Morrissey Central MORRISSEY SPEAKS, NEW YEAR'S EVE 2020

It does look like the inside of Sam's condo in Calabasas with the white walls, but that is the Sunset Marquis. It is really creepy that he had to go to the Sunset Marquis to make a 10 second video so all of you anti American terrorist, even anti California delusional psychopaths thousands of miles away from LA and half a world from LA can conduct digital forensic analysis on the blinds and trace them to the Sunset Marquis. No wonder why California's Son has two live in body guards at his house in Malibu.

I'm really confused. Why are there people posting on this, which I thought was a forum for Morrissey fans, about how much they hate Morrissey and his fans? I just wanted to talk to other people who love him and instead I seem to have come across a long-running argument/problem/troll...it doesn't make me smile. Would anyone like to correspond privately, as an email or postal service penpal, just to nerd out, as the kids say, about Moz? I think I am not in the right place here or at least the wrong post. Please set me straight. I'm new at these kind of things.

I'm really confused. Why are there people posting on this, which I thought was a forum for Morrissey fans, about how much they hate Morrissey and his fans? I just wanted to talk to other people who love him and instead I seem to have come across a long-running argument/problem/troll...it doesn't make me smile. Would anyone like to correspond privately, as an email or postal service penpal, just to nerd out, as the kids say, about Moz? I think I am not in the right place here or at least the wrong post. Please set me straight. I'm new at these kind of things.
There's lots of negative nancies on here. Hissing, groaning, constantly moaning etc.

Feel free to pm me if you want to. 🙂

You can private message me too. I paint Morrissey. Badly, but I do my best. He turned me vegan. At least I try to be vegan.

It does look like the inside of Sam's condo in Calabasas with the white walls, but that is the Sunset Marquis. It is really creepy that he had to go to the Sunset Marquis to make a 10 second video so all of you anti American terrorist, even anti California delusional psychopaths thousands of miles away from LA and half a world from LA can conduct digital forensic analysis on the blinds and trace them to the Sunset Marquis. No wonder why California's Son has two live in body guards at his house in Malibu.
The Sunet Marquis is a hotel in West Hollywood I believe. It has a rock 'n' roll history. Not sure if there is any connection to Morrissey at the hotel.

Didn't Little Richard one of Morrissey's heroes live in a hotel in LA at one point?

Little Richard was a Christian living in Nashville before he died.

The Sunet Marquis is a hotel in West Hollywood I believe. It has a rock 'n' roll history. Not sure if there is any connection to Morrissey at the hotel.

Didn't Little Richard one of Morrissey's heroes live in a hotel in LA at one point?

Morrissey has been staying there since at least the early 90s. Linder took some great pictures of him and the band there, like the bathtub shot later used on the cover of The Very Best Of and the lazy sunbather pool edge pic of him and Gary used on the cover of the Tomorrow single.

SunsetBath.jpg

(The cherry shot also featured in a book documenting the history of the hotel released for its 50th anniversary.)

Sunbather.jpg

He even has his own portrait

Portrait.jpg

Little Richard was living in a different West Hollywood hotel, but the Ramones are also famously linked to the Sunset Marquis

Joey-and-Dee-Dee-Ramone-at-the-Sunset-Marquis-Hotel-West-Hollywood-1977-Photograph-Danny-Fields.jpg

No, continue posting here !

Solo neeeeds love!

POST YOUR LOVE !

LOVE ALWAYS WINS!

don’t lose faith

VIVA MOZ !!!

:cool:

Morrissey has been staying there since at least the early 90s. Linder took some great pictures of him and the band there, like the bathtub shot later used on the cover of The Very Best Of and the lazy sunbather pool edge pic of him and Gary used on the cover of the Tomorrow single.

View attachment 67277
(The cherry shot also featured in a book documenting the history of the hotel released for its 50th anniversary.)

View attachment 67278

View attachment 67279

Little Richard was living in a different West Hollywood hotel, but the Ramones are also famously linked to the Sunset Marquis

View attachment 67280
Great photos! Thank you so much. I had no idea that Morrissey had any connection to the Sunset Marquis.

I think Tom Waits lived in the Tropicana Motel in West Hollywood at one point.

The Ramones have a connection with the Tropicana Motel as well as the Sunset Marquis.

I can't remember the name of the hotel that Little Richard lived in, in West Hollywood. I will have to look it up.

I find it interesting that rich and famous people sometimes live in hotels for periods of time. I know Michael Jackson liked staying in some of the Las Vegas hotels.

Think about the Chelsea Hotel in New York so many great artists stayed there. It reminds me a bit of the Tropicana Motel in West Hollywood.

