Morrissey receives "Morrissey Day" certificate in ceremony at Hollywood Bowl (Nov. 10, 2017)

Getting his award!

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Posted by Sam Esty Rayner / YouTube:

Images from @rosejoon / Instagram posted by an anonymous person:

41235_morrissey_day_certificate.jpg

41239_morrissey_day_certificate2.jpg

41240_morrissey_day_certificate3.jpg

Morrissey gets his Morrissey Day proclamation at the Hollywood Bowl - Los Angeles Daily News. Link posted by Famous when dead.

By PETER LARSEN | [email protected] | Orange County Register
PUBLISHED: November 10, 2017 at 8:44 pm | UPDATED: November 10, 2017 at 11:11 pm

An hour or so before Morrissey was to take the stage at the Hollywood Bowl for the first of two shows this weekend a small crowd gathered backstage for the presentation of a proclamation naming Friday as Morrissey Day in Los Angeles.

“I gotta tell you I dreamt about this last night and I fell out of bed twice,” said Los Angeles Councilwoman Monica Rodriguez, who represents the northeast San Fernando Valley and introduced the motion to honor the English singer.

“And now the man himself,” Rodriguez said as Morrissey walked out to greet a crowd of reporters, city officials and No Doubt and Dreamcar members Tony Kanal and Adrian Young.

I’m very honored,” Morrissey said as he accepted the ornate proclamation. “There aren’t words. I’ll take it to bed.”

As he left the stage someone shouted, “When are you running for mayor?”

With a slight misunderstanding but not missing a beat he replied, “Yes I am!”

Afterwards Rodriguez said this was her first time meeting “the man who put the M in Moz Angeles,” as she’d earlier said, though she’d seen him more than two dozen times over the years.

“I’ve lost count,” she said. “My absolute favorite was here at the Hollywood Bowl when he did more of the Smiths covers than he’d ever done.”

An intimate show at Hollywood High School was a close second, she said, and at that one she’d been in the pit.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:

Regards,
FWD.

A better picture of the 'plaque' :
FB_IMG_1510396801285.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
What time was this presentation? Was it on stage or in another part of the venue? Sorry I missed it, so thanks for the clip!
I don't know. I'm sure the guy who posted the video on his twitter would know.

What time was this presentation? Was it on stage or in another part of the venue? Sorry I missed it, so thanks for the clip!
If you visit the above Morrissey 'official' live broadcast through Facebook, it will be timestamped to your local area.
7 hours ago wherever you are is the general answer. 1 hour prior to the gig, presented at the Hollywood Bowl.
Regards,
FWD.

This is wonderful. Morrissey looks so happy :)

and if he doesn't feel like smiling, he's wearing a pin to smile for him. very convenient. :D

and what's with the butterfly on his sleeve?

or is it a moth to the flame that he is. :)

Erm ! So basically the local council woman is a fan of Stevo the clown :rolleyes:.
It all makes sense now :lbf: how funny and cheap all rolled into one :clap:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Blimey crykey blood hell! I didn't know the mayor of LA was on that fooking thing. Top mental! Reckon me think Uncle Steve will be going into politics in California soon, mayor of LA or governor of California. Was Steve really born in a foreign country? Is there a birth certificate? All I see is pics of Steve and his aunt when he was young at the Grand Canyon and in front of the White House. Steve is as LA as you get. Steve P. Morrissey for president!

Those old bald guys ruined the moment.

Julia has been MIA for the past year.

Why didn't he say more? Soak up the moments Mozza, you deserve it. You really really deserve it. From a tiny room in Manchester to your own day in los angeles. Wow.

Again M using American spelling. In this case “honored” rather than the English “honoured”. Strange from a man who sells himself on his Englishness. Pilgrimupnorth

Again M using American spelling. In this case “honored” rather than the English “honoured”. Strange from a man who sells himself on his Englishness. Pilgrimupnorth
Morrissey has been using American English for decades now - since he left England in a huff after 'Maladjusted' tanked, I think.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom