jpg

BTW, the offending quote from an anonymous poster is on the Main Page. I won't repeat it here because it's not substantiated yet. Could just be the usual trolling.

Well, FFS. They eat dogs. It's a valid observation.

Well, if he said it, I'm glad he said it. His wording was a bit off, since I doubt he truly believes that of an entire race of people, but the level of animal cruelty that is tolerated within their culture truly is appalling.

I do wish he'd remember himself when discussing things that could get him into hot water race-wise though. I have actually had people say to me, "Morrissey? Isn't he that racist singer?" D: ... Then I have to try to explain him. D:

Well, if he said it, I'm glad he said it. His wording was a bit off, since I doubt he truly believes that of an entire race of people, but the level of animal cruelty that is tolerated within their culture truly is appalling.

I do wish he'd remember himself when discussing things that could get him into hot water race-wise though. I have actually had people say to me, "Morrissey? Isn't he that racist singer?" D: ... Then I have to try to explain him. D:

Yes, I agree. Possibly not the best choice of words, and could quite easily be misconstrued (if it's true, that is), but I concur with the sentiment behind it.

Tags
scans
Back
Top Bottom