Morrissey Replacing Nine Inch Nails at Riot Fest in Chicago (September 16, 2021)

Riot-Fest.jpeg

https://consequence.net/2021/08/mor...PVNVOwcgexkmVXdK4DfaLZ-SLXMNHWtNuTuvKy81eWE7A

Last edited by a moderator:
There's NOTHING wrong with having to prove that folks have been twice vaccinated.

I have nothing against people making their own choice. But why prove vaccination status when it’s pretty much common knowledge by now that the vaccinated can catch and spread the virus the same as the vaccinated?

According to recent studies ....

CNN article updated July 30th,

“Last week, the agency released a study that showed the Delta variant produced similar amounts of virus in vaccinated and unvaccinated people if they got infected -- data that suggests vaccinated people who get a breakthrough infection could have a similar tendency to spread the virus as the unvaccinated.”

Only an idiot, with no knowledge of science or health whatsoever, would EVER say otherwise.

Hazard

So, science does say otherwise.

Where have you been yourself? There's something called irony nowadays, don't believe it's a new invention.
Or did you think everything else Acton said, was 100% sensible?

I have nothing against people making their own choice. But why prove vaccination status when it’s pretty much common knowledge by now that the vaccinated can catch and spread the virus the same as the vaccinated?

According to recent studies ....

CNN article updated July 30th,

“Last week, the agency released a study that showed the Delta variant produced similar amounts of virus in vaccinated and unvaccinated people if they got infected -- data that suggests vaccinated people who get a breakthrough infection could have a similar tendency to spread the virus as the unvaccinated.”

So, science does say otherwise.

That's why everyone's got to get vaccinated. It may not prevent you from getting infected, but it prevents serious disease once infected. That is really crucial. Thank goodness US venues are enforcing these restrictions.

I know. It was a made up dream list.
Unrulygimp: please learn how to reply properly so we can then reply to your mush properly. Thanks (for nothing).

I agree totally.

yes, that makes sense.
I was in a secondhand book/record shop in Ireland today and the lovely owner was playing The Smiths. A male customer checking out said "The Smiths are timeless. Unlike Morrissey who isn't because of his big mouth." To which the owner replied: "I don't mind his talking out but he knows nothing about anything he speaks about."
I didn't get involved and just bought my record and books. But it kind of shows how some people now view Moz.

That's why everyone's got to get vaccinated. It may not prevent you from getting infected, but it prevents serious disease once infected. That is really crucial. Thank goodness US venues are enforcing these restrictions.

Sorry, but the risk and chance of serious disease is a part of the choice one makes if one chooses not to be vaccinated. Freedom is still crucial to many.

Why force or punish people into making choices they don’t want to
make, regardless if others think it right or wrong?

The vaccination status will not prevent the spread of the virus.

So why punish people?

The chance of infection and ability to spread the virus is the same in the vaccinated and non vaccinated.

So why punish people?

And call them fools, but lots of people will refuse to do something if they feel they are being forced into doing it. So, there’s got to be a better way.

Last edited:
I was in a secondhand book/record shop in Ireland today and the lovely owner was playing The Smiths. A male customer checking out said "The Smiths are timeless. Unlike Morrissey who isn't because of his big mouth." To which the owner replied: "I don't mind his talking out but he knows nothing about anything he speaks about."
I didn't get involved and just bought my record and books. But it kind of shows how some people now view Moz.

Ah, yes, but people have always had views about Morrissey. How can they not? But that’s what attracted
most of us to him in the first place,
that lovely big mouth. I mean, heart!

VIVA MOZ !!!

:thumb:

As far as I’m concerned, Morrissey has always been ‘canceled’. That’s
what attracted me, and I’m sure others, to him.

:thumb:

No: great music. Although the media’s indignation sustained me 2006-2014.

It felt a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of like how it irritates people that I'm a Morrissey fan. I lose a bit of respect for people that can't handle it though.
I work with ‘young people’ someone mentioned Morrissey, and said they felt he ‘was a fascist’ and I felt like I was being paid not to laugh. Partly through the joy of a 16 year old knowing him. When I was sixteen I was obsessed with John Barry. Them were the days.

“Nine Inch Nails have canceled their scheduled 2021 shows due to rising Covid-19 cases, the band announced in a statement on Thursday.”

It is with great regret that we are cancelling all NIN appearances for the remainder of this year,” the band wrote. “When originally planned, these shows were intended to be a cathartic and celebratory return to live music. However, with each passing day it’s becoming more apparent we’re not at that place yet. We are sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment and look forward to seeing you again when the time is right.”

As much as I’m excited about Morrissey’s shows, and Vegas just around the corner! And Morrissey is not the only one going on with shows. I think Trent made a wise decision. Wonder if some of his fans will call him a ‘pussy’ for it.
I think that NIN made the right decision if their intention was to transform their concert into a really wild party. We’re not quite there yet. At the same time, I understand that other artists want to just play their shows that have already been postponed several time. The not is up to ticket houders to decide whether they feel it is safe enough to go.

I think that NIN made the right decision if their intention was to transform their concert into a really wild party.
It’s NIN not the Beastie Boys.
We’re not quite there yet. At the same time, I understand that other artists want to just play their shows that have already been postponed several time.
Yes, makes sense.
The not is up to ticket houders to decide whether they feel it is safe enough to go.

Yes, ticket holders always put safety first. Saints all of them!

I mean, yes.

Sorry, but the risk and chance of serious disease is a part of the choice one makes if one chooses not to be vaccinated. Freedom is still crucial to many.

Why force or punish people into making choices they don’t want to
make, regardless if others think it right or wrong?

The vaccination status will not prevent the spread of the virus.

So why punish people?

The chance of infection and ability to spread the virus is the same in the vaccinated and non vaccinated.

So why punish people?

And call them fools, but lots of people will refuse to do something if they feel they are being forced into doing it. So, there’s got to be a better way.

Here's some people in Florida enjoying their "freedom". This is why people must be vaccinated, to prevent extreme illness. Infection does not equal Illness. Vaccines prevent illness. Unvaccinated people are not being punished, they can stay home and safe. That is their choice.

Here's some people in Florida enjoying their "freedom". This is why people must be vaccinated, to prevent extreme illness. Infection does not equal Illness. Vaccines prevent illness. Unvaccinated people are not being punished, they can stay home and safe. That is their choice.

people must be allowed to make their own choices.

You can’t force people to do things through punishment.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom