Morrissey's music isn't for women

Alright, I've been wanting to give you a proper response for a while. No animosity- I find your points interesting.
Let's get into specifics: A large portion, or even a majority of M's music is about loneliness. No matter if a woman is a 10/10 or a 1/10, there will always be plenty of horny men who will want sex with the femoid. With men, that isn't the case. There are literally millions of attractive men who can't get girlfriends because they are anti-social or poor. There is not a single woman who could connect with the lines: "Two lovers entwined pass me by, and heaven knows I'm miserable now.", "I need advice, I need advice - Nobody ever looks at me twice" and the entirety of Ask.

In this paragraph, you seem to be equating sex and love. As Moz said, "Sex and love are not the same". If what you say is true, it would mean perhaps that no woman can connect with the lines from Miserable Lie or maybe Let Me Kiss You, but it wouldn't necessarily mean that they can't connect with Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now or the loneliness that Moz expresses. Moz is crying out for an emotional connection, not a physical one. You say that women can't relate with Ask. Why? Even if I accept what you say as true, (which I won't do unless I have actual research or a reputable source confirming it) women can still be shy. They can still be agoraphobic. They can be socially anxious and they can isolate themselves as a result. Even if a bunch of men physically desire a woman, that woman can still be lonely and isolated.

Women also aren't as into music as men. Don't get me wrong, women do like music, but generally speaking only playlists and top 40. It's very rare to find a woman who explores deep into music and will listen to an entire discography by an artist. I've been to a number of shows, and I've asked many fans what their favorite albums and songs are, most men replied with Viva Hate, Bona Drag or Vauxhall and I, whereas not a single woman could name an album besides The Queen Is Dead - not even a Morrissey album.

That's anecdotal and, of course, it's not true of all women. This doesn't really prove your point that no woman can understand Moz's music. This only proves that Morrissey is for a woman who's willing to move beyond Tailor Swift and Beyonce and do some serious musical excavating.
I think there's some truth to this (but, again, I won't accept it without evidence. Anecdotal, notwithstanding). Women tend to be more interdependent and therefore more reliant on fitting in and going with the group. That might make them more likely to consume music that's in-your-face popular. Just a theory.

Politically women are also more left-leaning than men. This is why the vast majority of people you see enraged about Moz's recent comments are holes. It simply takes an intelligent, level-headed man to see that everything Morrissey says is true. This is why women and beta-male liberals are continually seething. Donald Trump also has a similar effect on them.

You're right. It's a fact that women are more liberal. I think I've read that this has something to do with women being more emotionally-driven than men. Not all liberals are illogical idiots, though. I know we're seeing this breed of the extreme left coming into the mainstream calling for censorship, misandry, and communism, but they're poor representatives of the left and they only represent a small voting bloc.
I agree with most of what Moz is saying as well, but I disagree with your assertion that Moz's opinions are objectively true and only idiots can disagree.

Also, as I'm sure you know, Moz doesn't like Donald Drumph either. Does that make him too a beta-cuck male?

So in conclusion, loneliness, intelligence, depression and nationalism are the key factors of Morrissey's music. Women are incapable of truly understanding any of these traits, so his music isn't for them.
Depression? Women are twice as likely as men to be diagnosed with depression. Also, where's your evidence that women can't be nationalistic? You've only proved that women are more likely to be left-wing. There are still some right-wing women about. Can't they be nationalistic?

I've heard similar arguments to this before, but the most popular on this forum is: Morrissey's music is not for Americans. Why? Americans can't understand the cultural references and the quintessentially English lines. They don't get the sense of nostalgia or patriotism from it. They can't understand the humour.

My response to you is the same as my response to them.
We like war poetry. That's why we know of Siegfried Sassoon, Wilfred Owen, and Ivor Gurney decades after their deaths. But how? We've never been to war, nor have we experienced the climate of tension that war creates. Most of us don't know the sounds of gunshots and shells dropping. The climate they're describing is completely alien to us. What can we possibly get from war poetry? Perhaps, not as much as veterans do, but we recognize something in it that makes us like it. Perhaps it's just the universal human pain. Anyway, if we do see beauty in war poetry, if we do get something from it- even though it wasn't written for our generation or for the modern world- why question it?
Women see something in Morrissey's music. Americans see something in Morrissey's music. Why question it?

I think you're projecting to a certain degree as well. I think you're somewhat applying your own views to Morrissey.

inb4 "incel" - Yes, I am a virgin. I am saving my virginity for a pure Catholic who accepts her traditional gender role. I'd much prefer being a virgin, than being a roastie or having STDS. If you use "virgin' or "incel" as pejoratives, Morrissey's music also isn't for you.
Good luck.

Sex isn't a magical cure for loneliness, many women like music and plenty aren't "left-leaning".

You come across like a Viz parody of a Smiths fan - a "back bedroom casualty" chained to a desk in a dark room, sobbing, playing Pretty Girls Make Graves endlessly and moping over the pointlessness of life and how nobody understands but Moz. You must be young - I've never met a man over the age of 20 who speaks about women like an alien species.
EM6W7GTUUAA_CqF

Alright, I've been wanting to give you a proper response for a while. No animosity- I find your points interesting.

In this paragraph, you seem to be equating sex and love. As Moz said, "Sex and love are not the same". If what you say is true, it would mean perhaps that no woman can connect with the lines from Miserable Lie or maybe Let Me Kiss You, but it wouldn't necessarily mean that they can't connect with Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now or the loneliness that Moz expresses. Moz is crying out for an emotional connection, not a physical one. You say that women can't relate with Ask. Why? Even if I accept what you say as true, (which I won't do unless I have actual research or a reputable source confirming it) women can still be shy. They can still be agoraphobic. They can be socially anxious and they can isolate themselves as a result. Even if a bunch of men physically desire a woman, that woman can still be lonely and isolated.

That's anecdotal and, of course, it's not true of all women. This doesn't really prove your point that no woman can understand Moz's music. This only proves that Morrissey is for a woman who's willing to move beyond Tailor Swift and Beyonce and do some serious musical excavating.
I think there's some truth to this (but, again, I won't accept it without evidence. Anecdotal, notwithstanding). Women tend to be more interdependent and therefore more reliant on fitting in and going with the group. That might make them more likely to consume music that's in-your-face popular. Just a theory.

You're right. It's a fact that women are more liberal. I think I've read that this has something to do with women being more emotionally-driven than men. Not all liberals are illogical idiots, though. I know we're seeing this breed of the extreme left coming into the mainstream calling for censorship, misandry, and communism, but they're poor representatives of the left and they only represent a small voting bloc.
I agree with most of what Moz is saying as well, but I disagree with your assertion that Moz's opinions are objectively true and only idiots can disagree.

Also, as I'm sure you know, Moz doesn't like Donald Drumph either. Does that make him too a beta-cuck male?

Depression? Women are twice as likely as men to be diagnosed with depression. Also, where's your evidence that women can't be nationalistic? You've only proved that women are more likely to be left-wing. There are still some right-wing women about. Can't they be nationalistic?

I've heard similar arguments to this before, but the most popular on this forum is: Morrissey's music is not for Americans. Why? Americans can't understand the cultural references and the quintessentially English lines. They don't get the sense of nostalgia or patriotism from it. They can't understand the humour.

We like war poetry. That's why we know of Siegfried Sassoon, Wilfred Owen, and Ivor Gurney decades after their deaths. But how? We've never been to war, nor have we experienced the climate of tension that war creates. Most of us don't know the sounds of gunshots and shells dropping. The climate they're describing is completely alien to us. What can we possibly get from war poetry? Perhaps, not as much as veterans do, but we recognize something in it that makes us like it. Perhaps it's just the universal human pain. Anyway, if we do see beauty in war poetry, if we do get something from it- even though it wasn't written for our generation or for the modern world- why question it?
Women see something in Morrissey's music. Americans see something in Morrissey's music. Why question it?

I think you're projecting to a certain degree as well. I think you're somewhat applying your own views to Morrissey.

Good luck.
tl;dr

Good luck.

tg;dr

All women are like this.
And sad lonely men are pathetic for believing this is a real thing,
and not just a feel good thing created by sad lonely men to
make themselves and their lonely friends feel better.

Back
Top Bottom