Most memorable moz-solo members

Some people have just changed their names.

itsverycold used to post as yesitis.

Justin Playfair used to post as Alainsane.

Wrong. alainsane lives in Flagstaff and still posts here. Justin lives in Boise. I know both of them very well and they are two different people.

Superhans and billy scissors were top posters!

yeah, billy scissors was a top guy. I think he got rid of his computer and I haven't heard off him since. If he still reads this forum then I hope he send me an email or private message soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn right Davie. It Anon who is taking this too seriously.
It is a simple matter of common politeness. We're all here to correspond. You wouldn't send an e-mail without a name.

Everyone here is "anonymous" unless they choose to tell their personal details. If Peterb is not your real full legal name then it's no different than posting as anonymous. Davie got it right, though. The board needed posts and drama keeps people coming back for more.

I think the only thing objectionable about posting anonymously is if you are nice under your regular screen name and then post as anonymous to say something you wouldn't say normally. It's funny that some people that object to the anonymous posts use "sock puppets" which you may know is using a second registered name and pretending it is a second identity.

The other funny thing is that one person in this thread has loved and hated me both, when I have posted as anonymous, but would only complain about an anonymous post if they didn't like it. Frankly, why would I bother to create a screen name? So you can form an opinion of me and develop it, think that you like or dislike me based on some posts on a messageboard? Why would you care?

Everyone here is "anonymous" unless they choose to tell their personal details. If Peterb is not your real full legal name then it's no different than posting as anonymous. Davie got it right, though. The board needed posts and drama keeps people coming back for more.

I think the only thing objectionable about posting anonymously is if you are nice under your regular screen name and then post as anonymous to say something you wouldn't say normally. It's funny that some people that object to the anonymous posts use "sock puppets" which you may know is using a second registered name and pretending it is a second identity.

The other funny thing is that one person in this thread has loved and hated me both, when I have posted as anonymous, but would only complain about an anonymous post if they didn't like it. Frankly, why would I bother to create a screen name? So you can form an opinion of me and develop it, think that you like or dislike me based on some posts on a messageboard? Why would you care?
If you really do not understand the difference between using a registered name and Anon then maybe you're not as bright as you think you are.
I suppose I should explain it to you but I can't be arsed.

If you really do not understand the difference between using a registered name and Anon then maybe you're not as bright as you think you are.

I think it's obvious he's aware of both as he's made a case of posting as both, he's just saying that we're all basically anonymous unless we start posting pics and linking to facebook pages and all that.

I liked billyscissors too. Except when he said my new Pumas were dreadful or boring or something. :p Totally took the wind out of my I GOTS NEW SHOEZ YALL! sails. He was otherwise lovely. And his name is a Beatles pun which I love.

Everyone here is "anonymous" unless they choose to tell their personal details. If Peterb is not your real full legal name then it's no different than posting as anonymous.

The specific users who are complaining about anonymous posts at the moment are doing so for one reason: they're team players who respond not to the content of posts, but who instead signal with their approval/disapproval which lynch mob they'd like to join or remain part of. It's really pathetic.

At the moment, there are so few users that not even two "teams" of registered users can be formed--so you have registered vs unregistered.

That's been the dynamic of the site for a very long time.

The specific users who are complaining about anonymous posts at the moment are doing so for one reason: they're team players who respond not to the content of posts, but who instead signal with their approval/disapproval which lynch mob they'd like to join or remain part of. It's really pathetic.

At the moment, there are so few users that not even two "teams" of registered users can be formed--so you have registered vs unregistered.

That's been the dynamic of the site for a very long time.
It's difficult to respond to you because you are Anon and I do not have the context of past posts (as I do with Crystal or Davie etc and they with me). This is the issue.
I have no idea where you get the 'team player' 'lynch mob' idea from. It is not the case. Honest.

I agree, it's silly some anonymous users could at least let us know which member is posting by typing their user name instead of the anonymous name. It's the familiarity that users like. That's the whole point of a forum. It's a community. Even if a member doesn't come back for months or years, we still know who they are. Anonymous could be absolutely anyone, that's why nobody responds back.

Anyway this whole anonymous issue is boring now...as long as the moderators do their bloody job and moderate anonymous posts then we won't have the issue of reporting and complaining about threatening or insulting posts made by Joe Blogs on his computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anonymous could be absolutely anyone, that's why nobody responds back.

They don't? You sure about that?

Anyway this whole anonymous issue is boring now...as long as the moderators do their bloody job and moderate anonymous posts then we won't have the issue of reporting and complaining about threatening or insulting posts made by Joe Blogs on his computer.

The vast majority of such posts are made by registered users--specifically, by the same ones who do most of the whining that they're being victimized.

Are you only bothered when you don't know who it is you wish to hold a grudge against?

LOL!
It would be nice to know who posted what. It’s not easy to do with so many “Anonymous” users. I’m with Peterb on this.

If you had a good point to make you would have made it. The difference is what I said it was and if you could refute that, you would. You felt the need to reply but not the need to advance or explain your point? Whatever you say, Peterb.

I agree, it's silly some anonymous users could at least let us know which member is posting by typing their user name instead of the anonymous name. It's the familiarity that users like. That's the whole point of a forum. It's a community. Even if a member doesn't come back for months or years, we still know who they are.
exactly :straightface:

The 3 guys around the dead horse picture I have seen many times but does anyone know where is it from ? Is it a movie or just a still photo ?

The 3 guys around the dead horse picture I have seen many times but does anyone know where is it from ? Is it a movie or just a still photo ?

It's from the movie Office Space. They're beating up a printer.

If you had a good point to make you would have made it. The difference is what I said it was and if you could refute that, you would. You felt the need to reply but not the need to advance or explain your point? Whatever you say, Peterb.
But I did explain. I CANNOT BE ARSED.
Is that not clear enough for you?
Who cares whether you get the point or not.

But I did explain. I CANNOT BE ARSED.
Is that not clear enough for you?
Who cares whether you get the point or not.

What were you saying about anonymous users preventing intelligent discourse, Peter?

Back
Top Bottom