Morrissey vs other artists at 60

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
He was singing Sound. Cool thing about James is I was checking their setlists leading up to the show and they were all different so I had no idea what to expect. I know Morrissey gets a lot of crap for not changing up his setlist during his tours but to be fair to him, not many artists do. While I have your attention Surface, I would like to thank you for introducing me to Suede a few years back. Now if they would ever tour the US... The Blue Hour was just excellent!
They just announced a Coming Up-tour today. I'm not sure about the US though.

I think Morrissey has aged pretty gracefully artistic wise. I'll take him over most artists in his age group. My experience has been that younger people seem to like his newer stuff more than older stuff. Maybe it's the production but his voice had aged like wine

Why don’t we compare Morrissey, at 60, to Morrissey at 25, or even 40, to get some real perspective. I don’t think any other artist has declined so much. The talent in his early days was incredible. Now it’s f***ing garbage.

Why don’t we compare Morrissey, at 60, to Morrissey at 25, or even 40, to get some real perspective. I don’t think any other artist has declined so much. The talent in his early days was incredible. Now it’s f***ing garbage.

Have you seen the sad trolls
Tearing down, shooting down
Morrissey’s new music?
*electronic elephant wails*

''The Next Day'' came out exactly 3 years prior to Boiwie's death, hardly a last grasp. Also not trying to be morbid, but we can never tell which is Morrissey's last grasp.
Also Pet Shop Boys''"Electric'' and ''Hotspot'' , and Nick Cave's ''Skeleton Tree'' are better than Morrissey's last albums. Which is a question of point of view but this is what this thread is for.

Nick Cave is a good example. Skeleton Tree was critically acclaiimed, it resulted in Nick Cave playing sold out arenas and festival headliners. Also, the profound sadness caused by the sudden loss of his teenage son touched many people.

I suppose Thatcher Thewlis was referring to Blackstar album by David Bowie, released 2 days after his death.

Nick Cave is a good example. Skeleton Tree was critically acclaiimed, it resulted in Nick Cave playing sold out arenas and festival headliners. Also, the profound sadness caused by the sudden loss of his teenage son touched many people.

I suppose Thatcher Thewlis was referring to Blackstar album by David Bowie, released 2 days after his death.
Three days prior to his death.

:neutral:

its really controversial to acknowledge that 'james' and 'new order' are sucko sucky groups that suck
:pig::baseball::baseball:s
doh:

the dork from james with the bald head and the stupid clairol bottle fu manchu:frowning:
and the chubby dudes from NO have been know to suck for years. only skinny and
his lackluster pseud 'surface' would find this fact controversial FFS:neutral:

No I was referring to The Next Day and Blackstar, two acclaimed albums. The last one because of the timing and the first one because it came after 10 years of silence. The albums prior to that, though enjoyable, were hardly career highlights and didn’t gain much interest critically or commercially. And aren’t any better than Morrissey’s latest.

Good thread!

Won't post YT links, but Bowie's last two albums are fantastic. Pet Shop Boys' Electric and the new record is great. McCartney's ''Chaoes and creation....'' is in his top5 solo record in my opinion. Iggy's Post-pop depression was pretty good, too.

"Chaos and Creation" is McCartney's late-career masterpiece, it's better than 90% of his solo stuff.

No I was referring to The Next Day and Blackstar, two acclaimed albums. The last one because of the timing and the first one because it came after 10 years of silence. The albums prior to that, though enjoyable, were hardly career highlights and didn’t gain much interest critically or commercially. And aren’t any better than Morrissey’s latest.

Exactly. But we talk about records by over 60 year-old artists, so only his last two counts. And both are far superior to Morrissey's recent records.

Exactly. But we talk about records by over 60 year-old artists, so only his last two counts. And both are far superior to Morrissey's recent records.

I like Bowie but I thought Blackstar was dull even though I respect what he was going for. As far as albums with artists facing their own mortality I think George Harrison's Brainwashed is a better send off

Back
Top Bottom