Great photos! Thank you so much. I had no idea that Morrissey had any connection to the Sunset Marquis.

I think Tom Waits lived in the Tropicana Motel in West Hollywood at one point.

The Ramones have a connection with the Tropicana Motel as well as the Sunset Marquis.

I can't remember the name of the hotel that Little Richard lived in, in West Hollywood. I will have to look it up.

I find it interesting that rich and famous people sometimes live in hotels for periods of time. I know Michael Jackson liked staying in some of the Las Vegas hotels.

Think about the Chelsea Hotel in New York so many great artists stayed there. It reminds me a bit of the Tropicana Motel in West Hollywood.
To me it's quite unfathomable to be honest. How anyone could prefer living in a hotel over the quietness and privacy of a nice house and garden is truly beyond me.

To me it's quite unfathomable to be honest. How anyone could prefer living in a hotel over the quietness and privacy of a nice house and garden is truly beyond me.
I can think of a few reasons for an artist (or any person with enough money) to choose living in a hotel:

- It provides amenities and also protection from intruders.

- No need to deal with household problems such as housekeeping, shopping, paying bills...

- Freedom to come and go as one pleases.

- Travel to different places with pleasant wheather and rewarding cultural experiences...

It can be quite an interesting lifestyle for uprooted souls, I guess.

View attachment 67277

View attachment 67278

View attachment 67279

View attachment 67280
A bumper sticker, bearing his own name on his chauffeured Mini and a portrait of himself over, his table at his regular hotel. If only regular folk could feel the pain of his singularly difficult life.

The hubris is fully palpable.

I can think of a few reasons for an artist (or any person with enough money) to choose living in a hotel:

- It provides amenities and also protection from intruders.

- No need to deal with household problems such as housekeeping, shopping, paying bills...

- Freedom to come and go as one pleases.

- Travel to different places with pleasant wheather and rewarding cultural experiences...

It can be quite an interesting lifestyle for uprooted souls, I guess.

Yes, but if you've got enough money you can have all of these things in your own home as well.
Except for travelling, obviously, but I was talking about choosing to live in a hotel, not stay there during a trip.

(Can't see the video, it's blocked in my country.)

Yes, but if you've got enough money you can have all of these things in your own home as well.
Except for travelling, obviously, but I was talking about choosing to live in a hotel, not stay there during a trip.

(Can't see the video, it's blocked in my country.)

Yes, you can have all of those things in your own home, but they require management. And some people just can't be bothered. I get that.

As for the video, here's another version:

Yes, you can have all of those things in your own home, but they require management. And some people just can't be bothered. I get that.

As for the video, here's another version:

Yes, I get that. I mean, there must be reasons, otherwise people wouldn't do it.
It's still a dreadful thought for me personally though.

View attachment 67277

View attachment 67278

View attachment 67279

View attachment 67280
Morrissey has quite a package between his legs whilst sunbathing...
I notice that Hofmann has been quiet of late!!!
I wonder what on earth he could be doing 😜😜😜

Like Moz Fan, I see that slightly differently. A luxurious hotel comes with niceties like a swimming pool, a sauna, massage, a hairdresser's saloon, room services, valet parking, etc... And perhaps it is a place where you can run into other celebrities and catch up with them. For sure, These people have money to spare: they can afford their own beautiful, private and quiet house as you describe, and still spend a couple of months in expensive hotels every year. And it is not like I envy him for it.

Moreover, I think that some of his heroes also spent longer times at hotels. Oscar Wilde and James Baldwin come to mind. It offered them a privacy that they couldn't get at home, where they were scrutinized and watched for various reasons.

Last edited:
I see that slightly differently. A luxurious hotel comes with niceties like a swimming pool, a sauna, massage, a hairdresser's saloon, room services, valet parking, etc... And perhaps it is a place where you can run into other celebrities and catch up with them. For sure, These people have money to spare: they can afford their own beautiful, private and quiet house as you describe, and still spend a couple of months in expensive hotels every year. And it is not like I envy him for it.
I'm aware.

I was just speaking from a personal perspective. And what you're describing doesn't sound the least bit appealing to me 😂 The thought of having all those people around you all the time - no thanks.

Didn't really mean to turn this into a whole discussion about the perks of hotel life. 😉

Edit: And my initial comment wasn't connected to Morrissey either. I can totally see why he would want to live in a hotel...

Last edited:
I'm aware.

I was just speaking from a personal perspective. And what you're describing doesn't sound the least bit appealing to me 😂 The thought of having all those people around you all the time - no thanks.

Didn't really mean to turn this into a whole discussion about the perks of hotel life. 😉

Don't be mad at me, pleeease. ;)

🥱😴😴😴😴

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom