Morrissey to appear on Jimmy Fallon / Tonight Show on the 13th May, 2019

Further to the post announcing it on Morrissey Central, the NBC / Fallon site now confims an appearance on Monday, 13th of May.

(11:35 / 10:35 pm Central).

full

https://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep got me, I did make a throwaway comment about Spencer. Here is something I find pretty dumb, "In thinking about immigration and migration, I could not care less whether someone filled out the paperwork correctly or passed a civics exam. I oppose the immigration of an African who waits his turn and genuinely ‘wants to be an American’; conversely, I would gladly accept thousands of ‘Swedish boat people’ who wash up on the shores."

Watching him throw Nazi salutes in a bar while Milo was singing 'America the Beautiful' I found to be pretty dumb as well. Don't punch Richard though, just let the dumb c*** rise and fall by the quality of his ideas.

So, you provided me with one quote that you found just now when you googled 'Richard Spencer quotes' and found an ibtimes article entitled '12 quotes of Richard Spencer'.
That's not specifically what you objected to though, because you found that quote after I asked the question about what you objected to. You went looking for things that you object to, you didn't know off-hand, only that he's a "thicko white nationalist" -- second hand information you might have got from Milo two years ago.
And aren't you the guy who said you don't have to agree with everything a person says? That you agree with some of what Ben Shapiro says for example, and disagree with other things like the fact that he wants to ethnically cleanse Palestinians (although he said that years ago so you hoped he's "had a change of heart since then"), but that doesn't stop you reposting stuff from Shapiro that you do agree with.

Anyway you found one quote from Richard Spencer that you dislike -- a quote that's no different to what the American Founding Fathers believed, along with probably 35 or 36 of the 45 US Presidents overall. With that in mind, throwing up Roman salutes while America the Beautiful is being sung is not inaccurate. I don't have to remind you that the USA was essentially established as a white ethnostate which the Naturalization Act of 1790 laid out, and more or less remained that way up until the mid-1960s (at which point it was still 85% white; whiter than England and France are today).

There was some immigration from Asian countries which Coolidge cracked down on in his immigration act in 1924, and some from Mexico/Puerto Rico etc., and of course the slave trade which doesn't really count as "immigration", but apart from that the history of American immigration for over 150 years post-revolution really was Swedish/Polish/German/Italian/Irish "boat people", so if you found his comment "pretty dumb" then I don't know what to tell you.

That's not the America that Milo was visualizing when he sang "America the Beautiful" of course, I'm not sure which eras he holds near and dear to his heart, the Reagan/Bush Sr. and Jr. eras possibly? The hyper-capitalist neo-con eras, not much different than today although we can see the rot a bit clearer now. For most of America's history he couldn't have lived there safely with his black 'husband', and I say "lived" literally because there's a reasonable chance that the two of them would have been lynched. So what was he singing about? I would say "let Milo rise and fall by the quality of his ideas" too, if he had any.

If Ben Shapiro had made the same comment as Spencer, but about Israel rather than the USA, would you also find that "pretty dumb" or would you nod your head approvingly for reasons unbeknownst both to you and to me?

So, you provided me with one quote that you found just now when you googled 'Richard Spencer quotes' and found an ibtimes article entitled '12 quotes of Richard Spencer'.
That's not specifically what you objected to though, because you found that quote after I asked the question about what you objected to. You went looking for things that you object to, you didn't know off-hand, only that he's a "thicko white nationalist" -- second hand information you might have got from Milo two years ago.
And aren't you the guy who said you don't have to agree with everything a person says? That you agree with some of what Ben Shapiro says for example, and disagree with other things like the fact that he wants to ethnically cleanse Palestinians (although he said that years ago so you hoped he's "had a change of heart since then"), but that doesn't stop you reposting stuff from Shapiro that you do agree with.

Anyway you found one quote from Richard Spencer that you dislike -- a quote that's no different to what the American Founding Fathers believed, along with probably 35 or 36 of the 45 US Presidents overall. With that in mind, throwing up Roman salutes while America the Beautiful is being sung is not inaccurate. I don't have to remind you that the USA was essentially established as a white ethnostate which the Naturalization Act of 1790 laid out, and more or less remained that way up until the mid-1960s (at which point it was still 85% white; whiter than England and France are today).

There was some immigration from Asian countries which Coolidge cracked down on in his immigration act in 1924, and some from Mexico/Puerto Rico etc., and of course the slave trade which doesn't really count as "immigration", but apart from that the history of American immigration for over 150 years post-revolution really was Swedish/Polish/German/Italian/Irish "boat people", so if you found his comment "pretty dumb" then I don't know what to tell you.

That's not the America that Milo was visualizing when he sang "America the Beautiful" of course, I'm not sure which eras he holds near and dear to his heart, the Reagan/Bush Sr. and Jr. eras possibly? The hyper-capitalist neo-con eras, not much different than today although we can see the rot a bit clearer now. For most of America's history he couldn't have lived there safely with his black 'husband', and I say "lived" literally because there's a reasonable chance that the two of them would have been lynched. So what was he singing about? I would say "let Milo rise and fall by the quality of his ideas" too, if he had any.

If Ben Shapiro had made the same comment as Spencer, but about Israel rather than the USA, would you also find that "pretty dumb" or would you nod your head approvingly for reasons unbeknownst both to you and to me?

Yes of course I found the quite AFTER you asked me what I objected. What was I supposed to do, read your mind and post it in advance of your question??? First off Richard Spencer is someone that believes that races should be kept separate, that to me is dumb. Since you were asking for specificity I went looking for a quote that specifically outlined what I think was dumb about Spencer. I think White nationalism is dumb. What can I say? You asked why, I gave you my reason why with supporting quote. I find the Nazi 'Heil Hitler' salute odious. While you might dress it up as a 'Roman salute' which I assume is its origin we BOTH sure as hell know who Richard Spencer was referencing when he did it and it sure as hell wasn't Ceaser. So yeah that THICKO WHITE NATIONALIST can go f*** himself.

As to Shapiro's quote I'm confused why you keep coming back to something he wrote over a decade ago and that he has literally disavowed a number of times, yet you try and position it as his current stance. Not very honest of you. There is a shit ton I've been disagreeing with Shapiro about lately but I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt when he says he now disavows that comment. As far as I know Richard Spencer hasn't disavowed any of his stances around white ethno states so I'm not sure why you try and compare the two. It's literally apples and oranges.

Why 'husband' and not husband? Do you not view them as a legitimate married couple?

Just out of interest is it that Milo has specifically said that you object to?
What I was thinking when I posted my comment was that Milo Y and Buttigieg might have some Point Counterpoint thing happen as they represent different political views. And that type of discussion might encourage said third guest to feel he should speak freely as well and say something wince worthy.

Yep got me, I did make a throwaway comment about Spencer. Here is something I find pretty dumb, "In thinking about immigration and migration, I could not care less whether someone filled out the paperwork correctly or passed a civics exam. I oppose the immigration of an African who waits his turn and genuinely ‘wants to be an American’; conversely, I would gladly accept thousands of ‘Swedish boat people’ who wash up on the shores."

Watching him throw Nazi salutes in a bar while Milo was singing 'America the Beautiful' I found to be pretty dumb as well. Don't punch Richard though, just let the dumb c*** rise and fall by the quality of his ideas.

But........Swedes are hot.

@The Truth if you have a moment maybe you can explain to me why, in your opinion, bhops says that white nationalism is dumb and also that he has a problem with the concept of "white ethnostates" (which was basically every European country along with the USA, Canada, and Australia pre-1960s/70s)--- while at the same time he supports Jewish nationalism and Israel as an expansionist Jewish/Zionist ethnostate to the point that on this website in the past he has defended the mass murder of Palestinians by Israeli armed forces? There seems to be a bit of conflict in his way of thinking, it appears to me.

I would ask him about it but with all due respect I'm not convinced that he's entirely sure himself of the exact reasons why he holds these beliefs. If he had well thought out reasons for supporting Zionism while shirking "thicko white nationalists" then surely he would have provided them by now because there have been plenty of opportunities to do so already. I can't remember ever seeing from him any kind of coherent exposition of his views. Always just a series of denials about what he definitely doesn't believe, but never a whole lot about what he does believe, if indeed he believes in anything concrete. Maybe it's all just about triggering SJWs with "fun trolly" guys like Milo without much more substance to it than that.

I have a couple of inklings about it and what the support of Israel is all about and I was tempted to delve deeper into his psyche to find answers, but I don't want to cause a big ado which goes on for 40 more pages so I'll refrain from doing that for now.

(Also he'll disagree with my use of the word 'ethnostate' to describe Israel as he'll argue that being Jewish isn't an ethnicity, but I have my reasons for using that specific term, which I believe is accurate: however I might go into that another time too as I'm remaining disciplined for now to avoid unnecessarily time-consuming and ultimately unenlightening back and forths, if possible. Between the It's not about politics, Site moderation feedback, SJW pron display, and a couple of other threads, we must be at over 200 combined pages -novella length in word count - and I can't recall one thing of value that has been learned. Just the word 'nazi' being used more times than during a wartime radio broadcast. Thanks again for your contributions @Ketamine Sun.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_Law:_Israel_as_the_Nation-State_of_the_Jewish_People

I noticed that, too. Was wondering if it was purely a random gay day programming or if something was being commemorated that was off my radar.

Milo Ventimiglia isn’t gay though. Nothing online has even a whiff of a rumor so where are you getting that from?

One of the bad things about streaming is I lost some local channels. No NBC for me so I won’t be able to watch this tonight. Hope someone records it and posts it later. Thanks in advance!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom