Morrissey's friend forging new alliances

I Take it you’re very close to Morrissey?
Your claim to know so much, would suggest so.
The reality is. You know the same as the rest on here. Scraps.

My own father once described my gig going as “unhealthy” - maybe it was/is, who knows. But what I read form you, seems to me like you’re brainwashed and devoid of any realism.

Don't be daft - it's just reading his press cuttings & his autobiography & seeing the things that reoccur.

It's the same research you'd do for anything.

What stays private doesn't matter to his public image.

Don't be daft - it's just reading his press cuttings & his autobiography & seeing the things that reoccur.

It's the same research you'd do for anything.

What stays private doesn't matter to his public image.
To be honest, I take very little of what he says seriously.
I genuinely see you as a bright person, interesting also but, feel you’re almost radicalised by his words.
Which in actual fact, are probably more said to mislead that are fact.
He can do better than all this crap that’s followed him of late. Starting with reversing the below average albums trend.

Neither has he relinquished his wealth (which is a product of the class system) nor has he even done anything meaningful to ameliorate the worst effects of class for those who are structurally disadvantaged by it. On the contrary, your hero is a money-grubbing tax exile.

Singers aren't dependant on the class system & policies change people's lives, your taxes haven't done much good in England for a decade.

As of now, the launch of the new album may limited to becoming no more than a pipe dream stretching into the future. What record label will want to touch him now without the inevitable blowback that will ensue? Take yer pick there.
Any promotional interviews won’t be about the music. Scratch that notion entirely. It’ll be about the politics. It’ll be all of the past comments that’ve bitten him constantly and consistently hard since the 1986 Frank Owen interview.
But the usuals will excuse everything. It’s what they’re known to do.

It’s a mad mad mad Uncleskinny world !!!

:crazy: :drama::swear doh:

I genuinely see you as a bright person, interesting also but, feel you’re almost radicalised by his words.
He can do better than all this crap that’s followed him of late. Starting with reversing the below average albums trend.
o_O
im ready to be convinced that this:handpointup:
is the re encarnation of old Barnaby Evennow Jones:openmouth:

She's never been his friend. She's never met him. He didn't join her party. He hasn't mentioned her for 2 years. He first mentioned her in 2017, the same year he backed Jeremy Corbyn.

You're the disgrace - giving her publicity because you hate a pop singer.

I actually think Uncleskinny works for Waters and For Britain.

Out of interest, how do you know she's never met him? He did say this in 2019 - “The UK is a dangerously hateful place now, and I think we need someone to put a stop to the lunacy and to speak for everyone,” he said. “I see [For Britain leader] Anne Marie Waters as this person. She is extremely intelligent, ferociously dedicated to this country, she is very engaging, and also very funny at times.
Oh, yes. And didn’t he describe her as “a humane Thatcher” too? Who says this?

Singers aren't dependant on the class system & policies change people's lives, your taxes haven't done much good in England for a decade.
"Singers", like everybody else, are both a product, and an integral part of, the class system. "Morrissey" manufactures product on behalf of large corporations (sometimes) and they then sell said product to customers. He props up and profits from the very system you claim he "hates".

Saying that public revenue hasn't been spent to good effect during the last decade, or any other period of time, isn't an argument for evading your responsibilities and contributing nothing.

I'm only interested in the story that's told about him. Real life is the boring bits left in & all that.

As of now, the launch of the new album may limited to becoming no more than a pipe dream stretching into the future. What record label will want to touch him now without the inevitable blowback that will ensue? Take yer pick there.
Any promotional interviews won’t be about the music. Scratch that notion entirely. It’ll be about the politics. It’ll be all of the past comments that’ve bitten him constantly and consistently hard since the 1986 Frank Owen interview.
But the usuals will excuse everything. It’s what they’re known to do.
The problem with signing Morrissey isn't really about whether he'll do (or what he'll say in) interviews.
It's about whether the radio stations change their mind and start playing his new songs again. He had guaranteed airplay from Europe's biggest station (Radio 2) before he went on record to express his intention to vote for 'For Britain' and urged others to support them too.
Since 2019 Radio 2 (and other Morrissey-friendly stations e.g. Radio X and 6 Music) have refused to play his new songs. If this policy stays, sales will remain a tiny trickle as evinced by Dog on a Chain. Having said that, there are acts around whose albums have similarly low sales to Dog on a Chain like the Flaming Lips and Jarvis Cocker, so it's not unthinkable that an offer will be made, albeit with much worse terms than anything he's been offered in the past.

I assume Peter thinks Sir Rodney Starmer will cure his ills and stamp out racism for good. Jews aside, naturally.

"Singers", like everybody else, are both a product, and an integral part of, the class system. "Morrissey" manufactures product on behalf of large corporations (sometimes) and they then sell said product to customers. He props up and profits from the very system you claim he "hates".

Saying that public revenue hasn't been spent to good effect during the last decade, or any other period of time, isn't an argument for evading your responsibilities and contributing nothing.

If you're arguing the workers shouldn't work, how are they going to pay their taxes? And where does that leave direct action if everyone had to pay the poll tax?

If you're arguing the workers shouldn't work, how are they going to pay their taxes? And where does that leave direct action if everyone had to pay the poll tax?
Your reference to the fundamentally regressive poll-tax is disingenuous. HMRC wouldn't impose on Morrissey, or any other UK multi-millionaire, taxes they can't afford to pay.

I'm saying that people, by definition, occupy different positions in the class structure and that those, like Morrissey, who are at the apex of that structure have a choice about whether or not to hold onto, and enjoy, their unearned wealth and status. If he chooses to luxuriate in the position the class system has given him, he has the privilege of being free to do so. If, however, he genuinely "hates the class system" - as you claim - then he really can't do that.

Your reference to the fundamentally regressive poll-tax is disingenuous. HMRC wouldn't impose on Morrissey, or any other UK multi-millionaire, taxes they can't afford to pay.

I'm saying that people, by definition, occupy different positions in the class structure and that those, like Morrissey, who are at the apex of that structure have a choice about whether or not to hold onto, and enjoy, their unearned wealth and status. If he chooses to luxuriate in the position the class system has given him, he has the privilege of being free to do so. If, however, he genuinely "hates the class system" - as you claim - then he really can't do that.

He's a worker - he earned it by writing songs & playing gigs - he doesn't run the corporations & has an extremely uneasy relationship with them. Taxing or nationalising the corporations would help dismantle the class system, taxing the workers does nothing.

‘Insightful’, you used to be good in your time.

But ‘EYEROLL’ Morrissey-Solo button, I’ve never needed you more, than i need you right here, right now. In this thread.

Is that a Rod Stewart song?

Because if so, this site makes me need you more than Rod Stewart could ever even know.

o_O
im ready to be convinced that this:handpointup:
is the re encarnation of old Barnaby Evennow Jones:openmouth:
Imagine frequenting a forum of an artist you’ve never seen sing a note live in your life.
Clown Shoes > Uncle Skinny > 2 peas in a pod.
There is no difference in the two

Vegan Croc (of shit)

Back
Top Bottom