morrissey talks about gay clubs,public toilets,13 year old midgets, buses

Interesting. The night that Morrissey talks about having to walk all night to get home to Manchester after being chased by thugs -- has James Maker discussed that evening also? Seems to me I vaguely remember him talking about lying on Morrissey's bed, and both of them crying and listening to Patti Smith's Horses.

Interesting. The night that Morrissey talks about having to walk all night to get home to Manchester after being chased by thugs -- has James Maker discussed that evening also? Seems to me I vaguely remember him talking about lying on Morrissey's bed, and both of them crying and listening to Patti Smith's Horses.

Ive read this interview before - one of his best and I love the story he tells of being chased through Manchester.

I'm really curious to know whether James Maker has mentioned this too!!

I thought the James Maker version of the story pretty much outed Morrissey, if I'm remembering correctly (which is questionable, due to my old age). He was saying that the thug-chasing incident made them cry because they realized that as gay men it was most likely their lot in life to be persecuted -- I'm paraphrasing wildly.

It wouldn't surprise me to find, in a couple of years time, Morrissey eulogising the joys of fist-f***ing and water sports.

The correct response to this quote is:

A.):eek:

B.):o

C.):mad:

or

D.):rolleyes:

I thought the James Maker version of the story pretty much outed Morrissey, if I'm remembering correctly (which is questionable, due to my old age). He was saying that the thug-chasing incident made them cry because they realized that as gay men it was most likely their lot in life to be persecuted -- I'm paraphrasing wildly.

Well...that kind of throws a different light on the whole story. How sad :(

If you ask him about it, I predict that he won't be happy to answer your questions.

James Maker answered all my questions personally on myspace, he only stayed there for a few weeks I suppose he's in Spain...

What is a Perry?

"To the north of the city lay the infamous Collyhurst Perrys - a vicious cult of midgets dedicated to Jumbo cords, wedge haircuts, Fred Perry tee-shirts and easy violence. Morrissey remembers them well. So do I, especially the night my skull cracked open under the weight of a specially sharpened heavyweight Perry belt-buckle. (Perrys were always good at CSE metalwork.)"

What is a Perry?

"To the north of the city lay the infamous Collyhurst Perrys - a vicious cult of midgets dedicated to Jumbo cords, wedge haircuts, Fred Perry tee-shirts and easy violence. Morrissey remembers them well. So do I, especially the night my skull cracked open under the weight of a specially sharpened heavyweight Perry belt-buckle. (Perrys were always good at CSE metalwork.)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Perry

Oh my!

I bought this in an old bits n pieces shop in Frome a few years ago.
The poster is now on my wall and is very much a focul point.
Every hour.

xxxxxxx

Back
Top Bottom