Morrissey tattoo---gladiolus?

MindlessRuffian

Señor Member
I'm going tomorrow to have my tattoo drawn up so I can get it done on my 18th birthday (August 17th). I want it to say Morrissey and have gladiolus in it somewhere. I'm not 100% sure of the specific design.

Now, I was trying to find pictures of Moz with gladiolus, but the majority of those are in black & white. What colors did he favor? I thought I'd found one in color, but it turns out he was holding yellow daffodils. Any ideas?

Thank you.

...what color is that? A light pink? Looks flesh-toned.

i would say its a mix between peach and maybe just a hint of orange,i think those are good colors too,they match the skin well,and be weary of too much green,i have known three people that were allergic to the green ink and it totally f***ed up the ink work.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would say its a mix between peach and maybe just a hint of orange,i think those are good colors too,they match the skin well,and be weary of too much green,i have known three people that were allergic to the green ink and it totally f***ed up the ink work.

I'll be sure to be careful with it.

As a matter of opinion, would that color be TOO close to skin tone and look as if it hadn't been colored in much? Should I go out on a limb and do a purple-like color, regardless of Moz's color choice?

I'll be sure to be careful with it.

As a matter of opinion, would that color be TOO close to skin tone and look as if it hadn't been colored in much? Should I go out on a limb and do a purple-like color, regardless of Moz's color choice?

well,obviously the color you choose should maybe be more what you want than what old mozzer may have swung around or stuck up his butt, maybe a nice lilac.i think purples and blues look great.
i have been just getting all my outlining down because i cant make up my mind about what colors to use,i am starting to look like a paint by number.:p

well,obviously the color you choose should maybe be more what you want than what old mozzer may have swung around or stuck up his butt, maybe a nice lilac.i think purples and blues look great.
i have been just getting all my outlining down because i cant make up my mind about what colors to use,i am starting to look like a paint by number.:p

Oh that's a great idea! I was thinking a dark purple, but I think I makes my entire idea a little too...dark. I don't want it to look mournful! A lilac color would be muy bonita...much softer and lighter. :D

Oh, I'm absolutely the same way! I've been toying with this idea for months. I'm so very fickle.

Edit: lol @ "stuck up his butt"

Last edited:
Oh that's a great idea! I was thinking a dark purple, but I think I makes my entire idea a little too...dark. I don't want it to look mournful! A lilac color would be muy bonita...much softer and lighter. :D

Oh, I'm absolutely the same way! I've been toying with this idea for months. I'm so very fickle.

Edit: lol @ "stuck up his butt"

yes,haha at last my art degree has helped someone ! :p

yeah,i have a sleeve basically all outlined and my neck/throat one all outlined but i have have waited for color,though the swallows on the neck have to be blues,but everything else i cant make up my mind.:rolleyes:

yes,haha at last my art degree has helped someone ! :p

yeah,i have a sleeve basically all outlined and my neck/throat one all outlined but i have have waited for color,though the swallows on the neck have to be blues,but everything else i cant make up my mind.:rolleyes:

Haha, in return I shall use my future psychology degree to assist you...assuming you go crazy :p

Atleast you have a start. I'm a bit scared. I'm getting it on my hip...hidden, yet apparently terribly painful.

I hope you're happy, Morrissey! You made me like you so much that I'm willing to put your name on my hip and make my 18th a painful birthday!

Last edited:
Maybe something like this I saw back a while ago on here.

4138229601a4551708378b89429969l.jpg

Lovely and hot.

Haha, in return I shall use my future psychology degree to assist you...assuming you go crazy :p

Atleast you have a start. I'm a bit scared. I'm getting it on my hip...hidden, yet apparently terribly painful.

I hope you're happy, Morrissey! You made me like you so much that I'm willing to put your name on my hip and make my 18th a painful birthday!

the hip can hurt but meh its not that bad,the worst is the elbow,or right on the bone on your wrist,if you are a male any work on the neck can hurt as your adam's apple is moving about,but unless you are a shemale and getting a neck tattoo you wont have that worry. :p

oh my sanity left me years ago,its too late to help me.:rolleyes:

and happy early birthday! :D

the hip can hurt but meh its not that bad,the worst is the elbow,or right on the bone on your wrist,if you are a male any work on the neck can hurt as your adam's apple is moving about,but unless you are a shemale and getting a neck tattoo you wont have that worry. :p

oh my sanity left me years ago,its too late to help me.:rolleyes:

and happy early birthday! :D

Haha, okay. That's a relief. I heard it was going to hurt really bad...people are stupid.

My apologies, I wish I'd became certified sooner.

Thank you very much:D

Haha, okay. That's a relief. I heard it was going to hurt really bad...people are stupid.

My apologies, I wish I'd became certified sooner.

Thank you very much:D

no problem.

you will have to post the results,i am debating my next tattoo,either the swallow on the hand from the vauxhall and i pics or viva hate across my knuckles,i cant decide.

Back
Top Bottom