Moz sighting in Altrincham

HOme is a question mark?

Hmm is the wedding of the year going to be in OK or Hello magazine? Oh dear.

'The People's Friend' I'd heard...

9781845354206.jpg

Is this related to the line in "Pregnant"?

It is indeed.
"The People's Friend" is an ancient and venerable British publication, only to be found in doctors waiting rooms, funeral parlours and at the bottom of old ladies shopping bags with boiled sweets and baby blue pills sticking to it.

I was purchasing 2 packs of soft peach bathroom tissue for the very reasonable price of £3 at about 20:25 this evening in The Co-operative store in Kingston Upon Thames. Over the in-store "radio" came the strains of 'Why don't you find out for yourself?' and Morrissey's dulcet tones. This alone places The Co-op head and shoulders above Waitrose M&S and other supermarkets. :)

Last edited:
I was purchasing 2 packs of soft peach bathroom tissue for the very reasonable price of £3 at about 20:25 this evening in The Co-operative store in Kingston Upon Thames. Over the in-store "radio" came the strains of 'Why don't you find out for yourself?' and Morrissey's dulcet tones. This alone places The Co-op head and shoulders above Waitrose M&S and other supermarkets. :)

The Co-op. Sounds like a place chickens would shop. ;)

I would say that M&S is slightly posher than Waitrose, but I also think that Morrisons is posher than Sainsbury's. Underneath your list, I'd put Netto (a budget chain that I've only ever seen in the north) and, right at the bottom, Poundland (some might say that it's not a "supermarket", but I think it technically is - especially some of the really big ones you get in south London). I've never heard of Farm Foods. :confused:

So we only have budget supermarket chains in the north, eh? Well, after consulting the latest Netto flyer that has just been pushed through my door, it reveals they do in fact have these stores as far a field as London and Birmingham.

The said leaflet also contains some cracking offers, such as 15 bottles of Tuborg for £7.99, tins of hot dogs for 49p and 4 pork pies for a £1. And our lass loves Netto as you can get 3 bottles of wine for £10.

Well, that's me away now for a stroll to my local Netto. I'll be wearing my flat cap whilst walking my greyhound around these cobbled streets in the North. You can stick your Waitrose up your arse.

So we only have budget supermarket chains in the north, eh? Well, after consulting the latest Netto flyer that has just been pushed through my door, it reveals they do in fact have these stores as far a field as London and Birmingham.

The said leaflet also contains some cracking offers, such as 15 bottles of Tuborg for £7.99, tins of hot dogs for 49p and 4 pork pies for a £1. And our lass loves Netto as you can get 3 bottles of wine for £10.

Well, that's me away now for a stroll to my local Netto. I'll be wearing my flat cap whilst walking my greyhound around these cobbled streets in the North. You can stick your Waitrose up your arse.

I can't go to shop yet, i'm still down tu' pit

Hahaha :lbf:

So a guy can't wear a bag with a strap? Now the graffitti pattern, now that's a worry? Doesn't sound like Moz.

????
It sounds exactly like Moz. He gave his preference for Wilstaff caps way back in 86 (http://foreverill.com/interviews/1986/mozfile.htm) he's been seen wearing them repeatedly (when I assume he'd rather not be bothered as they hide his famous quiff), and last month he was seen on film carrying a man purse.

Oooh, the grafitti pattern - yes, that threw me too. Maybe it was a gift from his sister.

I think the "hurry on by" statement was in reference to realising that Moz, dressed as such, was hoping to be left alone, not a comment on his fashion taste.

Last edited:
I saw someone who looked like Morrissey (not in Altrincham) near my donut store. :D I was probably getting "pre-donut consumption" high when I spotted him, but he was in a brown vandenplas mini and stroking his chin as he drove past. I thought..."Could that? Nah." It was very exciting. :p I trick myself all the time though so this is way not official sighting news, I thought someone might have a laugh though.

£3?!!! ARE YOU SHITTING A BRICK?! Normally it'd only cost £2 for two from Happy Shopper. Disgraceful.

*Wipes away tear*

£3?!!! ARE YOU SHITTING A BRICK?! Normally it'd only cost £2 for two from Happy Shopper. Disgraceful.

I think the "Co-operative store in Kingston upon Thames" quote says it all.Get yer sen to Poundland man.

p.s. Ive just been to Aldi.About three stone of dry roasted for 1.60.f***in bargain

Last edited:
surely toilet paper is a product you should really splurge on.

as it were.

Back
Top Bottom