Morrissey Replacing Nine Inch Nails at Riot Fest in Chicago (September 16, 2021)

Riot-Fest.jpeg

https://consequence.net/2021/08/mor...PVNVOwcgexkmVXdK4DfaLZ-SLXMNHWtNuTuvKy81eWE7A

Last edited by a moderator:
As the main two forums I visit daily are NIN and Morrissey, this is truly two worlds colliding for me. If I were in the USA, this swaparoo couldn’t have been better. Love both artists just as much as the other.

It’s a matter of common knowledge that Elvis Costello is an uncouth racist c***.
"Is" is unlikely. "Was" would be debatable. He did say some drunken shit stuff 40+ years ago. That can't be denied. You should head over to Twitter and get him cancelled though. He said a couple of things that were f***ed up and should never be forgiven no matter what contrition has been shown.

Details about the day he's playing below.
I suspect it will be the least shown part of the festival as it's a preview. I'm guessing he'll select some of the bands from the 3 full days to play on that night as well.

Regards,
FWD.
Maybe each of the songs he performs will have a special guest from the line up!

I look forward to a 3-way exclusive rendition of Dagenham Dave with Frank Black & Billy Corgan

Melvis
There are some stupid people out there. "I don't want to see Morrissey!" No-one is forcing anyone to do anything. I'm sure there are people attending the festival who had no interest in watching NIN, just as there will likely be people not interested in Morrissey. Is it a big deal? No. That's one of the joys of a festival, you can pick and choose who you want to go see live.

Vocal social media posters will bitch and moan, just to be 'liked'.
There will be under 1000 people there, by the time Melvis takes the stage. …and you’re not going, so why are you commenting about it on social media? 🤣

Details about the day he's playing below.
I suspect it will be the least shown part of the festival as it's a preview. I'm guessing he'll select some of the bands from the 3 full days to play on that night as well.

Regards,
FWD.
No, he won’t. …and while that concept is interesting, it doesn’t make for the sales required to pull off an event like this. It’s highly doubtful Morrissey will even take the stage. …and unless you’re talking about a couple of rappers - who’re just taking the piss - NOBODY wants to be seen with him. Save this post and we’ll revisit the day after. ;)

According to their website & the Chicago Tribune, the event (bar a couple of small single day ticket runs via 2020 refunds) is sold out.
Today's post wasn't to advertise the event as such, it was announcing a free 4th day and change of lineup.
The 4th day was initially added as a perk for those holding on to their tickets from 2020 and now all 3-day & Sunday ticket holders receive the Thursday preview too - so 'sales required' was already met.
The event states he will "perform" - that's a clue.
Also re: Thursday: "partial proceeds benefiting the Chicago Coalition for the Homeless, with additional charities to be announced." - so enough sales to be generous too.
Can you not access their website in "Canada"?
FWD.

According to their website & the Chicago Tribune, the event (bar a couple of small single day ticket runs via 2020 refunds) is sold out.
Today's post wasn't to advertise the event as such, it was announcing a free 4th day and change of lineup.
The 4th day was initially added as a perk for those holding on to their tickets from 2020 and now all 3-day & Sunday ticket holders receive the Thursday preview too - so 'sales required' was already met.
The event states he will "perform" - that's a clue.
Also re: Thursday: "partial proceeds benefiting the Chicago Coalition for the Homeless, with additional charities to be announced." - so enough sales to be generous too.
Can you not access their website in "Canada"?
FWD.
Yes. Every website for the numerous shows he’s cancelled at the last minute have said he’d perform. That’s why people buy tickets, flights, hotels and merch, upon arrival. That still doesn’t convince me that he’s taking the stage.

I was curious about why they cancelled:

NIN 2021 UPDATE
IT IS WITH GREAT REGRET THAT WE ARE CANCELLING ALL NIN APPEARANCES FOR THE REMAINDER OF THIS YEAR.
WHEN ORIGINALLY PLANNED, THESE SHOWS WERE INTENDED TO BE A CATHARTIC AND CELEBRATORY RETURN TO LIVE MUSIC. HOWEVER, WITH EACH PASSING DAY IT’S BECOMING MORE APPARENT WE’RE NOT AT THAT PLACE YET.
WE ARE SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE OR DISAPPOINTMENT AND LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AGAIN WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT.
TICKET BUYERS FOR THE SEPTEMBER 21 AND 23 SHOWS IN CLEVELAND, PLEASE REFER TO YOUR POINT OF PURCHASE FOR TICKET REFUND INFORMATION.

Is this the first time he's tried to 'curate ' a festival since he became known as a campaigner for the far-right? If so, best of luck!

I hope the crowd boos him off if he dares crack jokes about COVID or mask wearers. The Simpsons episodes will become reality.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom