Motorcycle Au Pair Boy

Dave2006

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It's rarer than you'd think, but not as rare as 50 quid.

I've checked back, I've watched a couple of these last year. I can find prices around £23-25 and the highest was £85.00:eek: I thought 50 was a high starting price too (I got one of these dirt cheap a couple of years ago - by mistake:o so I'm interested in the value)

Mine;s got a brown sleeve with the interesting drug picture but in brown. Is that the same thing?

The one under discussion came in a black sleeve and is numbered SPM29 its a promo of the etched 12".

As said in another thread, it's one of my fave Moz items - took me AGES to find it. I'd definitely pay more than 50 quid.

erm...and it's not the same as the etched "Interesting Drug" 12 inch in brown sleeve

surely a top 100 item in my opinion

I thought that there were around 100 of these promos especially made for Moz or for him to give to friends/those in the know etc. Is that true? The other "ID" promo red sleeve (similar to the previous 12" single promos) are much easier to find.

So for Interesting Drug 12" we have

Red Sleeve ID promo
Black sleeve ID promo etched disc
ID 12"
ID 12" etched
ID 12" mispress

Which is the rarest? I would think the Black sleeve promo would fetch close to 50 quid.

Well, that's what i thought (or even read somewhere), it was a gift for his 29th birthday - hence the number SPM29. Where's Stephane when you need him? ;)

I thought that there were around 100 of these promos especially made for Moz or for him to give to friends/those in the know etc. Is that true? The other "ID" promo red sleeve (similar to the previous 12" single promos) are much easier to find.

So for Interesting Drug 12" we have

Red Sleeve ID promo
Black sleeve ID promo etched disc
ID 12"
ID 12" etched
ID 12" mispress

Which is the rarest? I would think the Black sleeve promo would fetch close to 50 quid.

Well, that's what i thought (or even read somewhere), it was a gift for his 29th birthday - hence the number SPM29. Where's Stephane when you need him? ;)

That would make it Number 6 on the top 100 rarities? Looks like I'm not the only one watching this now....should have kept my gob shut.

1. That's Entertainment Promo
2. No One an Hold A Candle To You Promo
3. You Are The Quarry Interview Promo
4. Any Of The Live Westwood One Type Radio Shows
5. Pregnant For The Last Time Puzzle Japan
6. Interesting Drug Birthday Sleeve Promo
7. You Are The Quarry Korean With Different Booklet Photo
8. the Bowie/Morrissey outsiders tour promo cd/pack Boy Racer
9. 12" Suedehead (numbered promo) 12POPDJ1618
10. 12" Every Day Is Like Sunday (promo) 12POPDJ1619

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=75325&page=2&highlight=top+100

That would make it Number 6 on the top 100 rarities? Looks like I'm not the only one watching this now....should have kept my gob shut.

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=75325&page=2&highlight=top+100

As a one time Collector/Dealer - I've had hold of the majority of that list at least once over..

No One Can Hold A Candle To You Promo would be definately top of that list - (I've had it only once)
The Toshiba Japanese Puzzle would be second.. that was a difficult one to find at a reasonable price.
I've bought and sold at least 4 of the Westwood One double Cd Promo's (highest £130) - and I have had many of the Dutch 'That's Entertainment' Promo Cd's over the years. I know quite a few people who have this Cd at least once (Walkers Crisp included, I think) - That Cd would not be in the Top 4 for me.

I can remember that when we tried to compile that Top 100 Moz items list we didn't care about ranking in the first place. We planned to do that later (remember Grimster?), but never got that far. So it's just a random listing of stuff people think would make the Top 100. I'd put the ominous "No One Can Hold A Candle To You" CD promo on top of the list as well. Do you have one, Mick?

I can remember that when we tried to compile that Top 100 Moz items list we didn't care about ranking in the first place. We planned to do that later (remember Grimster?), but never got that far. So it's just a random listing of stuff people think would make the Top 100. I'd put the ominous "No One Can Hold A Candle To You" CD promo on top of the list as well. Do you have one, Mick?

Walkers, I bought one to sell it about two years ago.. I had it for literally 15 minutes before I sent it off! - I've had a few people ask for this cd lately.. I havent been buying or selling recently, and just can't get it..
I saw two on eBay when they first came out - they quickly disappeared within hours.

PM me if you are still here crsp...

that list hasn't been ordered at all

I've done it in the order it's been posted not the actual what should be top, I'm hoping we can come to some agreement as to what's number 1 through to 100

just went for £76 - my last minute bid wasn't enough :(

just went for £76 - my last minute bid wasn't enough :(

Wow, sorry you didnt get it after all the chat on here - off to find mine as if its worth that it was a far better buy than I ever realised.

£63????? Jesus, last time I sold one it went for £18!!!!!

Peter

From the discussions above the price I paid is about right (Mick said £60 - £80) - possibly only 100 made and like I said the last one went for £76.

Back
Top Bottom