Mozipedia - your thoughts?

Mine arrived this morning, and a quick flick through - it's absolutely stunning. You name it, it's in there, up to and including the most recent releases. Those who thought there's nothing new in there are massively off the mark. it's a fantastic piece of work, arranged to dip in and out of when you want.

Any chance you can scan it in for us?

:rofl:

Sometimes I kill me!

Any chance you can scan it in for us?

:rofl:

Sometimes I kill me!

you're funny indeed! ahahah...

I am amazed... if I actually receive the book, that Portugal has it and America doesn't yet. Jesus.

The graphic design looks beautiful, but I'm hesitant about anyone being the authority on the songs other than Morrissey.

gotta say, i haven't had any problems with play so far. amazon does have better packaging, but i've never had stuff from play get messed up in shipping. maybe i've just gotten lucky though. knock on wood and all that.

The more I read about it the more I want it! I've always been a complete loser for books like these. My desire to know all the details and everything! But I haven't managed to get my hands on any Morrissey-related books yet...

Just a question for anyone who has this and the earlier Smiths book - is the new one like a SUPER expanded version or would it still be worth getting the earlier one in addition to it? Not that I know that I'm going to get either EVER, but maybe for my birthday or something :lbf:

I'd love to see, like, a page of preview. Or something!

yeah, but is it worth your hard earned cash?

Well I don't know about my 'hard earned' cash, but just paid £20 out of my easily earned cash (I've never worked hard in my life:D) from HMV. Had a good a look as you can have on a 15 minute bus ride home and impressed by the content:guitar:
This website gets an honourable mention!

Jukebox Jury

This website gets an honourable mention!

Jukebox Jury

Indeed it does, and a complimentary one too, and David T is one of many in the credits. Now you're sat down with the book and can have a good browse, what do you make of it?

Peter

Last edited:
Indeed it does, and a complimentary one too, and David T is one of many in the credits. Now you're sat down with the book and can have a good browse, what do you make of it?

Peter

Well I'm sat down with a beer, not the book! Haven't touched it since getting in..... I have a golden rule with books..... strictly one at a time..... got about 45 pages left of John Robb's recent book on Manchester music.
Though to be honest, much like Simon's 'Songs That Saved Your Life', I don't expect to sit and read it all..... but dip in when a certain topic / song comes up. Will be a great source of info.

I think this book has the potential to become my third favourite Smiths / Morrissey book:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Well I'm sat down with a beer, not the book! Haven't touched it since getting in..... I have a golden rule with books..... strictly one at a time..... got about 45 pages left of John Robb's recent book on Manchester music.
Though to be honest, much like Simon's 'Songs That Saved Your Life', I don't expect to sit and read it all..... but dip in when a certain topic / song comes up. Will be a great source of info.

I think this book has the potential to become my third favourite Smiths / Morrissey book:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

what's John Robb's book like?i like his band Goldblade but can he write, i'd imagine him to be a bit light weight really.

what's John Robb's book like?i like his band Goldblade but can he write, i'd imagine him to be a bit light weight really.

It's very good. I have three books by Robb (Stone Roses, The 90's.... what the f*** was that all about?).
The Manchester book is a series of interviews put together as if it was a bunch of blokes (and women) sat talking about a topic.
So, for instance, you get all the players who were at the Free Trade Hall Sex Pistols gigs detailing the event.....
Well worth getting:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

I Had a look at it today in Borders, it's beautifully done and very informative, yay for the Solo mention! :thumb: :p

This book sounds great. I'm gonna get someone to get it for my 40th:( birthday.:D

Tags
mozipedia unclescanner
Back
Top Bottom