Morrissey should immigrate to America!

ADAM

No One You Know
Not that he's living in Malibu or anything currently. (*COUGH*)

I think I can even get the Frink girls to agree with me on this one. (C'mon ladies, get those cha-cha heels dancing in this thread.)

I think it's time for the mighty Him to end his tax-exile status, and become a full-fledged American. (Wouldn't you love to see the queue to get into his swearing-in ceremony? I know I'd crash that line like a fat girl at Golden Corral.) He could even campaign for Broke Chewbacca (or whatever that guy's name is -- he's no Dennis Kucinich whoever he is).

Don't worry, it's almost time for my evening meds to kick in.

Not that he's living in Malibu or anything currently. (*COUGH*)

I think I can even get the Frink girls to agree with me on this one. (C'mon ladies, get those cha-cha heels dancing in this thread.)

I think it's time for the mighty Him to end his tax-exile status, and become a full-fledged American. (Wouldn't you love to see the queue to get into his swearing-in ceremony? I know I'd crash that line like a fat girl at Golden Corral.) He could even campaign for Broke Chewbacca (or whatever that guy's name is -- he's no Dennis Kucinich whoever he is).

Don't worry, it's almost time for my evening meds to kick in.

Thanks for making me spray beer all over my screen.

Broke Chewbacca= Barack Obama. I didn't get it either. Sorry, Adam. Meds kicking in yet?

If he hurries and marries somebody American right... now, he might be able to vote in the election next year. But then, would he want to? (Marry, marry an American, or vote?) Prob. not.

Haven't you ever suddenly laughed out loud just after taking a drink of some beverage, and sprayed out of your mouth? In this case, it spurted all over my computer screen.

Sorry, yes, I quoted the wrong post. In fact, just last night I gave my desk a beer shower.

I don't get the Broke Chewbacca reference.

Broke Chewbacca= Barack Obama. I didn't get it either.

Oh. Still don't get it.

EDIT: Hey, "Broke Chewbacca" is a Google singleton, or whatever they called those one-offs back in the day. In Greek we'd call that a hapax legomenon.

Maybe I should get a drink.

Last edited:
Broke Chewbacca= Barack Obama. I didn't get it either. Sorry, Adam. Meds kicking in yet?

I'm from the South. No matter how I say it, it's going to sound odd. It's just an unusual name, and I support the little Leprechaun Man (go Dennis Kucinich, go) with the hottie wife.

Baroque Chewbacca?

It's the least racist thing I could come up with, and one has to be on one's toes these days with NME scum trawling for quotes.

I'm from the South. No matter how I say it, it's going to sound odd. It's just an unusual name, and I support the little Leprechaun Man (go Dennis Kucinich, go) with the hottie wife.

Oh, now she's a topic that's come up here before.
p1806_me-dennis-elizabeth.jpg

See, Pregs, maybe there is a redhead that I could trust! (If I stayed around long enough to talk to her afterwards, that is! :D)

It's kind of strange, I've met everyone on this thread... it's almost like I'm talking with real people. Hell, I've slept in the same bed with at least one of you... :D

It's kind of strange, I've met everyone on this thread... it's almost like I'm talking with real people. Hell, I've slept in the same bed with at least one of you... :D

Before I begin I want to say... that I am not a party in the aforementioned sleeping arrangements.

Someone mentioned it best in another thread. Someone who spends most of their current time in another country does not really have a leg to stand on when it comes to what he perceives as foreigners "invading" his own.

Quick question... how come the italians in the roman epic movies all speak with english accents? I mean WTF?

Buzzetta, I don't think we've met. But I think you were at the NY gigs, so we've at least been in the same room.

And the answer is, the same reason all the ladies in Spaghetti westerns have beehive hairdos, lots of eyeliner, and green eyeshadow. That, or afforable overdubbing. Kind of like how all the Japanese cartoons use the same ten Canadians to do the voices. And all the British kids' shows are overdubbed (for the love of god, WHY?) using the same ten Canadians.

Prolly for the same reason that all the English actors in Italian movies speak with Italian accents.

No I am talking about movies such as Gladiator (yes everyone else I know RC is an aussie).

Hey Pregs, you've met me too ;)

On the subject of Barack, did you guys know Oprah is going to join him on the campaign trail in IA, NH and SC? Having her backing him is no slam dunk, but I think the "O" factor is gonna help big time. Go, 'double O' ticket!! :)

Hey Pregs, you've met me too ;)

On the subject of Barack, did you guys know Oprah is going to join him on the campaign trail in IA, NH and SC? Having her backing him is no slam dunk, but I think the "O" factor is gonna help big time. Go, 'double O' ticket!! :)

Did you deliberately use a basketball term because Oprah and Obama are black?

:D

Back
Top Bottom