Morrissey Record Store Day vinyl confirmed for August 29, 2020

Rather than bump an old thread, just a quick update to say Honey, You Know Where To Find Me will be part of the 3 'drop' dates for this year's RSD.
The bulk of the remaining RSD products have been shared across 3 dates and Morrissey features on August 29 (the first of those dates).

20200611_183808.jpg

There were some great items by other artists this year too - if you value small, independent record shops, please support them as they slowly reopen.
They will be reeling from not having the event as it was intended and with some artists pulling their products to sell online, things are increasingly difficult for small retailers.
Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Why does he insist on saying Fantastic Bird is from the Southpaw sessions?

'Drop' is right. Pick it up, turn it over, see the rip-off price tag and drop it.
That said, I do support small record shops (when I can find them). There are no record shops at all in my city.

'Drop' is right. Pick it up, turn it over, see the rip-off price tag and drop it.
That said, I do support small record shops (when I can find them). There are no record shops at all in my city.
I paid £13 for my 7” single copy of It’s Over, from a record shop. It did remind me that buying records is now a very adult concern. Appropriately, it also reminded me not to go in there again. Then I remembered it had a bar at the back, which was immediately needed to come to terms with the cost of my purchase. I suppose that’s their business model.

As this album sells out in mere hours, Mozz Sticks will celebrate with a platter of his favorites cheeses and a bottle of his favorite Russian vodka.

I paid £13 for my 7” single copy of It’s Over, from a record shop. It did remind me that buying records is now a very adult concern. Appropriately, it also reminded me not to go in there again. Then I remembered it had a bar at the back, which was immediately needed to come to terms with the cost of my purchase. I suppose that’s their business model.
You bought a drink as well !!! What drink did you buy, and how much did it cost you?

You bought a drink as well !!! What drink did you buy, and how much did it cost you?
I believe it was a bottle called ‘Gem’: £6. I was £19 out of pocket when I left. I had to go to the next pub, to come to terms with it.

I believe it was a bottle called ‘Gem’: £6. I was £19 out of pocket when I left. I had to go to the next pub, to come to terms with it.
An expensive afternoon then, as I say Hovis you cant take it with you

An expensive afternoon then, as I say Hovis you cant take it with you
Has anyone told Morrissey? I’m hoping this release comes in at under £15. And I can barely believe I’m contemplating that it won’t.

It’s getting to the point where one hardly dares play these things, and that signals the end of physical formats being in anyway ‘pop’; that really will be the end of most record stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 track, 10" single, as an innovative transparent photo disc in a clear PVC bag, with all audio on one side.Tracks are taken from the 2009 Deluxe re-issue of the Southpaw Grammar album, and were recorded at the original 2005 album sessions.The album celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2020.The tracks and artwork for this new Record Store Day release were chosen by Morrissey.

Isn't that supposed to be 1995?

Whilst I appreciate RSD is designed to help small independent record shops, let's face facts, the people who make the most money from RSD is the sharks that buy all the records to put them straight away on Ebay at inflated prices.

feel your pain hove,£6, sure my heart skipped a beat when i saw that.

3 track, 10" single, as an innovative transparent photo disc in a clear PVC bag, with all audio on one side.Tracks are taken from the 2009 Deluxe re-issue of the Southpaw Grammar album, and were recorded at the original 2005 album sessions.The album celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2020.The tracks and artwork for this new Record Store Day release were chosen by Morrissey.

Isn't that supposed to be 1995?
It won't be the first press release with blatant errors.
Some retailers and 'Official FB' have a dateless version:

The product itself doesn't have dates and just mentions "sessions".
Fantastic Bird is just a mess of information and is thought to be '92.
2005 only appears as a factor when the Rhino reference CD appeared with Fantastic Bird (demo) featuring on the Your Arsenal disc.
I replied to Ryan's query, but thought better of it as too speculative, but am guessing something like this:
I think (utter conjecture) the 'throwaway' vocal may have never been used on the 1992 proposed B-side version - keeping in mind Stephane gives no reference and Spencer's phone interview (2003) with Goddard only appears to confirm the song was recorded - no full vocals or fixed dates mentioned. So it could have been tinkered with on or after 1995 (making it more Southpaw in Morrissey's mind).
So 'at some point' closer to the Southpaw Grammar reissue (2009) a vocal take may have been added to existing music or a general remaster took place to take it from a demo to finished version. Even then, it only got a brief live outing in 2012 - all very odd.
It clearly is an older track and my theory is all assumption and doesn't factor in Morrissey just being bloody-minded - which is probably closer to the truth :)
So long story short: duff info on the press release + Morrissey being odd about a demo from '92 = probably never know!
Regards,
FWD.

It won't be the first press release with blatant errors.
Some retailers and 'Official FB' have a dateless version:

The product itself doesn't have dates and just mentions "sessions".
Fantastic Bird is just a mess of information and is thought to be '92.
2005 only appears as a factor when the Rhino reference CD appeared with Fantastic Bird (demo) featuring on the Your Arsenal disc.
I replied to Ryan's query, but thought better of it as too speculative, but am guessing something like this:
I think (utter conjecture) the 'throwaway' vocal may have never been used on the 1992 proposed B-side version - keeping in mind Stephane gives no reference and Spencer's phone interview (2003) with Goddard only appears to confirm the song was recorded - no full vocals or fixed dates mentioned. So it could have been tinkered with on or after 1995 (making it more Southpaw in Morrissey's mind).
So 'at some point' closer to the Southpaw Grammar reissue (2009) a vocal take may have been added to existing music or a general remaster took place to take it from a demo to finished version. Even then, it only got a brief live outing in 2012 - all very odd.
It clearly is an older track and my theory is all assumption and doesn't factor in Morrissey just being bloody-minded - which is probably closer to the truth :)
So long story short: duff info on the press release + Morrissey being odd about a demo from '92 = probably never know!
Regards,
FWD.

The whole 'super limited' thing annoys me. Talk about a rip off about to happen. This constitutes a 'future crime'. I sense the Minority Report pre-cogs twitching in their water tank.

I doubt this will be too difficult to get hold of, even with 'super limited' quantities. There are no new tracks here - this is all stuff every fan already has, so I think that's going to limit the desirability. I'm going to try and buy one myself, but if it's sold out - no biggie. I know I'm never going to actually listen to the thing anyway, just look at it for 5 minutes, then put it in my collection to gather dust for eternity.

The whole 'super limited' thing annoys me. Talk about a rip off about to happen. This constitutes a 'future crime'. I sense the Minority Report pre-cogs twitching in their water tank.
Arrrgh. I’ve just seen it’s 10”; my record player won’t event play that format.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom