Morrissey to on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson April 18

I'm surprised theres been no speculation in this thread as to what mozza will be playing; i mean, it could be something NEW, people!!! :)
or this could at least provide opportunity for another cleaner version of one of the new songs, i personally hope its "Mama," but i'm thinking it'll probably be "Skull" ...

what say you?:D

Also btw, Craig Ferguson just beat Conan in the ratings (both w/ orig. episodes, that is) for the first time EVER last week.

Ratings, in the U.S., aren't any indicator of quality. Leno has almost always beaten Letterman. Ferguson's stream-of-consciousness monologue's are funny but he'll taper into lowest-common-denominator questions during interviews, just like Leno. The highest grossing movies are no indication of what is best. Pop culture in America sucks, which is why we hover just under the radar with artists like Morrissey. Better for us I say.

I miss Craig Kilborn.

Me too, I was just saying the other night that his acting career is obviously going no where so he should just come back to late night tv. Maybe he'll take over for David Letterman when Letterman finally retires? Besides Kilby has the best Morrissey impersonation :)

Ratings, in the U.S., aren't any indicator of quality. Leno has almost always beaten Letterman. Ferguson's stream-of-consciousness monologue's are funny but he'll taper into lowest-common-denominator questions during interviews, just like Leno.
You know, I can agree with you, to a certain degree.
That being said, late-night television is a bit different. I think ratings can indicate who is better -- or at least, who's doing better bits every night.
As far as the Leno phenomenon, a lot of that has to do with his predecessor Mr Carson, as you probably know. I agree that Letterman is better than Leno, by far, but that his higher ratings can be explained away by 90-year-old fogies not wanting to change.

(Sorry, this is my previous post, continued; for some reason i can't post it all together)

Now as far as his interview questions, I can't speak to that right now, because I'm not informed enough.
I will say this: what truly and finally converted me was the way Ferguson stood up to the truly disgusting (IMO) Bill Maher.
Maher began to make a joke about children, a sick one, and Ferguson, being a parent himself, cut Maher off at that very moment (much to Maher's surprise) and cut to commercial, ending Maher's time on the program. Many hosts wouldn't have the moxie to do that, and I commend him for it.

You know, I can agree with you, to a certain degree.
That being said, late-night television is a bit different. I think ratings can indicate who is better -- or at least, who's doing better bits every night.
As far as the Leno phenomenon, a lot of that has to do with his predecessor Mr Carson, as you probably know. I agree that Letterman is better than Leno, by far, but that his higher ratings can be explained away by 90-year-old fogies not wanting to change.

Ratings surely indicate who is doing better and don't necessarily account for quality. Understanding peoples allegiance to the Tonight's Show, I see Leno's audience as younger people who can only grasp this LCD mentality. It is embarrassing as an American.
As far as Maher, I am glad that there is someone with a high profile that challenges conservative ideals, but any tasteless joke regarding children is out of line.

[...] but any tasteless joke regarding children is out of line.

Exactly.

Here's the snippet of interview that Maher makes his disgusting little "joke". It's not that he's making fun of MJ, it's the way he presents the joke. everyone who watches it will see what i mean...

Ferguson is visibly bothered and immediately cuts from Maher. Look at Maher's surprised reaction, ha... :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zx2o9C12yo

also, it doesn't hurt that Craig Ferguson is SCOTTISH, does it?! :D
Well, actually, he's American now, he took his US Citizenship oath a few weeks ago; he did quite a few hilarious bits about it. :)

great guy. :D

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^ here's the youtube thing i was speaking about in the above post, embedded.

(i don't know what's wrong w/ my computer; i can't post anything very long!)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1zx2o9C12yo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1zx2o9C12yo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

^ That doesn't look like cutting him off much to me. But I get ya. Maher just wanted to tell more jokes, not necessarily continue that one... and Ferg doesn't look too bothered, he seemed to laugh at it. I know, sometimes you laugh cuz you can't believe what someone just said. Don't be mad at me, Unwitting -I'm just an "observer" ;)

I think Craig Kilborn looks like Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age--and also frinky)
bad pic of Craig but the only one on Photobucket

Craig.jpg
Josh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom