Morrissey subject of Convince Me To Like This Band podcast ("Super Fan" Jose Maldonado vs. "Hater" Andrew Novick (ex-Warlock Pinchers)

Moz Super Fan attempts to (and kinda, sorta does) convince a Hater!

I work on a music podcast and the latest episode is about Morrissey. It should be available on all podcast platforms but here is a link...
https://linktr.ee/convinceMeToLikeThisBand
and here is a blurb....
Extreme Morrissey "Super Fan," Jose Maldonado (known all over the internet as The Mexican Morrissey), discusses his obsession with The Moz and defends the former Smiths frontman against the charges of intolerable pretension, tawdry melodrama, artistic stagnation and offensive political stances, all of which have been leveled by Morrissey "Hater" Andrew Novick, who, while in the 1980's brat-punk band Warlock Pinchers, penned the brutish and comedic song, “Morrissey Rides A Cockhorse”.

WOULD LOVE TO READ YOUR COMMENTS, if you care to listen and chat Mozzer!

full

convinceme_logo_white_bg (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd discussion I must say...
Singing a song about someone drowning = gloating, eh?

And at least read the lyrics

Oh, one fine day
Let it be soon
She won't be rich or beautiful
But she'll be walking your streets
In the clothes that she went out
And chose for herself.

Eh? Seemed like a pretty positive message to me...

Accuse him of being over dramatic and not subtle enough -- yet you can't even pick up on that!

It's really laughable.
Is it.. ? Good set of Tits, by the way. If they belong to you?

Nobody answerd my earlier question, who is the freak with the hair holding a moz album signed by Benny the British butcher........

Extreme Morrissey "Super Fan," Jose Maldonado (known all over the internet as The Mexican Morrissey), discusses his obsession with The Moz and defends the former Smiths frontman against the charges of intolerable pretension, tawdry melodrama, artistic stagnation and offensive political stances, all of which have been leveled by Morrissey "Hater" Andrew Novick, who, while in the 1980's brat-punk band Warlock Pinchers, penned the brutish and comedic song, “Morrissey Rides A Cockhorse”.

These are supposed to be insults?

How about olanzapine, an antipsychotic for the....... well you all work it out for yourself .. yes little Richard..... better than Jerry Lee Lewis, yes or no...... I prefer little Richard.... he has a greater wig than my own.....was Jerry the better piano player , I really wouldn't know.........
I would have to put Little Richard above Jerry Lee Lewis. In fact, Little Richard would come top of most music related lists. And a few non-music related lists. Are you an Ike Turner fan too?

I would have to put Little Richard above Jerry Lee Lewis. In fact, Little Richard would come top of most music related lists. And a few non-music related lists. Are you an Ike Turner fan?
Your humour is as good as your posts, who knows at this stage of the glourios lock in..... any how I've moved on Hovis...... it's all kicking off here pal...... firestarter, then Roy orbison, pretty woman....now suede, aminal ,,,,,,,,, well the poppers song....

I would have to put Little Richard above Jerry Lee Lewis. In fact, Little Richard would come top of most music related lists. And a few non-music related lists. Are you an Ike Turner fan too?
Ive never known any one to be a ike, bash the wife Turner, fan..... just realised you have a wonderful , sick, humour.. love you even more now, you real ale , bingo sinner....

Totally fair points. The song is juvenile and silly and it also has some regrettably homophobic lines in there. It's really shock-rock and not meant to be taken too seriously. I agree with you that it's brutish and harsh but I don't think it's low-brow, it is just a bit of an infantile joke that nobody should take all that seriously.

I will say this, I was shocked to hear Andrew talk on this episode. He admitted most of the above but also was very thoughtful in his arguments. Surprisingly, he also seemed to have an open mind to Moz and admitted liking some of his lyrics. Hear him out if you have time!
One can call another a ball-flapping dicksucker without being homophobic.

I have to be fair to Jose, in my view he's a genuine guy, heart in the right place. But, you know - the internet - giving anonymous goons freedom to abuse since...whenever the internet started.
The irony of that statement, coming from the top abuser on this site.

Hovis , you shake my nerves and you rattle my small carlisle brain.........

It's all going on at mine....... can any one tell me a better play list than mine at the mo.... Jerry Lee, little Richard..... and in the background is tel avive by moz.... our boss ??

It's all going on at mine....... can any one tell me a better play list than mine at the mo.... Jerry Lee, little Richard..... and in the background is tel avive by moz.... our boss ??
My current playlist, I think you’ll find is better:
Lion Sleeps Tonight-The Tokens
Play for Today-Belle & Sebastian
Filthy-Saint Etienne
Waiting for my Man-Riot Squad
Cold Water Music-AIM
Saturday Night-Bay City Rollers
Horror Head-Curve
Love Minus Zero-Dylan
Psalm-Roxy Music
Brandy Alexander-Feist

Filthy-Saint Etienne
Cold Water Music-AIM
Horror Head-Curve
Love Minus Zero-Dylan
Psalm-Roxy Music
Brandy Alexander-Feist
Well , can i argue with that........in fact yes I can....
Gary glitter..... come on feel the penis
Tight fit...... you were only 12 once..
The Jackson 5 ... did you feel it
Bill withers..... ain't no sunshine once your broken in.....
Morrissey.... every day is blood sunday..
The cure.... Friday I'm in court
The Beatles... suck, suck me do
Beat this olde Hovis......

Filthy-Saint Etienne
Cold Water Music-AIM
Horror Head-Curve
Love Minus Zero-Dylan
Psalm-Roxy Music
Brandy Alexander-Feist
A few on there that I recognise, st Etienne, never cared for Bob, the rollers , well my sister will be pleased, roxy, staple, pyjamarama, not panorama.....belle, not to keen on, are they still alive? Varied at least olde chappo, well done

This guy knows.
He’s murdered Morrissey’s best workings for a while now, and traded on it. The fact Julie rat features brought him to the U.K. twice is even more awful.
Who is Juli The fan!!!!!!

Well , can i argue with that........in fact yes I can....
Gary glitter..... come on feel the penis
Tight fit...... you were only 12 once..
The Jackson 5 ... did you feel it
Bill withers..... ain't no sunshine once your broken in.....
Morrissey.... every day is blood sunday..
The cure.... Friday I'm in court
The Beatles... suck, suck me do
Beat this olde Hovis......
Everyday is Like Sunday, again CB? You need to change the set list. Shake it up a bit! Also, this set list is way too heavy on innuendo.

Tags
morrissey morrissey podcast morrissey rides a cockhorse moz moz podcast mozcast music commentary podcast the mexican morrissey warlock pinchers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom