Most expensive TWWL cassette

roky

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
My bad,
When I copied the link it copied the cassette below since the auction was already over. I fixed the link now so it is the correct one.

Deffo a rare one but still surprised by the price. Quarry Russian cassettes are regularly priced around the £100 mark but rarely sell, (that’s not to say haven’t tho). Funnily enough it’s the obscure unofficial cassettes that seem to rake in the big bucks. I’ve currently got a Saudi Meat Is Murder with several offers in excess of £70. The Uruguayan Morrissey Walkman mix I had sold for a pretty penny too, I think if one of those turned up on eBay it would surpass the WWL cassette.

....these don’t come cheap either

1FA7EF58-8804-46E3-957B-E7C0BB94FD6B.jpeg

No doubt in my mind the Saudi SMITHS cassette would sell for a stupid amount, and the Singapore cassette too, albeit it a little bit less.

0AF0CECF-6672-4EEE-A912-7FC0CB28425F.png
538CC65B-F1C8-47AD-8173-770F788DDC1F.png

I was trying to remember what country the "censored" self title cassette came from. I have part 1 of Louder Than Bombs Saudi cassette, never found the part 2 cassette . Apparently they were sold separate. I also have this odd ball Philippine Hatful Of Hollow cassette. Don't remember when it where.
I forgot about the Russian Quarry. I don't remember seeing it in 2004. I might of overlooked it trying to keep up with all the CD-r acetate singles that were coming out every month or so. It was mad back then..

Attachments

• 168622_1772132783767_1352936_n.jpg
    168622_1772132783767_1352936_n.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 0
No doubt in my mind the Saudi SMITHS cassette would sell for a stupid amount, and the Singapore cassette too, albeit it a little bit less.

View attachment 45963 View attachment 45964

The Singapore cassette was on Discogs for sale for around four years up until maybe a year or so ago. I think the seller originally had it up for £120. I hit him up telling him it wasn't worth that and that he should sell it to me for £40. He politely told me to f*** off and I put it in my basket to keep an eye on it. Over the years he slowly dropped the price by £10-20 each six months or so, until one day it just vanished and was sold for about £60 I think. I'm still kicking myself.
I've never seen the Italian one for sale but it's been on my list for years. I love the 80's style artwork.

The censored Saudi Arabian cassette has been high on my list forever. It came up on eBay about three years ago, as part of a four cassette bundle, 99p start price. The other three cassettes were just standard UK Smiths / Morrissey albums. I stuck 50 quid on them immediately. A few days later I noticed the auction had been changed to just three cassettes, and the photo now omitted the Saudi tape. I hit the seller up to ask what happened to it, and he said someone had messaged him asking if he could just purchase the Saudi cassette by itself. The seller had agreed and had sold it for £10. I almost burst into tears. I still don't have a copy.

I have the Philippines version of Hatful that Roky posted and the Russian Quarry cassette is still right at the top of my list. There have been two copies, from the same seller, floating about on eBay for years now. I'm sure he sold one a couple of years ago, but now there is two again, so he must have a few copies. I have just been holding out to see if the price comes down. In fact I'm sure I messaged you about it last year, seeing if you were able to source a slightly cheaper copy. I'll buy it one day but for now it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
And it's a lot of money to just take a photo of it and post it on here and then have it sitting on my shelf doing f*** all.

I have been thinking of posting photos of my entire cassette collection here if anyone would be interested, there are quite interesting bits in there. I will try and do it in the next week or so.

Last edited:
The Singapore cassette was on Discogs for sale for around four years up until maybe a year or so ago. I think the seller originally had it up for £120. I hit him up telling him it wasn't worth that and that he should sell it to me for £40. He politely told me to f*** off and I put it in my basket to keep an eye on it. Over the years he slowly dropped the price by £10-20 each six months or so, until one day it just vanished and was sold for about £60 I think. I'm still kicking myself.
I've never seen the Italian one for sale but it's been on my list for years. I love the 80's style artwork.

The censored Saudi Arabian cassette has been high on my list forever. It came up on eBay about three years ago, as part of a four cassette bundle, 99p start price. The other three cassettes were just standard UK Smiths / Morrissey albums. I stuck 50 quid on them immediately. A few days later I noticed the auction had been changed to just three cassettes, and the photo now omitted the Saudi tape. I hit the seller up to ask what happened to it, and he said someone had messaged him asking if he could just purchase the Saudi cassette by itself. The seller had agreed and had sold it for £10. I almost burst into tears. I still don't have a copy.

I have the Philippines version of Hatful that Roky posted and the Russian Quarry cassette is still right at the top of my list. There have been two copies, from the same seller, floating about on eBay for years now. I'm sure he sold one a couple of years ago, but now there is two again, so he must have a few copies. I have just been holding out to see if the price comes down. In fact I'm sure I messaged you about it last year, seeing if you were able to source a slightly cheaper copy. I'll buy it one day but for now it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
And it's a lot of money to just take a photo of it and post it on here and then have it sitting on my shelf doing f*** all.

I have been thinking of posting photos of my entire cassette collection here if anyone would be interested, there are quite interesting bits in there. I will try and do it in the next week or so.
Hey Tera,
I would love to see your cassette collection. I love the censored quirky artwork. Did you mean there have been a few Russian Quarry cassettes on eBay recently? I remember seeing one of two a few years ago for like 100 quid. But I haven't seen one in a while. But I haven't looked hard so I might of missed it. I have always had that on my list but can't see paying that much.
I wish ebay went back to just auctions like it was years ago. The buy it now f***ed it all up and even worst now. Someone sees a, for instance Saudi tape or promo cdr acetate sell for a decent amount and then they are priced at BIN for triple the amount what they are worth cause two people needed it for their collection and had a bidding war. Then people see that item "priced" at a ridiculous amount and think that is what it is worth and they just sit at a ridiculous price and f***s the whole collecting market up. Of all Smiths and Morrissey items on ebay, 1/8th are auctions.
Speaking of Saudi tapes, Have you ever seen the 2nd cassette for Louder Than Bombs? I have only seen the 1st one.
But I would love to see your cassette collection when you get a chance.
Take care

Hey Tera,
I would love to see your cassette collection. I love the censored quirky artwork. Did you mean there have been a few Russian Quarry cassettes on eBay recently? I remember seeing one of two a few years ago for like 100 quid. But I haven't seen one in a while. But I haven't looked hard so I might of missed it. I have always had that on my list but can't see paying that much.
I wish ebay went back to just auctions like it was years ago. The buy it now f***ed it all up and even worst now. Someone sees a, for instance Saudi tape or promo cdr acetate sell for a decent amount and then they are priced at BIN for triple the amount what they are worth cause two people needed it for their collection and had a bidding war. Then people see that item "priced" at a ridiculous amount and think that is what it is worth and they just sit at a ridiculous price and f***s the whole collecting market up. Of all Smiths and Morrissey items on ebay, 1/8th are auctions.
Speaking of Saudi tapes, Have you ever seen the 2nd cassette for Louder Than Bombs? I have only seen the 1st one.
Take care

Agreed re: the eBay auctions, I personally have never been afraid to list items in a 99p start auction, even very rare stuff, if you believe in the value of your item then 9 times of 10, the bidders will do their job for you and meet that value. There is a Quarry cassette up now for $99, BIN, and to reiterate, if the seller genuinely believes it’s worth that much, then have faith in your punters to meet that value and just stick it in an auction.

Hey Tera,
Take care
Hi guys, bought these recently
saudi tapes.jpg
Very nice condition too.
and this
very best.jpg

You guys are killing me with all these cassettes. I am druling over them. I love the ones with clam shell cases. Ordinary, you are 100% correct. I always listed my auctions starting at .99. They are going to sell for a good price and sometimes much more. I might of lost a little money in 1-10 and that was even rare. The whole buy it now stales the market out. They just sit and sit and sit.
that is the 2nd Louder Than Bombs i was talking about Lute. Is is Saudi correct? Or Philippine?
also Lute, what are those two Team cassettes in the second photo.
Also another favorite of mine is the Philippine Viva Hate cassette with the Suedehead cover and Viva Hate stamped on black. I have a picture of it I will upload tomorrow.

I’ve got a few more coming from Chile & Argentina later this month. Will post when they arrive.
Just been digging thru the archives and a QID Saudi, sold for €170 on eBay back in March. (At least that’s what it was listed at, not sure if it sold for the BIN price of an offer was accepted)

And what about this lot, makes you wanna cry doesn’t it, £50 for the lot! Sold, on EIL.COM

855DAFA1-E455-4BD4-A204-10A75EF5F89B.jpeg

I’ve got a few more coming from Chile & Argentina later this month. Will post when they arrive.
Just been digging thru the archives and a QID Saudi, sold for €170 on eBay back in March. (At least that’s what it was listed at, not sure if it sold for the BIN price of an offer was accepted)

And what about this lot, makes you wanna cry doesn’t it, £50 for the lot! Sold, on EIL.COM

View attachment 46032

Surprised eil sold that lot for 50 coin.

You guys are killing me with all these cassettes. I am druling over them. I love the ones with clam shell cases. Ordinary, you are 100% correct. I always listed my auctions starting at .99. They are going to sell for a good price and sometimes much more. I might of lost a little money in 1-10 and that was even rare. The whole buy it now stales the market out. They just sit and sit and sit.
that is the 2nd Louder Than Bombs i was talking about Lute. Is is Saudi correct? Or Philippine?
also Lute, what are those two Team cassettes in the second photo.
Also another favorite of mine is the Philippine Viva Hate cassette with the Suedehead cover and Viva Hate stamped on black. I have a picture of it I will upload tomorrow.
Hi, the Ateam cassette is Indonesian very best of the smiths, the white part under it is the insert. The louder is a Saudi one yes

Back
Top Bottom