Morrissey teams up with PETA for ‘Holidays Are Murder on Turkeys’ Campaign

Morrissey Teams Up With PETA for ‘Holidays Are Murder on Turkeys’ Campaign - PETA

41081_41078_Morrissey_flyer_PETA_2017.jpeg

Seattle
– For his November/December U.S. tour, Morrissey has teamed up with PETA to spread his own brand of seasonal cheer: a campaign called “Holidays Are Murder on Turkeys.”

The flier’s specially crafted artwork (viewable here) features photos of Morrissey with animals behind a cartoon image of the veg icon holding aloft a sign bearing the campaign slogan. He has recruited PETA members to hand the fliers to thousands of fans exiting each of his 17 U.S. shows, including performances at the Hollywood Bowl and Madison Square Garden.

“We hope this unique artwork will end up on refrigerators across the country as a reminder that animals shouldn’t be sacrificed for holiday feasts,” says PETA Vice President Dan Mathews.

Morrissey once hosted a PETA Thanksgiving dinner at which a turkey was the guest of honor rather than the main course. For more information, please visit PETA.org.

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Typicallyly amateurish, per PeTA's generationally lame advertising.
This looks like ABC's "How To Be A Millionaire" video! That part I like. But not for Morrissey.

Will Santa be bringing Morrissey another cashmere cardigan?

PETA clearly have no morals and will fawn before any celebrity for publicity, even those whose clothing choices legitmise animal cruelty.

This ludicrous advertisement has a picture of Morrissey seizing hold of a lamb to rob the poor creatures wool.

"little lamb on a hill, run fast if you can
as Morrissey wants another cardigan...." Etc

The sentiment may be laudable, but PETA are dangerously uninformed murdering bastards. A ridiculous rabble.

Being a complete abolitionist vegan I also find much fault with PETA. I've softened my stance on them over the years because they do a lot of good. Hypocritical to the max though. Some of their policies are just absurd and not ethical at all. I guess you could also say that about Moz but Moz has done tons for animals as well so the shortcomings of both doesn't cancel out the good. As far as the infamous "cashmere" sweater...there is a possibility it is not wool.

Being a complete abolitionist vegan I also find much fault with PETA. I've softened my stance on them over the years because they do a lot of good. Hypocritical to the max though. Some of their policies are just absurd and not ethical at all. I guess you could also say that about Moz but Moz has done tons for animals as well so the shortcomings of both doesn't cancel out the good. As far as the infamous "cashmere" sweater...there is a possibility it is not wool.

No there isn't. What evidence to do you have to the contrary?

The statement " it is wool ", or " it is acrylic " is a useful one cause you can try to prove it is.
The statement "it isn't wool " or " it isn't acrylic " is not a useful one cause by not finding any evidence for it still doesn't mean it isn't.
The existence of evidence, is proof.
Absence of evidence isn't.

The statement " it is wool ", or " it is acrylic " is a useful one cause you can try to prove it is.
The statement "it isn't wool " or " it isn't acrylic " is not a useful one cause by not finding any evidence for it still doesn't mean it isn't.
The existence of evidence, is proof.
Absence of evidence isn't.

Don't be ridiculous. The website statement was unambiguous. I was asking for evidence to the contrary.

Their members are socially incompetent and trying to talk with them results in you having a discussion with a young girl who grunts her opinions from under the tash she grew cause she is cold from her anemia.

I wanna hang them all in their Palestine scarves they are mocking.

Well least we know the album cover could have been worse...
They would have just put up a Christmas tree, three photoshopped turkeys, and had him hold up a candy cane dripping with fake blood. It's far too subtle as is to be considered album cover material.

Never had turkey in my life. They only have it in the south of Sweden and in Denmark. But they speak like they do cause they never swallow their porridge.

Awesome, top mental! Reckon around Thanksgiving time he is hitting the big Midwest meat eating cities (Chicago on Nov 25) I reckon how those slobs are going to respond? Should be interesting at the Argogogon Ballroom.

Will Santa be bringing Morrissey another cashmere cardigan?

PETA clearly have no morals and will fawn before any celebrity for publicity, even those whose clothing choices legitmise animal cruelty.

This ludicrous advertisement has a picture of Morrissey seizing hold of a lamb to rob the poor creatures wool.

"little lamb on a hill, run fast if you can
as Morrissey wants another cardigan...." Etc

nah, but I think Santa will be bringing M a vegan-friendly cardigan like the one he might already have.

:thumb:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom