Morrissey's song about the Manchester Arena bombing - feelings, thoughts, expectations?

shut up ya dung heap,biggest roaster on this site,morrissey is the rip roaring, free scoring, never boring gift that keeps on giving and you cant get enough of him.
:handpointup:

thought provoking and edyfing post:darts:
will probably earn himself a Sister Salsa lecture:eyes:

:hammer:

It would be appropriate if it was Ariana Grande on guest vocals rather than Iggy Pop. Wonder if he asked?

It would be appropriate if it was Ariana Grande on guest vocals rather than Iggy Pop. Wonder if he asked?

I guess you want the parents of the victims to sing on it also? :rolleyes::straightface:

SAM:
“I can't believe we've come this far in our talk without mentioning your new album Bonfire Of Teenagers. It's your most elegant and uplifting album. It doesn't sound like another step in the same direction.”

I just can’t wait to here it !
We're hardly going to read:

SAM:
“Thank **** we've come this far in our talk without mentioning your new album Bonfire Of Teenagers. It's your biggest slice of faeces yet. It sounds like you're completely out of ideas”

Are we?

Sam's on the payroll, of course it sounds 'magnificent', he needs to do all he can to get money from the punters before anyone can disagree.

We're hardly going to read:

SAM:
“Thank **** we've come this far in our talk without mentioning your new album Bonfire Of Teenagers. It's your biggest slice of faeces yet. It sounds like you're completely out of ideas”

Are we?

Sam's on the payroll, of course it sounds 'magnificent', he needs to do all he can to get money from the punters before anyone can disagree.

Yeah I understand, then again it’s subjective.
We’ll all find out how ‘bad’ or ‘good’ Bonfire is to each of us personally after we hear it.

Like any work of art, it may or may not speak to you at this time in your life.

And I was just being hopeful after reading what Sam said. :blushing:

I should clarify that I was speaking specifically about his lyrics regarding politics and current events, nevertheless these don't do anything for me at all. The "Home is a Question Mark" lyric in particular is about as insightful as a Hallmark card and sullies an otherwise decent song. The other two are just whatever, nothing special.
I share your feelings regarding his recent political songs, but we are not quite ure which angle he has choses for the Bonfire song. As we know, Morrissey started attending gifs around the age of 13, about the same age of some of the kids that died that night at Ariana Grande’s gig. So it must have touched him somehow and lets hope he connects with his own feelings and personal memories of attending gigs as a teenager.

I share your feelings regarding his recent political songs, but we are not quite ure which angle he has choses for the Bonfire song. As we know, Morrissey started attending gifs around the age of 13, about the same age of some of the kids that died that night at Ariana Grande’s gig. So it must have touched him somehow and lets hope he connects with his own feelings and personal memories of attending gigs as a teenager.
But why the gruesome title? It will also be an anti-Muslim song.

I expect Morrissey to put himself in the point of view of the teenagers being killed, or to describe in detail the cruelty of it all, as in "Meat is murder". A very difficult theme, he has choosen at that point.

How do you know it will be an anti-Muslim song? It is very well possible to address the horrors of a radical Islamist terrorist attack without condemning all Muslims, but I suppose that many artists steer away from this topic out of fear for being accused of being anti-Muslim and/or racist for this exact reason. Hopefully, the song focuses on the victims and their experiences, but I am sure that some people will be outraged by it no matter what.

In the relevant parts of the recent M interview already postes by Ketanine Sun, it says that the song is anti-terror. Not all Islamists are terrorists, and not all terrorists are Islamists, so lets hope he doesn’t mention the Islam in there. As for the gruesome title, it is not unusual for Morrissey with his penchant for hyperboles. I always thought Méat Is Murder was a harsh title too for what was essentially a pro-vegeetarian song. World peace is none of your business is also a strong statement to my ear. The man has his way of expressing himself.

Not got any thoughts on the song itself, cos it has not been released, but the title itself is grim and misjudged, to me. Sensationalist. If he would also do a song about brown countries being bombed with arms sold to them by the rogue states of America and England, I would be more accepting.

Not got any thoughts on the song itself, cos it has not been released, but the title itself is grim and misjudged, to me. Sensationalist. If he would also do a song about brown countries being bombed with arms sold to them by the rogue states of America and England, I would be more accepting.

So it's not acceptable to sing songs about evil acts committed on white people predominantly?

In the relevant parts of the recent M interview already postes by Ketanine Sun, it says that the song is anti-terror. Not all Islamists are terrorists, and not all terrorists are Islamists, so lets hope he doesn’t mention the Islam in there. As for the gruesome title, it is not unusual for Morrissey with his penchant for hyperboles. I always thought Méat Is Murder was a harsh title too for what was essentially a pro-vegeetarian song. World peace is none of your business is also a strong statement to my ear. The man has his way of expressing himself.

Not all Germans were Nazi's but that didn't really help matters.

Back
Top Bottom