Mozipedia - your thoughts?

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Mine arrived this morning, and a quick flick through - it's absolutely stunning. You name it, it's in there, up to and including the most recent releases. Those who thought there's nothing new in there are massively off the mark. it's a fantastic piece of work, arranged to dip in and out of when you want. If you haven't ordered a copy, go and do it - you won't regret it. Two more points:

1) I'm not on commission, honest, it's just a fantastic book

2) This is a new thread for a new subject, hence not merged with older threads.

Peter

Mine arrived this morning, and a quick flick through - it's absolutely stunning. You name it, it's in there, up to and including the most recent releases. Those who thought there's nothing new in there are massively off the mark. it's a fantastic piece of work, arranged to dip in and out of when you want. If you haven't ordered a copy, go and do it - you won't regret it. Two more points:

Peter

Where is the cheapest place to order it from? Amazon? Or is there another place to order it?

I'm always a sucker for any publication with the man on the front. This one especially looks like a quality item can't wait for delivery. I've often thought the guru's on this site could get together and produce the definative volume. DavidT, Stephane, Mikael, Flax etc, perhaps that's one for when he retires.

Peter

I'm buying it right now on the strength of your recommendation!

it's £14.99 on play.com, and that's with free shipping. just ordered mine earlier.

I just ordered it, I hope they do a nice job this time... I payed €28,75 with postal service included (or whatever it's called)

it's £14.99 on play.com, and that's with free shipping. just ordered mine earlier.

play.com have monkeys doing the packing for them, i got my Jeff Buckley 'Grace Around The World' boxset, i paid £24 for it and it came squashed to f***... i'm rueing over getting off another site before i use Play

I'm tempted to buy it now.

play.com have monkeys doing the packing for them, i got my Jeff Buckley 'Grace Around The World' boxset, i paid £24 for it and it came squashed to f***... i'm rueing over getting off another site before i use Play

heard that about play before, amazon tend to box up well, and they seem to be cheapest.

Mine came from Amazon - it's been ordered for ages - well packaged, arrived at the crack of dawn today. The more I read it, the more impressed I am. It's amazing.

Peter

Mine came from Amazon - it's been ordered for ages - well packaged, arrived at the crack of dawn today. The more I read it, the more impressed I am. It's amazing.

Peter

Are you just saying that because you're a big fan, or is it really "brilliant"? If so, in what way is it brilliant? Is there any new information in there that fans who have all the Smiths/Morrissey books and have read most interviews won't know already?

Are you just saying that because you're a big fan, or is it really "brilliant"? If so, in what way is it brilliant? Is there any new information in there that fans who have all the Smiths/Morrissey books and have read most interviews won't know already?

No, it's a damn fine book, and for the first time, we get the whys and wherefores of every single Morrissey Solo song.

Peter

I ordered this yesterday from Amazon. Due to Mr Skinny's words, I can't wait to read it. I may even look forward to my 3 hour commute each day. :rolleyes:

That's good to know, I was curious about it when I saw it on the front page. Does anyone know if or when it'll be available in the states? Or should I just be prepared to order it from amazon.co.uk?

There's alot of comments about this book & I've read Mr P Finnan's review on Amazon but no-one has yet described in any sort of detail, why it's worth buying this book.

What does include?

Track by track & album by album reviews?
Interviews with the key players? People like Boz or Gary Day or Stephen Street? Is is layed out like an encylopeida, what?

Someone?

Tags
mozipedia unclescanner
Back
Top Bottom