Morrissey-solo 20 years old today (Feb. 12, 2017)

Today marks 20 years since Morrissey-solo was launched on February 12, 1997. It's been a thrill to work on this site that still consistently averages over 100,000 unique visitors / month. This is a testament to the legacy and interest that Morrissey continually generates and countless small and large contributions from those touched by the music. Thank you to those who have kept it going.

Although it's been through several major redesigns, growing along with the internet itself, in many ways the site is the same as it was when it started - independent and self-supported, open and self-correcting. If you just started visiting or have been for many years, I hope you have enjoyed the freedom that the site allows despite the occasional offense and peril that may have ensued.

20 years to be doing anything I think is a great accomplishment and shows it's here for the long term. I hope you find a project like this to work on that you feel as passionate about.

39654_moz_solo_king_cat_hollywood.jpg

Image for the 20 year anniversary created by King Cat Hollywood, limited edition T-shirts may be available shortly.

UPDATE Mar. 4:
T-shirt purchase details posted by kingcathollywood / Instagram.

Last edited:
You've done an amazing job. It was one of the first sites I found and it is still the go-to place for Moz news. Thanks for all your work all these years, David!

Indeed, a job well done and the place to go for those who want to know.

And for the newcomers, it's good to remember David T. did this for us for more than 20 years.

Good night....and thank you friends.

Hello, it's Suzanne (later Currer Bell) and while I don't mix it up like I used to, here I am to say howdy! If I wasn't here on day one, I was probably here on day two. I was in my last semester at university after having spent my fall semester in Glasgow, a place I chose based upon an internship that never materialized and I thought would be more affordable than London.

Thanks to this website and other fan efforts, I had traveled far and wide to actually see Moz in concert. First, Lowell, MA. Then, Coachella and Vegas. These days, I am old enough that I can regale people with how I went to the very first Coachella fest. This is what I should have focused upon since the drama of what Moz does is relatively meaningless.

My life is not nearly so exciting these days, but I have the memories.

By far the site I've visited more than any other since discovering it back in '97. Crazy how time flies and how nostalgic this flashback makes me feel. Although Morrissey himself seems to take issue with David and the site, if it weren't for this site... I'm not sure my fandom would have remained as intense. Thanks David. Thanks Moz. Here's to 20 more.

Thanks for all your work, David. My browser shows me having bookmarked it on September 11, 1997, so I've almost been there since the beginning. Here's to 20 more.

Congrats David Tsjeng

and we people who make 'solo' a hatefull creche online :rock:

came here first 1999...and still visit this site daily , sometimes just a vieuw from 20 sec, sometimes a bit longer...

C o n g r a t u l a t i o n !!!!!
This website is and always been the first source to check Moz news for me.

Was here from the beginning of this site and reading SYL fanzine before that. Not sure how many would have continued on after the vitriol you've received not only from people here but most notably from Morrissey himself. You provide a valuable service and I, for one, sincerely appreciate it.

Happy Anniversary David :D
I've been here from the beginning, One of the Originals...
Thank you, for all your many years of supporting Morrissey.
You were the 1st to give Fans a place to go too and find out what was going on with Morrissey, and I TRULY appreciate that.
I've met some Truly wonderful people through this site, that I am still friends with today.
I've enjoyed our chats in person through out the years.

Viva Morrissey-Solo!
xoxo
Mozluv

I've been visiting daily since the early days, even though I only registered in 2009.
People often forget that for a very long time this was the ONLY place where one could get regular updates in relation to anything Moz.

Many thanks for all the hard work over the years.

'We are here to stay'.

David, thank you so much for all the information collected on this site. I am relatively new here but quickly caught up with lots of interesting readings.
I hope you´ll receive some kind of appreciation from Moz one day.
nice pic!

iv come onto this e everyday since 2004,even in the old day when nothing would happen for weeks.great site until Benjamin the btcher got his cleaver into it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom