Morrissey-solo upgraded to Xenforo 2.1

Welcome to the upgraded Morrissey-solo, we're now on the latest Xenforo software at version 2.1. Some things may appear the same but under the surface almost everything has changed. Take a look around and if you have any questions or find any bugs please post in this thread. I have incorporated some of the requests and suggestions that have been made on the site but after spending some time with it keep sending feedback.

Some of the new features include 'reactions' which replaces the old ratings system. New options with posts include native emoji support, improved media recognition and improved mobile support. If you want to hide anonymous posts by default that option is now an option in preferences. Emails from the site haven't been working for the last week or so for a different reason, that's being worked on.

This was a major research and development effort over the last year on my end and over the last 5+ years on the Xenforo / add-on developer end. This will set up ease of upgrading in the future and potentially a lot of new features.

Thanks to all who continue to support Morrissey-solo in a positive way. Special thanks goes to @Famous when dead for stepping up to help with the news and tour coverage. I was able to focus on getting this big upgrade done.

Last edited:
I’m not sure what is going on with YouTube videos saying Video Unavailable now.

I’m not sure what is going on with YouTube videos saying Video Unavailable now.
The Mr. Reynolds videos are probably being flagged - they were not playing on my Xbox earlier - before they appeared here as links. I think this site is reflecting YT issues and not having any itself?
(I can only see 6/13 videos on YT)
Regards,
FWD.

The Mr. Reynolds videos are probably being flagged - they were not playing on my Xbox earlier - before they appeared here as links. I this site is reflecting YT issues and not having any itself?
Regards,
FWD.

I would have rated your post interesting. But David took interesting away :(Anyway...

I just played some of the Reynold mixes on his YouTube page.

But they don’t play here, nor did the Cash song Viva posted.

The Mr. Reynolds videos are probably being flagged - they were not playing on my Xbox earlier - before they appeared here as links. I this site is reflecting YT issues and not having any itself?
Regards,
FWD.

Heh heh. You surf Solo on your Xbox?

I have an XBox One S. Use it for the 4K Blu Ray player only.

I would have rated your post interesting. But David took interesting away :(Anyway...

I just played some of the Reynold mixes on his YouTube page.

But they don’t play here, nor did the Cash song Viva posted.
Odd! The videos are linked to things on YT that are not there currently.
PC: windows 10 - firefox & chrome = Cash works fine on that thread and on mobile.
California Son - doesn't work, but isn't on his YT channel either.
YOR - doesn't work - no longer on YT either.
Ringleader - as above - no longer on YT either.
Quarry - as above.
Southpaw - as above.
Vauxhall - as above.
Arsenal - as above.
Regards,
FWD.

Odd! The videos are linked to things on YT that are not there currently.
PC: windows 10 - firefox & chrome = Cash works fine on that thread and on mobile.
California Son - doesn't work, but isn't on his YT channel either.
YOR - doesn't work - no longer on YT either.
Ringleader - as above - no longer on YT either.
Quarry - as above.
Southpaw - as above.
Vauxhall - as above.
Arsenal - as above.
Regards,
FWD.

Yes you’re right. Some of the videos are not playing on his page.

Though Cash for me is not playing on mobile just checked again.

But other videos are playing fine that are posted on the homepage.

Not the first, but thanks again David for putting so much of your effort and energy into this site. As you see from many of the posters, it is truly appreciated.

Off the top of my head looking at the link the "thinking" icon and something to replace "interesting" and "insightful" would be nice.

"Interesting" has been added with the thinking icon. Thanks for the suggestion!

Just one thing: I seem to have lost the feature in the Latest Posts column where I could see the first few words of whatever each of the posters had said. Perhaps this is down to my settings/preferences? It was a useful feature because it told you whether or not it was worth clicking on the link to read the post.

Latest posts widget on the main page has been updated to show excerpts. Also an expanded version is on the Forums page.

@davidt Is it not possible to sort out the function whereby rolling the mouse cursor over the alarm bell alert symbol on the top ribbon to see a quick view of an alert, as opposed to having to click it purposely? It's not a major issue but I preferred having that previous function.

One other thing I've noticed is re: push notifications. In my preferences they're all ticked, & have saved them previously.

If I log out of my desktop, for example, when I log back in again (say next day or whenever) I get a banner pop up at the bottom of the screen asking for my permission to enable them.

In checking preferences I see this:

Enable push notifications
Enabling push notifications requires a supported device. Enabling push notifications will enable them for this device only.
If you log out of this device, you will need to re-enable push notifications.

• Do these just relate to alert notifications?
  • Is there any way to perm enable or disable?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom