Morrissey turns 59 - May 22, 2018

Morrissey turns 59 on May 22, 2018

Link posted by Famous When Dead:

Happy Birthday Morrissey - Morrissey Central

43147_thisismorrissey.jpg

Last edited:
Morrissey will be remembered as a man of promise, who squandered his opportunity in the name of baseless self-righteousness and hypocrisy.

You're pretty vague, but if you think Morrissey's body of work and influence will be forgotten because outside the music he had some fairly universal human traits like hypocrisy, that's silly.
It appears Morrissey must have said some things you disagreed with, oh you poor boy.

The reasons I like Morrissey: 1. A ton of fantastic songs over the decades; 2. Great live performances; 3. Beyond the music, used his celebrity to advance animal rights; 4. I like his style and glamour.
The things I see some of you getting so angry about seem so irrelevant it's absurd.
And it doesn't actually even matter if an artist was likable as a person when all's said and done. Which isn't to say Morrissey isn't a likable person, but any browsing of the life stories of the world's greatest and most cherished artists is filled with tales of all sorts of bad traits, and most of all, shocking degrees of selfishness (which may be a necessary trait to be a great artist).

You're pretty vague, but if you think Morrissey's body of work and influence will be forgotten because outside the music he had some fairly universal human traits like hypocrisy, that's silly.
It appears Morrissey must have said some things you disagreed with, oh you poor boy.

The reasons I like Morrissey: 1. A ton of fantastic songs over the decades; 2. Great live performances; 3. Beyond the music, used his celebrity to advance animal rights; 4. I like his style and glamour.
The things I see some of you getting so angry about seem so irrelevant it's absurd.
And it doesn't actually even matter if an artist was likable as a person when all's said and done. Which isn't to say Morrissey isn't a likable person, but any browsing of the life stories of the world's greatest and most cherished artists is filled with tales of all sorts of bad traits, and most of all, shocking degrees of selfishness (which may be a necessary trait to be a great artist).
Nah. His early work work with, with the Smiths and first 3 albums will be remembered as brilliant. His output for the past 15 years has been - largely - garbage. ...and for many of those years, - the non-musical bullshit he’s spewed has been of more consequence than the music itself. One need look no further than this site for confirmation.

Those considered the world’s great artists all have one thing in common, that Morrissey doesn’t share. They’re consistent in the their musical offerings, putting their music first. Many have also had the grace to bow out or have shuffled off this mortal coil while at their peak. Morrissey’s lyrics and band are complete circus of GARBAGE now. You’re free to disagree and you’re free to defend his overt political nonsense. ...but you also stated, above, that you watch Fox News. At that point, I’m gonna have to take your reaching apologist justification for what it’s worth. ...and it ain’t much, kiddo. ;)

Nah. His early work work with, with the Smiths and first 3 albums will be remembered as brilliant. His output for the past 15 years has been - largely - garbage. ...and for many of those years, - the non-musical bullshit he’s spewed has been of more consequence than the music itself. One need look no further than this site for confirmation.

YES CONFIRMATION!!:swear No more MOZ MUSIC!! NO MAS!!

Instead, we will have DRAMATIC SUPER SUCKY COMET MUSIC!!

The comet is coming CALL THE COMET!:ahhh:

but, if comet music is not sucky enough for you, we have something special
Drama J and Maxine:

:disappointed:
Sucky you think? Not sucky enough, Sucky Music Lovers? Well, brace yourself, Drama is about to release a whole album of his
Maxine stuff.:confounded:

Drama J and Maxine:

Sucky you think? Not sucky enough, Sucky Music Lovers? Well, brace yourself, Drama is about to release a whole album of his

When you graduate primary school, provided you’ve attained a basic grasp of literacy and general comprehension, you’ll find interesting substitutions for the term “sucky”, champ.

Drama J and Maxine:

I enjoyed that. She has a natural storytelling voice, and the music was driving, yet unobtrusive. It worked for the narrative style she was using. That guy. He sure can adapt and work well with others. He must be well liked in the music community.

When you graduate primary school, provided you’ve attained a basic grasp of literacy and general comprehension, you’ll find interesting substitutions for the term “sucky”, champ.

All GREAT artists have ONE thing in common: CONSISTENCY!!! Yes for sure.:paranoid:
According to our resident brainiac!! IF HE SAYS THAT CONSISTENCY is key to
greatness then IT IS!! He is a veritable genius who can talk and walk at the same time:bow:

groups like DRAMA J and JAMES and NEW ORDER are CONSISTENT GROUPS!
all their material lacks lyrical coherence, have no melody and the backings and recording
set ups are amateurisho_O They are CONSISTENTLY SUCKY!! can you think of a Drama J
or James song that is NOT SUCKY? that doesn't suck monkey balls? NO therefore they are
consistent!! they fall into the GREAT SUCKY MUSIC!! In other words you have your sucky
music and then you have your SUCKY music. DJ, JAMES and NO fall into this latter category.
(there are some sub genres, like Awful Sucky Music, which is very difficult to pinpoint,but that
Maxine stuff falls squarely into this category:mad:. Barely listenable at all)

Soon all of this will not matter, it will all be irrelevant, once we get reset by the Comet.:flamethrow:

I enjoyed that. She has a natural storytelling voice, and the music was driving, yet unobtrusive. It worked for the narrative style she was using. That guy. He sure can adapt and work well with others. He must be well liked in the music community.

You must have an ear for sucky music.:clap: Tests have shown that normal people cant make it thru one listen of that sucky Maxine/DJ track.:mask:
Yes he is,in the Sucky Music community he has no peer. Drama J reigns supreme.
A whole album they will be making shortly with DJ using his plastic blue electric guitar.:guitar:
A reason to live, for sucky music fans.

"Morrissey will be remembered as a man of promise, who squandered his opportunity in the name of baseless self-righteousness and hypocrisy."

I copied this from an anonymous post because it struck me as to how close his musical legacy will be viewed in the end, but with a few tweaks.

Morrissey will be remembered as a man who created beautiful lyrics, who touched so many hearts in need of touching, who squandered opportunities through a heightened sense of self-righteousness, self-indulgence and at times hypocrisy.

But to add...his contribution to music cannot be simply measured by the weight of the lyrics themselves, but the influence he has had on many bands who like myself found value and inspiration in what he managed to forge from a bedroom in Manchester.

It is all too easy to discard his extreme contributions based on his most recent verbal escapades in the world of modern politics, but ultimately his words of today will fall to the ground left to wither as so many fall leaves, but his lyrics will never leave me, or many of us I would guess, and that is what will be passed down from generation to generation. There will always be loneliness and heartache, and a feeling of being an outsider and that is where he will remain to be there for those to come who aren't yet to be imagined, nor could they ever imagine that a man ever lived that understood them so well.

There's only one explanation for all you people not giving a shit about STILL supporting a repulsive right-wing bigot, and that's that you don't care because you're the same. That's it, isn't it?
Think of it this way: It's a subject many of us already have years of experience on, so that alone makes the subject of Morrissey relevant to us. It's like being a history buff, and wanting to observe, and debate the biographical minutiae of a historical figure, while sometimes remarking, "Can you believe he said that shit?"

It's a bit of slow soap opera that even disgruntled fans can take some pleasure in.

I don't wish Morrissey ill. I hope he doesn't experience bad health, or become destitute, but he needs to be taken down a notch. His arrogance is unattractive, and priggish, and he boldly spreads misinformation, and conspiracy theories.

Take the immigrant fear mongering out of the equation, and you still have a man who was deluded enough to fake an interview in order to promote his own agenda, and agreed to write a book that for anyone who read it, knows even he didn't take seriously.

Yes, I think he's become a bit of a clown at this stage of the game, but I don't see the need to defend him like he's my child.

After all, it's just his birthday. It's not his funeral, and I seriously doubt that he wants, or needs your sympathy.

Morrissey knows what being a crazed fan is like. He sees the illness in the adulation, and I'm certain he has probably snickered about it to himself many times.

Happy Birthday to Morrissey, my favourite human. One of the few people that truly stands up for animals. Keep the albums coming, they really do light up my life. Also I love 'messages from Morrissey'.

Wishing happy birthday to himself using Morrissey Central? I wonder what happened with True To You. They didn't submit enough to him? Or they gave up cause they didn't want to be a tool?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom