Most expensive TWWL cassette

Just curious, does anybody have seen this The Smiths ...Best II cassette before. The text on the front of the inlay is white. It has a sticker Music Master from Dubai on the front of the case. The print on the cassette is also a bit weird "The Smiths/Best Of II". I bought it on eBay from a Cypriot seller last year.

IMG_1060.jpg
IMG_1061.jpg

Just curious, does anybody have seen this The Smiths ...Best II cassette before. The text on the front of the inlay is white. It has a sticker Music Master from Dubai on the front of the case. The print on the cassette is also a bit weird "The Smiths/Best Of II". I bought it on eBay from a Cypriot seller last year.

View attachment 48469 View attachment 48470

Hi Marcel, long time no speak.
In short, yes.

ff06d270-0093-4757-b3c5-337359901ebc-original.jpg

Have you ever seen a Best II with orange text? I'm still after one of those.

No, but I’m looking for one. I just thought it was a U.K./EU variant to partner this one..

Does it have any other identifiers, “France WE” on the spine or GEMA/BIEM on the cassette?

55077708-0646-4AFC-8392-6C168A4BE60E.jpeg

Hello I.R. & ordinaryboy86,

@I.R. Does your Best II with white text also have te "The Smiths/Best Of II" printed on the cassette. I do have the UK/EU Best I with white text. I have never seen both UK/EU cassettes with orange text.

@ordinaryboy86 The identifiers on the spine are the same as the UK/EU release. The cassette is still sealed.

Take care, Marcel

Hello I.R. & ordinaryboy86,

@I.R. Does your Best II with white text also have te "The Smiths/Best Of II" printed on the cassette. I do have the UK/EU Best I with white text. I have never seen both UK/EU cassettes with orange text.

@ordinaryboy86 The identifiers on the spine are the same as the UK/EU release. The cassette is still sealed.

Take care, Marcel

Yep, exactly the same text printed on the cassette itself. :)

So, it is an EU/UK release with white text. Thanks! :thumb:

Ok, so I just had a good look at it.
If you look closely, on side 2 of the cassette itself, in very small print it reads 'duplicated by Tatik'.

After a quick search on Discogs, this is what I found:
"Manufacturer And Distributor Of Discs, Videodiscs And Music Cassettes in Malaysia."

Malaysia is even better than an EU/UK release! :thumb: My cassette is still sealed. I just want to keep it like that. Thanks for the update!

Malaysia is even better than an EU/UK release! :thumb: My cassette is still sealed. I just want to keep it like that. Thanks for the update!

How many smiths cassettes do you have? I’ve pretty much abandoned every other area of collecting to focus solely on cassettes, I’ve racked up quite a few so far, but noticed a few blinders in your collection on Discogs. Would love to see some of rarest/favourite cassettes!

How many smiths cassettes do you have? I’ve pretty much abandoned every other area of collecting to focus solely on cassettes, I’ve racked up quite a few so far, but noticed a few blinders in your collection on Discogs. Would love to see some of rarest/favourite cassettes!

I am collecting cassettes for a long time. There was a time that cassettes were the unforgotten collectable and you could find them for very low prices. I haven't counted my The Smiths and Morrissey cassettes but I should have more than 400. They are stored in 11 boxes from the 80's (see picture). Saying this you did find some great cassettes which are still on my wantlist. As for my collection on Discogs, not all my The Smiths and Morrissey items are listed. Anyway, I will post some pictures of my favourite cassettes over the coming weeks.

IMG_1064.jpg

I am collecting cassettes for a long time. There was a time that cassettes were the unforgotten collectable and you could find them for very low prices. I haven't counted my The Smiths and Morrissey cassettes but I should have more than 400. They are stored in 11 boxes from the 80's (see picture). Saying this you did find some great cassettes which are still on my wantlist. As for my collection on Discogs, not all my The Smiths and Morrissey items are listed. Anyway, I will post some pictures of my favourite cassettes over the coming weeks.

View attachment 48474

I think I’ve got about 200 all told. I haven’t really started on the U.K./US/CAN, i’ll top my collection up with those when I hit a dead end on the rarer stuff.

I can see the Glory Smiths Cassette with the peach coloured titles on the spine & the one with the Rolling Stones logo, those two are high up on my wantlist.

I would’ve loved this A-Team cassette too but seller wanted $200-300.

19CFB2CB-CE00-413D-A005-DD4132969752.jpeg

I think I’ve got about 200 all told. I haven’t really started on the U.K./US/CAN, i’ll top my collection up with those when I hit a dead end on the rarer stuff.

I can see the Glory Smiths Cassette with the peach coloured titles on the spine & the one with the Rolling Stones logo, those two are high up on my wantlist.

I would’ve loved this A-Team cassette too but seller wanted $200-300.

View attachment 48475

The same seller has contacted me. His prices are far too high! You will probably find them for better prices from other sellers.

You are right about the Glory and the Rolling Stones logo cassettes. The Japanese debut cassette is still my favourite.

IMG_1065.jpg

This thread was started in Oct 18’ off the back of this auction for the Uruguayan World Won’t Listen Cassette, which went for £80! Seems like chump change now, just 6 months on, the cassette market has gone crazy. £200 for the Satan Rejected My Soul Cassette still tops the lot, (I think). But there’s just been an Indonesian World Peace hit £156 tonight.

64141EE9-72A1-46EA-ADC6-DCEAE57B9533.jpeg

This thread was started in Oct 18’ off the back of this auction for the Uruguayan World Won’t Listen Cassette, which went for £80! Seems like chump change now, just 6 months on, the cassette market has gone crazy. £200 for the Satan Rejected My Soul Cassette still tops the lot, (I think). But there’s just been an Indonesian World Peace hit £156 tonight.

View attachment 48566
When I saw this auction i couldn't imagine a cassette going for so much but you are right, seems like small potatoes now.. Lol

View attachment 48566

It's mad isnt it, I would quite hapoily pay £80 for a cassette now. I saw the World Peace on eBay but opted out at £100 or so...

It's crazy to think that I was picking up most of my cassettes for £20 average just a couple of years or so. I remember thinking £40 for a cassette was ridiculous. How times, and prices, very quickly change.

Do know where this one’s from? There’s no spine on this one, it’s a low res photocopy of the Euro CD, I think.

C1D55F7D-8596-46E3-82C5-173E128A31F9.jpeg
B59E60E9-FB8C-42AC-A05A-A4588CBE0EA2.jpeg
D200A4FF-DE20-4524-ACB0-EDAEADA336E4.jpeg
4E858DC4-388E-4CCD-B620-C3A4EC5D9B0C.jpeg
7C64E102-EF81-48DC-9D94-F7BE4A5FBCEB.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom